Notill......questions? crawl down into the worm hole

@lotus710 after doing a fair amount of reading up on this, some would say research, I have a question…

I’m running 2 gallon pots, and with no till your suppose to leave the soil in the pot…well, I need to figure away to modify this.

I need to keep my soil, like I have been, in a 75 gallon container, and have been reusing my soil for the past year. I dump in back in, add a bit of compost, mix her up, and replant. I almost think I am doing notill…lol. But, I keep worms in there also, and just wondering if what I am doing is basically notill already? Outside the fact I use some nutes in flowering. Some miracle gro soil gets added in from soil clones sometimes. But, using Agway soil now. (-:

1 Like

No its not. Notill means you dont till at all. Taking the soil out of the pot is waaaaayyy beyond tilling. What you are doing is something called recycled living soil (RLS) If you were all organics it would be recycled organic living soil (ROLS). If you want to modify the leaving the soil in the pot you wont be doing notill. What you could do is take the 75 gallon container. Put the soil in a 65 gallon smart pot, other 10 in a 10gal smart pot, put some lights over the 65 gallon like say a custom diy cob led so it fits perfect, throw down cover crop. Some mulch. And plant away:) the bigger the notill pot the better. The 10gal is a worm bin. Or use it to plant some aloe vera in. Notill uses mulch and topdressing. instead of mixing in compost the compost is made right in the pot:)

Also we could change the name to NoTill…questions? And make this a q&a thread.

2 Likes

65 gallon smartpot indoors, holy mackeral, is this the size you are using indoor no-till? I am guessing that in a pot that size you are growing quite a few plants, with a short veg period? Or do you have a 20 foot ceiling? LOL Do you have a no-till post of your set-up here? I’ve been growing rols style for a few years now but I am interested (but apprehensive) in no-till. I have previously just taken the rootball out of 7 gal pots and replanted a new girl in the hole without removing any soil. Worked well, and went 3 cycles that way. I stopped because of salt buildup from 250 ppm well water. I should give it a go as I now use rainwater, with the occasional well water for calcium, when I think they need it.

Nah i dont run a 65 gal inside. Only because i plan on moving someday in the next 5-10 years. Fuxk digging up a 100gal potXD Ill be running a 100gal inside in my permenant home though. For now im doing 5 gals so i can pheno hunt and move plants easier. I plan to do 20-25 gal here. I have a 25gal notill all setup and has went through two cycles. Its just sitting off to the side. Planted some clover, fenugreek, alfalfa, peppermint, lemon balm, and holy basil in it. Along with some lentil and mung beans. Just to keep her chillin ill leave plants growing in it and i can chop and drop the mulch like mowing my lawn or collect it, ferment it, and put the ferment and plant material back into the pot.

1 Like

How do i step into the rabbit hole when i am always so deep peering out?

1 Like