Nutrient recommendations/help/advice

Hey everybody, what nutrients would you recommend for a beginner? I have even recommended nectar of the gods, and I see there are a lot of options available. It can feel a little overwhelming at times.

I’m looking for something with simple instructions or something that is easy to work with since it will be my first time growing.

I will be growing outdoors in pots in my backyard, using happy frog soil. I have seeds for blue dream autoflowers. Please, any and all advice and info will be much appreciated

5 Likes

I been using the biobizz line for years now, I use the grow, bloom and topmax, the other product are good too, but I feel they act as a buffer. It’s all organic.

1 Like

Try osmocote 14/14/14 all you have to do with that is use it like a top dressing before it rains and you can almost watch them grow then when you have flowers appearing mic up some emerald harvest and watervtgem like. 3 times a week at half strength them build up to full strength till the last week or so and let mother nature take care of the rest until chopity chop time

Osmocote can be got pretty cheap on amazon

Hope this might help

Peace and stay safe

Been using these since 2005 and have been satisfied with its results…I use it for hydro & soil…Available at Amazon for $39 bromigos.

Technaflora BC Nutrients

9 Likes

Lucky for you.

1 Like

What’re your thoughts or experience using advanced nutrients?

1 Like

11 Likes

:wink:…tell you the truth I use foxfarm nutrients,… I believe the same brand as your soil if I read right. I am currently and have been using the dirty dozen line. It has a schedule for soil, hydro etc. And a measurement spoon set. You really can’t go wrong with it. Gives great results.

1 Like

I’ve been using AN 3-part for 20 years. I bought gal jugs about 5 years ago and just now noticed that the N-P-K ratios have changed but I’ve been using it just like the older stuff that has the same ratios as the Jungle Juice and the GH 3-part. This may explain some of the problems I’ve seen in flowering especially when I switch to Lucas Formula feeding after the stretch. I have 1L bottles of the older pre-pH Perfect 3-part and dug them out to check.

Old AN, JJ and GH are Grow - 2-1-6, Micro - 5-0-1, Bloom - 2-5-4

This 5 yo AN 3-part is Grow - 1-0-4, Micro - 2-0-0, Bloom - 1-3-4

Totally throws thing off to what I had become so accustomed to. I’m going to have to sit down and reformulate some of my mixes to be feeding each nute at the same ratios I was before. Much more diluted now too. With less than half the N as before it throws the Lucas feeding way off. No wonder the old leaves yellow out so fast and early.

I also have some REMO nutes from winning a 7 - 250ml bottle kit in a raffle at a hydro store I deal with and their ratios are different again.

G - 2-3-5
M - 3-0-1
B - 1-4-7

Flip a coin I guess or dust off the math books and nail it down.

:peace:

3 Likes

I would stick with a 3-part line up if youre looking for simple and easy. Advanced Nutrients, Dyna-Gro, and General Hydroponics are 3 companies id recommend to start off with as they all have a simple formula to follow. Dyna-Gro probably being the simplest as you can just use their Foliage Pro for your veg nutrients, and the Bloom for your flower nutrient and that should be all you need.

4 Likes

I’ve used AN micro grow bloom.
You can grow with that stuff and the ph perfect is a bonus.
I’m trying Jack’s 321 now. It’s working so far.

1 Like

I definitely recommend going organic to anybody. A good water only soil(like Sohum, Great Lakes, M3 or many others) will take most strains easily into flower, so then a little top dress once or twice in flower of a couple things and you’re good to go. If you’re set on using a nute line up as others said I’d recommend a simple 3 part formula. I used to use VitaGrow, it’s a 3 part powdered formula and I loved it when I was growing with synthetics. Best of luck in the new adventure, take notes and have fun​:v::seedling::green_heart:
Edit to say: BTW VitaGrow is uber cheap too, that was another thing about it that appealed to me

3 Likes

for a beginner i would recommend Remo only 7 bottles total get the supercharged kit all 7 are liters for around $100
Highly chelated pharma grade and no animal products

I would never use full strength starting out with any nute, I burned plants with Biobizz at full strength thinking its organic and wont burn, when i called them they said yeah it happens

1 Like