Nutrients every second feeding or once a week when watering daily

Hey guys, I have reached the point where I’m having to water my outdoor beauties every day. I am using fox farm big bloom and tiger bloom at this point. My question is, if the instructions state to apply nutrients every second watering or once a week, which of the two do I follow? Do I now use every second day which is every second watering or do I go once a week? Looking for a second opinion where my mentor suggests I should stick to once a week, I would like that since the costs are piling up with a quart of each being used every 2 weeks.

7 Likes

Yeah, once a week is probably fine. Water is most important to keep consistent. Over feeding leads to more problems than it’s worth. Are you in pots or the ground? If the ground, most definitely don’t over feed. Most things are already in there, depending on your location.

If it’s in a pot, and it’s still in veg (doubtful because most are going into flower now because of less sun hours), you might feed it twice a week if you are having to water a lot, like I have to, say twice a day.

Best vibes!

5 Likes

Well… Hybrid lol. I have them in 5 gallon pales, but once they were root bound, I broke the bottoms out and exposed the earth under them with the hoped that roots would expand into the ground as well. Other than one that is in a 10 gallon cloth pot

1 Like

20 Likes

I’d say twice a week since they are in containers Those look beautiful btw

10 Likes

Yeah, they are definitely large enough to take it twice. It’ll be hard to over feed those at this point. And, once they start to show the very first sign of flower is a good time to give them once last good charge of nitrogen as the plants are using extra energy to build new bud sites. The extra N will get them through that phase and you can start tapering off of the N after that.

They look awesome. You’re doing it right. It looks like they get enough water. From the pic it looks like a wetter climate than here, just from your trees and shrubs. The plants look sort of light colored green but that could be the extra water.

The leaves are all standing up tall and that’s the sign of a happy plant. Best vibes on the finish. It’s fun to grow them that large! peace

8 Likes

Jacks 1/4 tsp/ gal every watering

6 Likes

Your grow is doing great and everyone has another way that being said . I would have a friendly contest every season with a dear friend . He used Fox Farm nutrients we both bought our clones or seed from the same place . We would grow the same strains same basic method except bag size and product . I won hands down on size and weight every season quality of smoke was equal depending on who did the testing lol . I use a granular Kelp derived 16 - 16 - 16 with micro nutrients start to finish . 1 tsp to a gal water for starts so feeding every watering . I keep increasing as size dictates I’m now using 2 tab spoons to about 30 gals water each plant every third watering . I think the Fox Farm is around $56 dollars a gallon my favorite Grow More is $70 dollars for twenty five pounds which makes a lot of juice . I have 400 hundred 300 - 200 and 150 gal bags. same dose .

7 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. I’ve been getting the fox farm at $50 or so a quart from Amazon and going through a quart of each every 2 weeks. that’s killing me. I wish I could get the fox farm that cheap! I think I’m going to try the twice a week because it was getting too expensive to go every second water. I was also advised by my buddy to try advanced nutrients. That or the grow more might be easier to get in bulk here in Canada.

1 Like

A 25 lb bag of grow more would last you a whole season happy growing .

3 Likes

You realize that stuff is more than likely a fortified compost tea reduced down with added ingredients and stabilized for shelf … go find a leaf pile grab some goodies and throw it in water whola! Fraction of the price!

4 Likes

Keep those girls happy their looking damn fine bro!

2 Likes

Those look hungry to be honest…especially since flowering is beginning in earnest. I’d suggest upping the feed levels. Don’t be shy with the bloom boosters, unless it’s super hot weather. To answer your question, a constant, small feed every day is better than one big feed once a week. Stability is a virtue.

6 Likes

Hey @vernal. I’ve been feeding every day. Just get a tiny bit of runoff if any. Are you saying it’s not necessary to substitute plain water once in a while? Thanks man…

:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Oh Dude, forgot to tell you Advanced Nutrient brand is probably more than double the price of Fox Farms. That shit is expensive!!!

Thanks a lot brother! Loving the feedback once again. For sure it is more expensive in some ways but I can also get it reliably in bulk from the manufacturer as opposed to fox farm which is a real pain to find here in large quantities so I’m stuck buying little bottles to my financial detriment. Expensive advanced nutrients in bulk is still cheaper than semi expensive fox farm in small quantities paying crack prices per volume is where we were going there and if it’s better, that’s just another plus.

2 Likes

Next year you may consider just skipping the pots, amend the dirt right there and put them directly in the ground. Then all you have to do is water them at a fraction of the cost. Cheers! To a good Harvest!!

5 Likes

It is not necessary to feed plain water if your feeds are on the lighter side. I literally never feed plain water. Some people call it fertigation. I don’t flush plants either. I don’t do wet/dry cycles I just try to maintain constant moisture. I used to water til runoff, but I stopped doing that too and by god the plants look exactly the same.

5 Likes

I like the way you think brother. Thanks for that…
The Goat X Scott’s OG are looking vigorous and green. Have a spectacular day my friend…

:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I feel like growing is more unlearning bullshit than learning new shit, ya dig?

I have 2 female Golden Goat x Scott’s OG gals vegging now! Gonna be 3 months before they hit flower though, unfortunately…

1 Like