Nutrients for seedlings, mother plants and clones (rockwool)

Before get started I need to know some last things.

My first grow I will start from seedlings (lack of mother plants/clones).

I will do rockwool. (first in heated humidity dome then transfer into ebb and flow tables)

I need to know if I should water the seedling rockwool cubes with some fertilizer? I read contradicting stuff so far. Some say to do it and some not. What can you recommend? (I am using rockwool from cultilene, which doesn’t need to be PH adjusted).

Also I wanted to know if you can give me some product recommendations for clones which I will do later (fertilizer needed? also recommendation for rooting product?).

Same thing for veg phase. I am not sure yet, how long I need to do veg phase with seedlings. But do you know a good fertilizer for veg phase and a good fertilizer for mother plants. Is veg phase and mother plant fertilizer the same?

Thanks guys :wink:

Nope.

The cotyledons will feed the sprouts for a few weeks.

I just use my normal fertilizer just at a low dose. Maybe 1/8 or 1/16 the strength. But I grow in organic soil. I like K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid) method lol

2 Likes

Totally with you dude.

I still mess this up, lol.

Yeah, keep it very simple until they get their legs under them. Then they get hungry. If you build your soil right, they will take what they need when they need it.

We’ll be watchin.

4 Likes

Ok. I am using RO water. Will that mess somehow with the seedlings? Maybe they take some nutrients normally from the water?

1 Like

RO comes highly recommended by some respected growers. I am not using RO so I can’t offer much help.

I find that once you have your pH straightened out, the plants tend to thrive in good soil.

2 Likes

if you have a mineralizer post filters , r/o is ok as that, if not it will lack some elements…
ds

1 Like

No mineralizer. Actually a mineralizer would be a problem then later for dosing fertilizer for flowering plants??? :wink:

But I can get also non R/O water. But i did read that you need to let it air out some chloride? Actually I am not sure if that stuff is in the water here… Need to investigate about that.

A mineralizer is needed especially if you do drink it. Pure r/o water is gonna suck minerals off the cell membranes to equilibrate .
The small amount of minerals in remineralized r/o water is ok for plants.
Ds

1 Like