Nutrients on a budget?

Look up geoflora sample pack 4 lbs each for veg and bloom all organis only 12.99 that is covers shipping

4 Likes

Megacrop and Jackā€™s seem to be the favorites. Iā€™m having great results with just maxibloom (lucas formula) and silica.
Maxibloom $22 for a bag thatā€™ll last you forever and silica $13 will also last a long time. And whatever you use for ph up and downā€¦but thatā€™s as cheap as it gets. My 2 pennies.

5 Likes

Donā€™t do this. Measure your own by your own . Nothing wrong with wanting your plants to be better. However remember that growing plants is a personal relationship and journey with your plants.

3 Likes

Iā€™m a maxibloom fan myself. I think some of it depends on your water too. For me the maxi is rock solid pH but the megacrop gives me wild pH swings. Cheap and lasts forever too. I do add calMag though but it wasnā€™t necessary at my old place with the water there.

5 Likes

Iā€™m thinking of giving MaxiBloom a go. The price is right and itā€™s not a bunch of water in a bottle. Just for bloom though, for veg phase I will still use MC or something else I have on hand.

4 Likes

I been using Megacrop as well and so far so good :thumbsup: Very cost effective.

If I were in USA Iā€™d give Jacks 321 a try as well.

1 Like

I needed for veg and bloom plus a fertilizer. So I ended up getting the fox farm. When I can get some cash together. I will try that. I know itā€™s a lot better but right now - I can just use what I can afford.

2 Likes

Yeah, my ph stays pretty stable. If I dont check it for a few days, it may drift from 6 to 6.5 or 6 to 5.5 and adjust ppms accordingly. Iā€™ve only done a complete res change twice in my current grow. Never used calmag, city water has enough in it here I suppose.
@TrevorLahey you should give the maxibloom a try. Itā€™s nice and cheap, as well as effective. Used to spend hours screwing around with garbage cans full of water adding this and that and this. It is hard to dissolve. But everyone finds a way to make it work.
Save money on nutes to buy more smokes and boozeā€¦amirite?

4 Likes

I have 2.2lbs of MaxiBloom on the way!

Might still pick up some sort of cal/mg though ā€œjust in caseā€

5 Likes

This round Iā€™m just finishing up, was my first time using maxibloom and silica. Not sure if it was the genetics or the silica that stiffened and strengthened everything upā€¦but the maxibloom and silica is my new favorite combo

4 Likes

How much do you pay for it? Do they sell sample bags?

1 Like

My understanding Canada is now supposed to be selling Jacks ! Eddies wholesale in ont and BC supply it to several retailers just gotta get them to order it from eddies if they havenā€™t heard of it yet!

3 Likes

Here in canada, about $22 for a bagā€¦itā€™s water soluble and very concentrated. If youā€™re familiar with the Lucas formula, this is it, in a bag.

3 Likes

Iā€™m in the states. I will have to look into it. Thanks for the tip!

2 Likes

doesnt get much cheaper than jacks

6 Likes

im ignorant on this entire subject, but ive heard multiple times fox farms is good but charges way to much. so i think there good but you have to understand your also paying for the brand name. if you want to save money i would go to your nearest home depot and check what they have

1 Like

Likewise. I do have it and it seems to work well. Iā€™m using that with cal mag. But Iā€™m going to switch to maxibloom- a few people said that itā€™s better.

2 Likes

I was not very keen on Mega Crop for my specific application.
I grow in soilless mix, mostly outdoors in small containers.
Jackā€™s is my preferred line of nutrients.
However, another ā€œbudgetā€ nutrient line to consider is Dyna-Gro. I liked their Foliage-Pro, which worked very well for my application.
If I could not get Jackā€™s I would go with Dyna-Gro, although it is a liquid.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve guided a couple grows using maxigro into maxibloom and they did just fine as a ā€œsingleā€ solution.

I will still add another vote for Jackā€™s 321, itā€™s the ultimate in cheapass nutrients.

The 5-12-26 base nutrient is ~$60 for a 25 pound bag, using 3.6g per gallon of nutrients equates to around 3200 gallons in that bag :laughing:

6 Likes

I wanted to change up my flower nutes this run. $$ was not really an issue, but cheaper is always better, assuming it works well! After digging around, I too am going Jackā€™s, saw nothing better and using 2 parts of it allows me to make the NPK #'s I want.

Hope it works well, pretty sure from posts here it will.

1 Like