Octopot Grow System

Thanks @Phouka , reckon this is the final nail in my coffin. 6 pack of autofill 3 gals coming up :call_me_hand: Love buying new tools

2 Likes

FYI code “LG420” was good for 10% through octopot direct!

1 Like

Knock knock me again with more questions - I’m going with promix and adding myco, I’ve got ~3/4 gallon each of fox farms 3 part lineup (soil not hydro on grow big) does anyone have experience with this in octopots? I have seen the “solutions” separate in the bottles so I’m concerned about sludge and bacteria growth in the reservoir. I can use it up in my vegetable garden if my concerns can be confirmed. Otherwise looking intently at Jacks 321 or GH 3 part. + cal mag, are either of these complete or should I be looking into additional macro nutrients?

2 Likes

Why go with organic in the reservoir
I feel your looking for trouble

Jacks for the win

7 Likes

Thanks for confirming my concerns. Asking questions to avoid trouble, really appreciate all the input!

2 Likes

My current 2x4 Octopot grow is in week 4 of Flower.
Check it out!

Seedling from day sprouted in Octopot 18 days total.
Vegetation from day 19 on… for total of 28 Days of Vegetation.
47 days total. From day of sprout to day of flip to Flower. Theyre huge, and I fully expect harvest in excess of 16oz after dry/cure.

I only use the 6 Gallon res in both my Grows. During heavy flower, I go through 1-1.5 gallons per day. If I fill just past the final (3rd) float marker, Im filling again within 3 days.

Using Athena Blended nutes. I know many here swear by Jacks, but I’ve had great success with Athena in my limited grows. On my 3rd and 4th grows right now.

Octopots very easy compared to conventional watering, etc…

4 Likes

Thinking out loud here, probably a dumb question but I’ve always thought asking dumb questions is better than doing dumb things… What’s the take on transplanting into octopots? I was going to put recently rooted clones into the octopot tent but I think I would rather put the clone donors that have been in 1 gallon pots with FFOF for a month into that tent. I suspect the soil to be nearly depleted of nutrients. Anything I should be wary of? Octosleeves are already packed with sunshine #4.

5 Likes

Shouldn’t be an issue other than it could take a bit longer for the roots to find the res. That was an issue I had doing the similar thing.

6 Likes

I do that every now and then root prune before transplanting
I’ve had them hit the res in 10 to 12 days

6 Likes

If all goes well, I’ll be transplanting into these octopots this weekend. Want to give some stressed out under fed and over watered plants a chance to recoup first. I may even take one of the three out but I’m planning on a quick flip, and I don’t mind a jungle or an I “told you so!”

Before I flip I think I’ll put the exhaust fan on the outside, set the filter on the floor behind the sleeves, and draw out through the bottom to gain some head space. Then add the extra recirc fan at the top blowing down.

Autofill system hooked up. Had to slice the tent I wasn’t to keen on, but I’ll tape it up later. Leak test turned up positive on the reservoir, addressed, drained & filled with 12 gallons of 1/3 strength 3-2-1. Painfully slow to fill the reservoirs initially. Need to level the pots off a bit and this tents ready to plant, wether it’s these blueberry gum clones or the mothers if they perk up in time.

Thanks to everyone for answering all my questions getting these new digs off the ground!

9 Likes

Gotta say that is one thing the tent manufacturers really drop the ball… a small low entry/exit for tubing to fill pots.
The large side one should work though, because it’s a gravity fed system so long as the reservoir is above the tubing… it will flow.

4 Likes

Kinda yeah, but thats at drip-tray level. So I doubt that will change. But I agree.
Use patch kit to reinforce, and its all good. :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Is the octopot system compatible with reg seeds? Does anyone transplant from the 3s to the 6s once sex is determined or is it better to just run clones / fems?

2 Likes

I run clones in n mine mostly

I’ve transplanted mature plants into the 6 gallon bags from 1/2 gallon pots

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure the 3 gallon octo have the same 6 gal grow sleeve as the 6 gallon octo the only difference is the res size. I don’t think it would change much going from the 3 gal to the 6 gal just less filling the res.

2 Likes

At one time when they first came out the 3 gallon Octopot came with. 3 gallon bag

And the six gallons only came with the big Octopot

1 Like

I’ve heard they use to have a xl grow sleeve also bigger than the 6 gal.

1 Like

They have a 12 gallon bag also

1 Like

Holy shit you could grow a real monster in that.

1 Like

It was actually meant for trees lol

If I could grow outside i would have used them
It would be huge as f

1 Like