Off schedule flowering

Howdy fellow growers! Most of you outdoor growers are probably planning for the new year and prepping the soil with compost, deciding what strain to go with, all the stuff you pros probably do this time. I on the other hand am about 2 months into flower stage! I planted a couple seeds back in October-November ish, I got one female and let her do her thing. It only freezes a couple days of the year in the Deep South so I brought her inside on those days. This is my first plant that’s budded this far So I’m not very keen to the knowledge of what to look for. When do the buds start hitting the end? When the hairs turn 50% red it’s pick time I remember that, but how long do these plants bud for? Being the days are getting longer and it’s getting warmer will this change how this plant buds? Will it just keep budding? Switch back to vegetative growth? Anyone else have an off schedule grow like this? I’d love to hear your stories and recommendations with this cute little plant I got here. Thanks y’all!:upside_down_face:

12 Likes

It’s just bag seed from someone so nothing special, I’m using Part bag soil mixed with compost, rabbit poop and chicken poop(VERY little chicken poo). Using full strength tiger bloom big buds for flowering. Can I trim any leaves off of it to increase bud production? I’ve read it’s important to leave the fan leaves on but it’s been years and I’ve seen lots of grows on here where fan leaves are removed at this stage.

Seeds need a minimum of 6 weeks (more is better, wait until you see a couple drop).

Going by those photos, you have a ways to go, she is throwing fresh pistils by the bucket full. I’d guess 2+ weeks soonest.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply! It’s not very crystally. It is bag seed so maybe just a low quality plant? Do I need to do anything to try to make better buds? I fertilized it a week ago with tiger bloom. Any other tricks? When do I flush it? Here’s a recent pic. It’s growing good though! I plucked off some of the bigger fan leaves

2 Likes

I’d suggest to remove a few of those lower fans in order to let some of those bud sites see the light.
Also, I’d suggest water only for the last few weeks
You are doing just fine, keep an eye on the pH of your water and ease off the nutriments to 1/2 recommended strength, 1/4 even.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

I think my plant just went hermie on me, is this the male flowers here? Or just some weird random growth?

1 Like

That’s weird no matter which way it’s leaning.

But the last photo I’d say no.
It won’t hurt if you clip them… Matthew 5:29 if you like. :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Thanks for all your reply’s human friend you are awesome!

2 Likes

For sure throwing some nanners, could have no effect as sometimes they are sterile. Like gpaw said just pluck them off and get he/r to the finish line! :smile:

2 Likes

:joy::rofl:himshe :rofl::joy: hey I’m accepting of what ALL weed plants identify as! I’m inclusive​:grinning::grinning::grinning:

2 Likes
  • She has plenty of light
1 Like

So that’s what triggered the male flowers? The days have gotten longer as spring arrives. Well it was a great growing experience and am looking forward to the next! These plants are so fascinating

Well I’m out of seeds so I wouldn’t mind getting some from this. I yet to try ordering seeds online. It’s just scary to me. But boy oh boy I’m ready to grow some good solid strains instead of reggies

It looks like it’s trying to reveg with days getting longer.

2 Likes