🖼 Picture of the year contest, Free entry, hundreds of seeds for winners

Great idea, fantastic contest, amazing prizes. I’ve used all my superlatives for the day. Thanks for all you do for our community @Heliosphear! :green_heart:

9 Likes

Neat idea.

5 Likes

excellent idea!!! glad you are limiting to 1 pic per person! this is gonna be a great show!

and @MoBilly is now my hero after watching your vid.

8 Likes

Thank you @Qtip @CannaPeace @CornbreadJunior
Going to edit the opening tomorrow, I’m hoping to add seed supporter donations to the contest making it even more interesting.

5 Likes

Tentatively awaiting the artwork! :heart:

13 Likes

My submission, painting I did few years back and hangs in my living room. My partner calls it the pineapple slice :rofl:. I am born and raised in Canada and am a medical cannabis grower for the past 4 years. I am a 47 year old first time dad to an amazing 20 month old and spending time with her and my partner is my number one interest. When I get time I enjoy painting, gardening, home renos and travelling. Oh and Overgrow…you are all like my second family!

Edit: Added links to my current grows as requested by OP in initial post.

41 Likes

Thank you Cornbread! But I’m sure, now, that Heliosphere can make anyone look good!
:pray::v::cowboy_hat_face:

8 Likes

Thank you @Qtip as the first contestant to enter, I will be using yours and the next 9 OG’s who enter their picture as promotion for this contest in a video release.

Off to work, ya’ll be good to yourself.

18 Likes

Well I am no artist so I will just toss up this pic of me starting my evening fire :rofl: I came to OG as I found it to be a community full of amazing individuals. Where I could be me and not worry about judgement. I am a husband, father of 2 grown kids and medical cannabis grower born and raised in Canada. I love archery, shooting, fishing, growing and being with my wife. Nothing makes me happier than being outdoors in the woods surrounded by nature. I love to practice privative survival skills, hence the picture showing me making the evening fire using a hand drill. Want to know more, feel free to ask, I am easy to find here on OG.

37 Likes

Figured I might as well enter with some art I did to in memoriam for my uncle who passed away well before his time due to cancer.

Wanted to add something more about me. I am from Toronto originally, but moved out east to go to school when I was 17, and have been here ever since! Love the ocean, and love the maritime hospitality. I am married with a daughter arriving on boxing day! In the time I am not on here, I love freight trains and dabble in vandalism/art (less so now than when I was younger). Anyways, hope you enjoy, and also I have a vast collection of 35mm photos that I have taken and continue to take, if there is ever any interest, I can certainly post some more!

33 Likes

Thank you for sharing @sprinklememaynee

Beginning of thread edited, MODs please global pin this thread.

2 Likes

The hunt by Claude Monet, done with pastel

Call out to @zephyr @misterbee @Instg8ter @Oldtimerunderground @ReikoX @DougDawson @G-paS you all are great!!!
I did this pastel work in the 8th grade, it was my art project on the side when I would finish up in art class. Took me the better part of a year using mostly pointalism with pastels as well as I could. I’ve kept it in a folder and now it’s in a frame. It’s one of my favorites I’ve done, another would be a pencil drawing of Eschers Three worlds.

29 Likes

I am going to throw this one into the hat for consideration.

uploads-6

Edit, looks like I need to add some info.

I have been painting 35 years on and off. I see lots of great pictures in the Show your buds thread. I like to challenge myself artistically, so thought I would give painting a cannabis plant a go.

It was a buddies 60th birthday and he is the heaviest cannabis user I know, and his favorite strain is Purple Haze, so I painted this pic for his birthday.

56 Likes

@Shadey was it you who made the cannabis trading cards? Beautiful work.

4 Likes

I know @CADMAN made trading cards.

6 Likes

No I didn’t, don’t think I have seen them either. I will keep my peepers open for them :dizzy_face:

4 Likes

That sure is one beautiful painting. I need some tasteful bud art in my life!

5 Likes

Cheers man, I have another plant pic in the, cannabis inspired arts, thread, and lots in my, a shadey spot to paint thread if you want to check them out and see my progression shots of some of my other stuff :wink:

8 Likes

Here are the ones he made for me @Shadey , they are pretty cool.

Uploading: Screenshot_20210908-194316_Samsung Notes.jpg…

23 Likes

I like those, they are very good :+1:

4 Likes