Okie Trae's Garage Grow round 3 - CMH Edition

Get a product with spinosad like Captain Jack’s Dead Bug Brew or Monterey Garden Spray. Use as directed and it should take care of your thrips issue.
fuck-a-thrips

3 Likes

never seen thrips until these clones… buddy told me he had some ipm nute burn on them, but no pests… i didnt even need a loupe or scope to see them wiggling… gave em a bath of dr zymes last nite, and have been spraying frequently. also hit them with some water with hydrogen peroxide, and gave the soil a soak. keeping them quarantined. may just breed them and keep em seperated from the grow.

1 Like

Theips go through many life stages, some of them are in the soil and some of them are inside the plant. A systemic product like spinosad will set you right. I get them almost every summer during out “monsoon” season.

1 Like

will def have to pick up some spino… captain jacks is everywhere it seems.

1 Like

So my friend that gave me the clones is a little salty I threw them away. Thrip infestation was so bad, new larvae are hatching. After being soaked and sprayed and soaked and sprayed. His grow is a commercial op, and its fully infested now. Some people like to roll the dice, but with the 45 being of quality genetics, I won’t.

4 Likes

so easy to lose on that roll :frowning:

I got mites from a plant from my son I thought it was his so I took as he is Mister

Anal but it was not his he wanted to not drive around with in his car

after a week or two I saw Mites on and throw it out

too late after that fought mites for months until spring when they ran me out of

my grow room

A High Note have not work outside in years and it was great I had the most fun

growing I had in 20 years

but you made the right call :slight_smile:

all the best in your grows and stay safe

Dequilo

1 Like

Went ahead and cleaned the whole room and gave all the plants a spray of dr zymes and some spinosad as precaution. On a positive note, the baby’s are a growing nicely after the ph pen mishap.

4 Likes

WooHoo!!! baby pictures :slight_smile: and I love baby plants very nice

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

1 Like

Were getting some size to some of the babies. Banana mac, sins mac, vixen, sherb x go time are really taking odd. The new seedlings are picking up steam.

6 Likes

Looking Good they are chugging right along :slight_smile:

thank you for the look

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

1 Like

Thank you my friend. They are really starting to take off and hit their stride now. Just introduced grow nutrients. Half get cutting edge solutions, over half get botanicare. Wanted to do a side by side to see which direction I go for my next run.

that is truly the only way for you to be sure in your setup :slight_smile:

grow well and be safe

Dequilo

1 Like

Introduced botanicare and some monterrey b.t along with dr zymes for ipm.

Theyre loving the nutrients with some fish shit and azos from xtreme gardening.

3 Likes

I really hate thrips

Yeah pests are horrible man i just got mites at the last 2 weeks of flower from my last harvest… My wife brought in some outdoor decorative plants so they wouldnt die… Put them on the floor next to my flower tent🤦 noticed it the next day but it was too late and by the time i harvested them fucks made a nice lil spot in the back :triumph::rage: had to bleach everything and spray my mothers twice a week since its almost been a month. I think im clear at this point though… Good luck with the thrips i just use monterey spinosad spray to take care of em.

ive sprayed and drenched 3 days in a row and im still noticing them here and there. i put down stickys everywhere as well. now im spraying ever other day like the instructions say… I have some exile i can mix up and drench with but want to give the bt mont time to do its thing.

1 Like

Dont overdue it and stress you plants too much man

10 4. Thanks for the advice. I followed the bottle instructions. Will def cut back. My buddys grow must have a major infestation bc I have tons, and were only near the others for maybe 1 minute.

todays an off day for the bt. flipped a leaf on a bigger plant to find tons of thrips… went ahead and gave them a squish a light rub from a finger i dipped in my bt dilution. seems like the problems getting worse, rather than better. fml

or your environment is perfect for them to multiply :frowning: