Old school newbie looking for advice

Old School grower from the 80’s. Getting a start in the new age. Sure is different, amazing and a little bewildering. I hope I can get some advice here on occasion. :+1:

22 Likes

Welcome @purpleFX

You came to the right place! Members here are a gold mine of infos

4 Likes

Hey @purpleFX welcome and thanks for checking out the OG community and I hope that you have a great time with us all The Doc

3 Likes

Hey purpleFX, Welcome to Overgrow!!

Have a wander around through some threads, ask questions and use the search function :mag: to chase down interesting factoids. There a huge amount of info here and all manner of great folk to help out.
:+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Hello @purpleFX and welcome to the OG!

You have definitely come to the right place!

We have all kinds of good info available for you here. We even have some 1st time growers that decided to just go for it and start a Grow journal. The OG community is all about helping each other to succeed.

Here is to the good time to come on the OG… :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Welcome to OG @purpleFX
Plenty of smart people here with lots of advice to share.
Goodluck on your grows :v:

1 Like

Hi @purpleFX , welcome.

I am in the same boat as you, only I have a 6 month jump on you. Getting ready to do my 2nd harvest this weekend.

Anyway, man can I ever relate to you. I stopped in the 80s for my career, and picked it back up when my state went legal about 8 months ago. Did hyrdo back in the day, but damn how that has advanced. Never knew anything about principles like VPD or DLI until I came here Learned a mountain and then some here. Its a great place.

Cheers,
M

5 Likes

welcome I’m sure you will be fine` its like ridin a bike eh peace

Welcome back, and welcome to OG. What strains have you grown? And what strains are you looking at these days?

Man, you picked the right place. :man_farmer: :man_dancing: :rofl:

:+1: :crossed_fingers: welcome to OG :green_heart:

1 Like

I’ll say all over the map. Lol. Still trying to find my fav. I’ll say I’m just growing for personal use only. Hand out a little to friends. Lol

1 Like

First, I love the David Mann as your avatar!! Lots of things have changed. Jump around threads, see what looks interesting to you. There are a thousand ways that work well. Just have to find what suits you the best!

1 Like

a question. This is a link to my grow tent, I also have the vivosun vs2000 led light. My question is. Am I on the right track? I only grow for personal use. Thanks for the input. All appreciated. :+1:

1 Like

I have seen people talk about wanting to grow who have spent over 2 years researching lights without making a purchase. If you already have these items in your possession then I am of the opinion that you are definitely on the right track! This setup is a great starting point for your personal grow without over spending. Even if you were to start off growing vegetables, these tools will allow you to experiment, learn and grow solid plants. Now all you need to do is plant some seeds :slightly_smiling_face::v:

3 Likes

I would like to know if this is set up, do you get light leaks from one side to the other?

2 Likes

You can definitely grow some great weed in that tent! Mistakes will be made, equipment upgraded and lessons learned but u have to start somewhere, go for it! We got your back :smiley: :+1:

3 Likes

I would definitely think there would be light leaks

I do have a little light leak. But I don’t think it’s too serious. But I will address the issue. Thanks folks. :+1:

1 Like

Vs2000 looks like a quality light. Grow on my friend! What you popping in this new setup?

1 Like