OldTimer1 (OT1)

I haven’t seen it posted here. I just read on a forum that OT1 has passed away. The message was posted by a reliable source. Sad news.

30 Likes

RIP Oldtimer1 <3

12 Likes

I wish there was someway to access that old server that crashed and get ahold of all the internet articles Oldtimer1 one wrote.It would have made A great book he knew a lot and that knowledge will be sadly missed.That man was a well Experienced Grower none of this Fake Kyle Kushman Grow store advertising.He had access to some of the best genetics there ever was and knew them and thier backstories well.His Bonsai Mum tutorial on cloning and keeping small mothers that make hundreds of cuts is my staple method I use to this day and I won’t go back.My root success went up to 94 percent using his methods.Rest easy Oldtimer1 go get you some fish .Say hi to Dad for me.

42 Likes

I’ve seen a bunch of posts about this news today on Instagram. Seems to be a prominent figure in the cannabis community, may he Rest In Peace.

Can you tell me a little more about him?

Thanks

11 Likes

I think he may have been the guy behind Ugorg seeds, before @vrg maybe? Big in the UK, I wonder if Ugorg is ever going to restock their website? Sad news, RIP.

7 Likes

I remember reading he wasn’t in the greatest health not too long ago. Sad he had to go. Thank you Oldtimer1 for everything you’ve given us all through your life :pray: May you rest and be at peace.

Here’s a good link with some info

19 Likes

Sad news… may he Rest In Peace

5 Likes

Only heard of him… and have used his bonsai mom tutorial as well. Seemed that he was larger than life as many spoke highly of him. RIP Oldtimer1.

7 Likes

Sad news indeed. I never knew his full story either before that great read that @Oldtimerunderground linked. That is gonna be bookmarked for sure. Lots of links. It’s the first time I put his story all together.

RIP brother. Thank you for blazing the trail (pun intended) ahead of us, and for providing a lifetime of experience for us all. :cry: :peace_symbol:

6 Likes

Damn… What a legend. We lost a good one today :cry:

6 Likes

Very sad news. I don’t remember if I ever interacted with him on OG 1.0 but I followed his bonsai mom tutorial to a T, and I still do for the most part, just smaller containers than he recommended.

6 Likes

:pray::pray: Rest highly in peace OT1 :seedling:

5 Likes

Rest In Peace OT1 :fist_right::fist_left:

5 Likes

R.I.P Oldrimer1 such sad news and no it’s not a rumour

6 Likes

That is one of the coolest pictures I’ve ever seen lol. Tattoo worthy maybe?

So many legends passing away… rip bog, josey, Tom.

The backbones of so much of today’s cannabis culture. We need to preserve their work as much as possible… and with integrity to their names.

5 Likes

Oh no just heard of this. That really really sad news. Is this 100% true ?

2 Likes

CARE-giver when you say tom are you refering to mr hill cus im sure he is still about. I spoke to him a few months back online. Forgive me if Im thinking of the completely wrong tom.

I thought I had heard he passed away also. But no I’m not 100% sure now that you say this.

Maybe I’m confusing it with him being banned on a forum. Forgive my memory :sweat_smile:

Edit: yes it does seem he has passed away. There’s been so many in just the last few years :pensive:

2 Likes

He has passed away 100% on that fact. Saturday evening . It’s sad he did have a stroke late last year .

4 Likes

Rest in peace OldTimer1.

4 Likes