Oleskool’s shitkicker grow show

Hey 'skool…you still Austin area. Im in H town, be cool to have a “local” bud!!!

BTW, I am older than either you or Mr. G…:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Ok, you read it…

2 Likes

Hey my brother @Jetdro! I’m in the Hill Country about 90 miles from Austin now. I grew up in Htown though! Hell yeah it would be great to have an OG Brother close enough to possibly meet in person! If you ever get up to the Hill Country hit me up! I’ll pm you some contact info. All love and respect bro!

:cowboy_hat_face:

Ps. If you’re that old you might remember ZigZag wheat straw rolling papers.

14 Likes

Pretty sure my kids generation would not understand what a local call is, lol.

8 Likes

Of course…I still to this day only use Zig Zag papers…lol…

COOL, same thing goes here. Get near Houston(Spring) hit me up.

I do go to the hill country all the time, but NOT when it’s getting this freaking hot.

We could meet for a “Tube Run” in Braunfels if you enjoy that…one of my favorite things to do!!!

4 Likes

sounds cool…would be fun to explore the caves

5 Likes

Hell yeah bro. We also tube the Frio River near Concan. Little less crowded, not so many damn Millennials! Lol

6 Likes

You should make your way south someday and join us! @Muleskinner! How cool would that be!

6 Likes

16 Likes

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2019/05/21/us/ap-us-human-compost.html

6 Likes

Copper Chem anyone?

15 Likes

I’m still laughing and smiling. heh. It’s pretty amazing, those days… I wish more movies were made about it… like realistic.

Hey bro, and Jet Dro, I still have things in the Midland/Odessa area and some family. I also go down for occasional work, too.

I’d love to hit you guys up sometime when it’s right. If I can get down that far, maybe we can get jet to drive out.

Man, I wish I could go back to Big Bend Natl Park. What a freaking cool and unusual place. Terlingua, Chisos Basin… I never got to go to the other side where you can boat, ride a mule, or wade across the Rio Grande to Boquillas, Mexico to eat lunch and suck down some Cerveza. Fucking cool ass place… but, you better bring water!

peace bro

7 Likes

Ate me some good peyote buttons in Big Ben National Park. That place is like another planet! Or at least it did that day! The Chili Cookoff Championship is cool too. Good times indeed.
Viva Hornitos!

9 Likes

I saw that the other day… at first I was, huh?.. then I thought, right on. I’ve heard of natural burials that decompose naturally and quickly. Makes all the sense in the world to reduce carbon footprint.

4 Likes

Looks good enough to smoke!!

peace

3 Likes

this is a legendary astronomy event, I’d love to go, some of the darkest skies in the US

https://texasstarparty.org

6 Likes

I always wanted to go to that. I drove by there on my way to Marfa and then Big Bend and Terlingua. McDonalds Observatory, I think… It’s very rural there and the area towns also participate in reducing light pollution.

We have those near here during astral events but it’s not an observatory like that. It’s on top of a small volcanic cone with a parking area in northern New Mexico called Capulin Monument, or I go about a mile up the road to the state park lake and it’s pretty damn dark there, too. heh. It’s been a while since I saw the milky way like I see it now.

Are you in Texas too, bro?

peace

6 Likes

I’m about as far from Texas as you can get here in the Peoples’ Social Communist Republic of Massachusetts! :smiley: I think TSP is associated with McDonald Observatory, I checked a map, looks like it’s near the highest mountain in TX which is pretty cool.

The only time I’ve been in Texas was a couple business trips to Lubbock, I remember both times it was windy and the small plane coming in hit bad turbulence, people were using the barf bags. Lubbock seemed like a fun college town, it did not have the brutal humidity of Dallas either.

btw that composting service isn’t a burial - your friends/loved ones get a bag of your compost back a few months later. reminds me of the movie “How High” :smile:

7 Likes

Compost Girl…Awesome…

K.

2 Likes

Hey all… I have an abundance of spider webs in the Shitkicker Shed this year. I have to sweep them away as I enter the shed. Large concentrations of webs in the rafters etc. Are spiders good? There are a few fungus gnats and random moths that have been captured in the webs. I don’t know if these spiders are good or bad. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanx!

6 Likes