OMG I guess I am growing pot now--15 year old mystery seeds

So what started as kind of a joke is becoming a grow. I found a pill bottle stuffed to the brim with seeds I had from 1999-2003ish when I moved over a year ago. Now that OK is a medical state I figured I would see if they germinate. And they are…So for now I guess I will cart them in and outdoors for a while since I have nothing setup yet. Was planning on doing a 12 /12 grow anyway. I guess this kinda seals the deal. Check out the babies!!!

29 Likes

Looks like the beginning of a beautiful horticultural experience.

Tell us all the details and we’ll follow along.

6 Likes

Wow 15+ year seeds grabbing the popcorn :popcorn: and pulling up a chair for this one! Don’t believe we’ve met? Welcome to OG glad to have ya here! Any questions just ask away! A lot of knowledgeable peeps here!

7 Likes

Thanks. I am a long time lurker… Trying to start a lighting sales and service company here in OK to serve the new medical community. Haven’t grown pot in almost 15 yrs now. Was out in Cali for a minute in the earrrly days of legalization but that didn’t work out so back to home I went. Had a kid etc…yadayada… Still in the process of convincing the fiance to let me grow in the house. This may be a bigger hurdle than remembering how to grow!!!

12 Likes

That’s funny same situation here in CO the wife doesn’t mind but shortly after the flip the aromas start coming out and I’m always getting the constant reminder " man those are stinking up the house" I let her know it’s aroma therapy for everyone! Lol

5 Likes

A 3rd one… Damn these seeds were begging to grow

6 Likes

This is totally gonna be a blast!!!

4 Likes

Always is for me too.

:thumbsup:

2 Likes

Lol me and my wife emigrated from Cali as well… So-Cal (high desert)… with Oklahoma, there’s a lot of ambient humidity, so keep an eye on it

1 Like

:popcorn:

2 Likes

Good luck with your garden! Very exciting stuff in Oklahoma, I think the law allows you to grow and possess as much as you want. If you register as a patient.

you can grow indoor without any odor if you buy a grow tent, exhaust fan, and carbon filter. And grow light. It costs a lot of money to get started, but you can produce a ton of herb in a 4X4 tent and it’s really fun

3 Likes

Do you have any kind of charcoal filter? I’m a week or two away from the flip and my wife’s nose is pretty sensitive! I’ve got a Pfresh filter running. I hope it performs or this might be my last indoor grow!

3 Likes

Phresh filters are good, mine could stand to be replaced after about two years of constant use.

2 Likes

I don’t even have room for a tent and haven’t been able to go that route yet waiting for an In-law to move out for space to free up! Been 2.5 years now keeping fingers crossed to hope it would be any day now!

2 Likes

haaaa this reminds me a lot ALL my grows. Even after I added the carbon filters.
At least she loves to smoke so it is easier.
But my first grow with her was aborted. And I agreed, I could smell strong that AK47 at the elevator. No odour control at the time, and living at a place were was ilegal to grow.
After that I invested on odour control so I could continue my hobby :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That’s funny Ak47 was one of my very first strains I grew out! Smelly girl from what I can recall!

Oklahoma is 6 seedlings and 6 mature plants

2 Likes

and the light is the main expense… I got my tent and fan for like… $60, made my own carbon filter with pet activated carbon and sheer pantyhose… but light is what will kill you… I’m on budget lighting right now… 7 17w real draw LEDs with 2 more for flowering… but a decent actual grow LED light will easily run minimum $100

1 Like

oops, I got confused, it must be the North Dakota legalization law that allows unlimited growing. OK was not spared the curse of “plant limits”

Under the new Oklahoma law as drafted, legal patients will receive state ID cards and be allowed to possess three ounces of cannabis in public, and store up to eight ounces at home.

Home cultivation of six mature plants and six seedlings is allowed, as is possession of up to one ounce of cannabis concentrates and 72 ounces of marijuana-infused edible products. Patients could also designate a caregiver to purchase or grow medicine for them.

1 Like

Yup, been supporting and following it since it started here lol

1 Like