On Top Of The World Genetics

Seems like we should have a thread showcasing the work of our own @TestOfOath and his OTOTW seed company. He’s offering several strains paying homage to his home state of Michigan, which is cool. All of his work is available at very reasonable prices through @Ris at his growingupganja.com store.

I’ll start, here’s a half dozen Pure Michigan f3’s, and 6 of the I-96, which is a cross of GG4 RIL x Pure Michigan F2. I do have them marked, but they all look pretty similar at this point. D15 above ground, these are 4” blocks. Jacks 3-2-1 at about 600ppm. Strong growers so far, a couple runtier ones on the right side. I’m about 30 days away from flower tent availability, so I’ll try to update along the way. What you got?

22 Likes

Well this is an honor! Appreciate the thought behind this a lot, thank you! I’ll start as well, here’s my Ice Cream Cake #5 S2 run and the crosses/back crosses that are going to be pollinated Tropicana Cherry, Brawndo, Rick James (Supafreak x ICC#5), Tapi Tapi (73 Durban x ICC#5), Mountain Cream (Highland Nepalese x ICC#5). Working out some ph issues but just completely swapped the water our and didn’t add any NPK this time, got some organic potting soil and chicken/cow manures, rinse and transplant everything. Real excited bout bringing ICC back around.

They’re sure getting their stress testing done :rofl: :rofl: hopefully have things leveled out now though

14 Likes

Right on @Tripl3fastaction , I’ll drop a couple pics of the ICC #5 S1s , from @TestOfOath , that I grew out. Strong and vigorous with loud terps and effects. They went 11-13wks and were well worth the grow. In fact I liked them so much, I put the Biker Slush male i used to go to F2 onto one!

:v::canada:

16 Likes

@Budderton I just for the first time this year found that ICC #5 pheno as well! For me its always been the golf ball sized rock hard nugs, these ones were huge and stretchy in comparison!

14 Likes

Awesome! Can’t wait to grow out the gems I’ve recently obtained from you @TestOfOath
Much respect :facepunch:t2:

6 Likes

The Pure Michigan F3’s are plugging along, as are the I-96’s.
Wish I had room to spread them out but I’m a week or so away from that. Culled 2 runts and 1 early showing male.

The second pic shows purple edging along the leaves of one of the Pure Michigans. Is that something I’m doing nutrient-wise or do you see this in veg too @TestOfOath ? I am hitting them pretty hard at 1.6EC but that’s my standard protocol at this stage and I have very few plants that don’t adapt but it might be too much? Also, my temps are too low at low 70’s so maybe that’s it but that’ll increase once they hit the flower tent.

Excuse the droop, they are just waking up.

9 Likes

Unfortunately I’ve only gotten to grow PM once and it outdoors this year and succumbed to bud with everything else in my greenhouse. Haven’t had experience with purple leaves yet though, it’d definitely purple in flower but veg is kinda wild. Wonder if it’s a nutrient thing or if that’s just one of its characteristics.

These were my Pure Mich F3s outdoors on August 13th. Mind you this was a funky year for growing with all the smoke from Canada, whole greenhouse had a wonky schedule, revegged 2-3 times through the season… Outdoors. Super weird

I had purchased a 500$ 20 site Aeroflo hydroponics system like @BIGJ has but apparently cannabis business owners don’t understand how to mark things out of stock on their sites cause NO ONE sells them anymore. So I’m going to build my own.

Thought process behind this is having the ability to test up to 20 plants of a specific cultivar at a time and make fem seeds of each cross every run as well, reupping seed stock and femininizing everything cause that’s what your average grower wants anywho. Even if it was 10-12 of a particular cultivar it’d still expedite the whole process.

I’ll be able to answer questions like this eventually, I promise!

4 Likes

Man I gotta be honest I’m a bit disappointed there’s virtually no action in here. Figured with how many seeds I’ve sent out there would’ve been more folks that’d grown em.

Currently I’m running;
Pazckis F1s (Pancakez x Pure Mich F2) I could only get 6/10 to germ and one died off

Ice Cream Cake # 5 S1

Tapi Tapi F1 (1973 Durban x ICC # 5) Feel like you can really see the Durban in the branch spacing

Rick James x2 or Rick James and ICC # 5 way tighter branching
(Supafreak x ICC # 5)

And sprouted the Ice Cream Hash Plant (Pakistani Chitral Kush x ICC # 5) and @BIGJ’s Fuck Around and Fund Out Genetics Sundae Smash (Purple Mendo Wreck x ICC # 5) cause they can both be crossed back with the ICC #5 during this S2 run

8 Likes

@TestOfOath hey brother. Gorilla makes a 20 site setup like mine that is on sale right now

2 Likes
2 Likes

Some ICC from August. Rows 1&2

I didn’t label pictures so I can only post a few pictures confidently

6 Likes

Germinated this ICC5 S1 under a week ago, and planted it yesterday… doesn’t look like much yet, but she’s sharing a 10 gallon pot with a few other seedlings. We’ll see how big and strong she can grow in 3 weeks of veg. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

I promise I won’t make this into my grow thread :slightly_smiling_face: but I moved the PM’s (left) and I-96’s (right) into their final homes. Day 34 since sprout. Not showing strong on sex yet. The ones on slabs are ones I think are female. I’ll give them a couple days to acclimate then flip and go from there and I’ll update in a few weeks. Depending on how they stretch I’ll hope for 4-6 females in my 4x4.

6 Likes

3 paczkies in the back, 3 coastal dreams in the front

7 Likes

ICC outdoor

7 Likes

I ended up with 6 females - 5 of the I96’s and 1 Pure Michigan.
Flipped to flower 19 days ago. They are doing well, I have one I96 that is trying to bully the others, growing big, so I’m controlling height via supercropping. The others are behaving well, about 4’ tall now so I hope about done. Here’s a pic from my tent camera, but feel free to check out my grow thread.

OTOTW Grow Thread

3 Likes

Out of 3 Packezis I got 2 females and 1 male. One pheno is topped and one was left more natural. About day 25 flower.

Unfortunately all 3 coastal dreams were male.

7 Likes

D47 since flip. Here’s a couple mid level buds, starting to frost. Despite me pounding them, plants are holding up pretty good. I assume it’s the cookies heritage (no real experience there) but seems like I’m going to get a bunch of golf ball sized nugs, but they still have a ways to go yet …

Pure Michigan F3. The only female I have.

I96. 5 of these going, 4 are similar expressions, one is about 50% larger overall. Maybe that’s the GG#4 coming out, I’ve never grown that either.

8 Likes

Some icecream hash plant. Feminized!

Some hash produced from those buds

Annnd a cray-cray bud.

Enjoy!

10 Likes

Day 45F - Packezis

7 Likes