One Dancehall baby looking bad others are ok

I just switched these babies to an LED and to ocean forest soil
One looks sick. Is it the light?
Between the home made LED and the CFLs it’s about four hundred watts in a three by three room

1 Like

That works out to 44 watts per square foot, the ‘rule of thumb’ is 30 watts so maybe too much light.
Does it look droopy towards the end of the light period?

Cheers
G

2 Likes

I’m not always home yet lol but I will look today
I cut off a couple of the CFLs to see if that helps
I’m about ready to flip but wanted a little more height…may go ahead

1 Like

Some of the leaves half way up the plant show light green edges…is that a deficiency?

1 Like

Could be or maybe the light intensity, best take a couple more pictures for a good call.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

@Gpaw

2 Likes

By the way
@Gpaw
I was at a loss of what to do…not sure which deficiency I was seeing so I have her some Miracle Grow water and follwed with cal mag. The miracle grow seemed to straighten out the leaves. They almost went completely green the next day and she jumped a cuple inches Her too leaves this mornin are curling up? At edges…taco style? ! Is that ok?
20210627_092403|312x500

1 Like

Here she is

1 Like

Here is one of her sisters that didn’t get miracle grow

1 Like

That is looking better!
I’d top dress with fresh EWC (earthworm castings) or an EWC tea.
Teas are a great tool for going in soil! I am not a fan of FFOF. Far too much variability.

Always a good idea to ease off on light intensity when dealing with decency issues.
“Get the car pointed the right direction before hitting the accelerator” :laughing:

The taco effect could be light intensity &/or humidity. Not as serious as the deficiency and you probably can adjust for it yourself now you know. :+1:

BTW, you are doing great!

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Thanks
I gave them some water today since they are thirsty and they are so dark green.
Cut off another CFL so it’s not so lighted
It got a little hot in there last week…I forgot to open up the door t that closer so it may be part of the issues

1 Like