One light One Plant One year later

The weather has cooled & she is started to bud I should get cotton balls in a day or two now I need to find another good strain so each tent has a different strain

6 Likes

What a monster what strain is it and how long has it been vegging ? Looks like you’ll pull a lb or more !
Sativa / hybrid leaves by looks of things .

3 Likes

She is jack herer -x- BlackBerry kush from www.kingklonebrand.com its called blackjack started in mid June flipped Aug. 13 I think 60\40 sativa indica grows a lot like blue dream this strain gives both quality & I hope quantity this my second time growing her under 340 w. Of cob led I’m glad I only put one plant in the tent using megacrop & 3 gal smart pot royal gold basement mix drain to waste feeding every 2 days

5 Likes

here she is this morning she always droops after spending the night under the cobs then by tonight she perks right back up I thinned some of the leaves last night to give my bud sites good light

3 Likes

i modified the water farm to include a smart pot & basement mix surrounded by hydroton the dripper is now on a timer

3 Likes

The reason for the water farm \ smart pot hybrid experiment is drain to waste ties me up & leaving for a few days can be catastrophic I left Saturday night & Monday morning she was almost dead thankful she recovered if the water farm idea don’t pan out I’m gonna get a tub & reservoir the water farm limits me to a 2 gal smart pot & I prefer the 3 gal. & 2-1\2 gal nutrient capacity might not be enough but it could very well be a success

2 Likes

I’ve built a new stand with space under it for a reservoir & my existing scrog will mount to it so after this round she will be e&f

4 Likes

things are going well & I’m almost done pricing together my e&f setup for my next round

5 Likes

I trial fitted my e&f stand & the scrog as well as the plant I have vegging my scrog are interchangeable from tent to tent so everything save a few minor details is ready both tents will be setup identical in the future

5 Likes

The royal gold product is consistent giving me some really good rate of growth these clones are the same age under the same light & nutes

4 Likes

The bud sites continue to stack up the stretch has slowed & I’m about out of room to raise the light might have to wire it strait to the ceiling

7 Likes

I kicked off the other tent this morning I finally completed & installed it this morning soon both tents will be setup this way the res is setup to hold 5 or 7 gal. I put the scrog in & hopefully it fills faster than the other one did I’m wanting to harvest by Christmas

6 Likes

The California light works tent is now being fed by the timer once daily , megacrop @3gr. per gal. & I’m getting good growth the cob tent continues to stacknup bud sites

4 Likes

The California light works tent is giving me solid growth hopefully the screen fills in about a month the cob tent could stack up a bit faster I’m hoping for a good yiekd

6 Likes

The California light works tent seems to be dialed in the e&f I built is working good & my screen is filling as I have the same strain in both tents I’ll get a full evaluation of this little light that cost next to nothing to run let’s see what 200w. can do

5 Likes

Fed both tents today & next week I’m gonna look for a second strain to go in this tent when this is done as I have 2 tents & only one strain

7 Likes

It has been a good weekend for both tents

7 Likes

Not much change in either tent

2 Likes

I am a new grower so tell me why you are not a fan of defoliation please. I am getting ready soon to harvest my first plant a Candy Kush Auto and use it for medicinal creams and edibles.I took off all of the large fan leaves this morning as they were shading the lower buds.I understand that the CBD is in the leaves and I am after CBD for its medicinal effects,especially for my creams and buying trim from my local dispensary is too expensive,so am growing my own. Have I slowed the progress of my Buds by taking off the large leaves? I started this plant 7/18 and she is almost ready to dry.

2 Likes

I should of maybe worded that a little different but leaves are like solar panels converting light & nutrients into growth so I exercise care when removing them , that being said I do remove some to expose some of my buds to light & I remove yellowing & damaged leaves later in flower is not as critical as your close to harvest & the plant is in the ripening stage I’m not the most knowledgeable when it comes to creams & extracts I have diabetes & neuropathy as a result but smoke in the evenings when its worst I applaud you for growing your own & if you have any questions feel free to ask & I’ll do my best to answer & sometimes its best to get more than one opinion & then decide on something that works for you , you would think as much money as those dispensary make they would give a person some of the trim

7 Likes