One point 21 gigawatt grow setup. ( back to the future reference)

Testing for drought resiliency i see :+1:
Misting the foliage asap helps me get them to bounce back quickly whenever I do that move.

3 Likes

I have done a few similar moves over the past year.

3 Likes

Little update.

Today will be day one of 12/12 for the the buckets.

Built the new controller. I am going to have to run two 3/4" pumps to drain. Larger to fill. Today I will have it done I hope. The Rez has like 250 gallons of solution. Using G.H,NPK raw, and some botanicare products.

forgot the finished pic. will take it today.

13 Likes

That is hydroton isnt it? These pics make it look more like little crystal balls :slight_smile:

How come some of them look droopy like they are thirsty? Cant be thirsty in ebb flood can they? Heat maybe? Or is it just me misinterpreting the pics?

1 Like

looks like it’s nighttime.

1 Like

Do some strains droop at night? Ive only grown three different strains so far (two in soil, one in hydro), but none of them did that. When ever I have peeked in on them during lights out, they look pretty much exactly like they do lights on.

1 Like

Yes, some more than others imo.

1 Like

I wonder if that has anything to do with people not feeding at all or as much during lights out in hydro? I know lots of guys have the pumps off or have a very reduced feeding schedule at night.

My setup is running the same schedule 24/7.

1 Like

I do not feed at night but I may start to do a quick cycle 6 hours in just to exchange/ increase the desolved oxygen in the bottom of the buckets. This will be for anaerobic (spelling)
Gotta run. Will try to take some pictures today.

11 Likes

I need to do a more careful check to get exact numbers, but my log notes show that my three Blue Dream plants drink almost as much during lights out as they do during lights on.

Ive read that lots of people dont feed or drastically reduce feedings at night in hydro. If thats based on the plants not drinking at night, I dont think thats true. It sure isnt true for my three babies.

Plus, like you say, the available DO has to drop a lot when you dont water.

2 Likes

FWIW it happens in soil too. I just view it as the plant resting. When I was playing with the time lapse, I would notice the plants would start to droop right before lights out.

2 Likes

I’d hate to pay your electric bill lol

1 Like

Interesting. I do not remember seeing that in my soil grow. I took pics just after lights on and just before lights off most days. I opened up the tent many times during lights out and never noticed significant drooping - unless they needed feeding.

I just looked through a bunch of my hydro pics and there is maybe just a little droop during lights off, but its hard to tell for sure. The leaves move around a lot. These plants seem to grow slower at night but they still grow and things move.

I just went back through my notes and it sure looks to me like these babies drink almost as much, or maybe even the same at night as in the day. I just topped off my rez at lights out, and made a note of the water level. I will check again when the lights come back on and then again next lights out and let you all know how much they drink each cycle.

1 Like

Lack of nutrients won’t cause drooping foliage. It’s because they are not respiring at night.
Have a look at yours mid-night-cycle. I’ll bet you they are not “praying” like during the day.

2 Likes

These showed up today.

Transplanted GC x Q today.

13 Likes

Those are some awesome looking roots!

Ok, you are correct. I have to, kind of, almost, sort of, take back what I said about my plants not drooping at night. :slight_smile:

After carefully comparing several sets of pics, they do droop - a little bit. Nothing like as much as in those shots above. I would call it more like relaxing some. They dont hang down at all, they just dont reach up and prey as much at night.

Its possible my situation is a little different from @Viva_Mexico because my plants mostly have much shorter stems and are shorter plants over all. Long stems will droop more I would think.

I still wonder if at least some of that droop is due to not watering at night.

As faras lack of nutes, that was one way I could tell it was time to feed when I was in soil - the leaves would definitely droop, and the stems got much more flexible/soft if they were thirsty. Much more than with lights out.

2 Likes

Fat roots! It’s already drinking through garden hoses.

3 Likes

The majority of those plants are fimed and these are sativa dominant. These have a grow rate of around 1" per day after 10 days. I am taking the weekend off but Monday I will try to go in before the lights go off and take some pictures.

My buckets have about 1" of water in the bottom of each one. I exchange this water every 2hours and feed 5 times a day during the day.

Monday I will fire up the co2

4 Likes

…Propane?

1 Like

Yes sir. Have the tank in the room at the moment. :exploding_head::shushing_face::hugs:

1 Like