Oni's 2nd grow. Continued

I lmao at Zelda having Basil notes :sweat_smile:
I was like eh? He has a Basil plant in there with them :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
You proper crack me up mate :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I got a few of those Blue Ice seeds off someone on here a while back. It sounds like a good strain I’ll send you some in exchange for a bag of Jolly Ranchers. It won’t be for a while yet though as I’m going to try and make seeds with the Tomahawk seeds first. I can’t wait to get started the plant looks amazing from what I’ve seen of it.

3 Likes

Superbeef is intoxicating is all I can describe it as. I get the munchies just smelling it.

As far as feed goes I haven’t given any nitrogen in my water in almost a month. The only feed comes from the soil. The last week I’ve added P&K only. No nitrogen in my water at all. I stopped giving her nitrogen when she started to claw.

Tulip is the same. I stopped feeding nutrients awhile ago. I only added the PK boost to try and get them to stop going red on the stems. Zelda and Tulip both are deficient in something. Tulip looks to be zinc and Zelda is phosphorus it seems. Zelda makes sense with all the preflowers and that she’s completely filled out her pot. If she wasn’t in a fabric pot she’d be root bound. I can actually feel the 1" or so of roots on bottom. It just feels like I’m storing rope on the pot on bottom.

I can take more pictures at lights off tonight. I passed out before you asked me last night.

As for the Basil notes the smell was from when I got some of Zelda up my nose while working in the tent. I moved just wrong enough to spring a stem in my face when I was watering. My first thought was it was the Basil too. Then I remembered what makes basil smell like it does mainly. Caryophyllene, Linalool, and Cineole all are present in cannabis in decent concentrations in my grows I’ve noticed. So far all bud out of this house has all 3 of those notes when smoked. Sadie and Holly joined it with myrcene and berry notes I can’t remember the terpenes for rn.

Lol with that line if I didn’t know better I’d say that you’re my grandpa :rofl: he said the exact same thing to me about something else awhile ago :rofl: jolly ranchers are good though. I can’t blame anyone who can’t get enough of them.

Overall I’ve been waiting to add any nutrients other than PK this week since February 10th. Zelda’s growth pattern changed back to fan leaves once she got some PK. Her clawed growth also started to stop or slow down lately. Enough that she’s been growing into the claws now. I can’t really describe it well, but I’ve noticed that some claws are flattening out. I thought the claw doesn’t go away? I’m seeing leaves start clawed, transition to wind burned looking, and then I see fan leaves from that node. I don’t have a clue what’s going on there TBH :sweat_smile:

Regardless I’ve been practicing LITFA here for awhile. I go in the tent to take pictures and water when it’s dry enough, but otherwise I just leave the house lately to keep myself from going in the tent all day.

Truthfully the PK boost was a attempt at throwing off nitrogen a bit if I could. After this long without added nutrients in the water I’ve been assuming it was the compost I added keeping nitrogen too high.

At the same time the soil has been behaving finally after the compost addition.

I will say that if Zelda is what she looks like this is a normal growth pattern apparently :sweat_smile: no indoor acclimation in those genes.

1 Like

When I posted earlier I hadn’t realized how much more the leaves had changed since I last saw them. Zelda appears to be very happy now and leaves are growing nicely again. She’s very dark in color though. I got a smell off her and it’s a sweet, woody, pine note RN. Just the basics all plants have at the start. I’ll be able to get a good smell off her soon. If the smell of sweet basil will quit it for a bit I could get a proper smell of the profile too. The Basil smell has nearly overpowered the skunky smell Tulip is pumping out.

Tulip is slowly looking like she’s recovering, but I’ll give her a Epsom salt foliar tonight as she’s still showing a magnesium deficiency. if it’s zinc like I suspected though I’ll find out after tonight. Other than the leaf appearance she’s growing taller by the day. She’s already matched with most of Zelda’s canopy. Her front main stems are just too tall to expect any of the plants to match.

Zelda

Tulip

3 Likes

So is it beef?

I may be your grandpa in another reality :wink:

Some plants have red stems, the last clone I have growing has all red stems apart from the trunk.
It’s to do with the strain as it’s got Blueberry in.

I don’t really eat sweets nowadays but as I was looking on amazon a while back I saw some jolly ranchers and was transported back to being 15 again in my mind :sweat_smile:
I ordered myself a big bag, I was happy as Larry for a few weeks while munching on them they’re lush.
I don’t really put as much effort into growing as a lot of people on here. I just feed the plants a little bit now and then. I can’t answer some of your questions as I’ve not experienced it.
I just know too much Nitrogen does that to plants. You could try just giving plain water for a bit maybes. Someone else will be able to help you better.

I just learn by watching my Mam.
She loves her plants(her other children)
She’s always in the garden or in someone else’s pinching cuttings :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: and that.
All the plants she grows grow great.
She would grow the best weed (if only) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think you’re right on magnesium deficiency for Tulip I was looking at this and the leaf patterns similar. It’s quite far at the bottomish on the list.

1 Like

I was told that Zelda is most likely going to look like that even if I took perfect care of her. There is a possibility of her being Crystal Paradise and not acclimated to indoor conditions.

The only things I can say for certain about her is that she wind burns easy, drinks water much faster than most plants, in early veg she’s a heavy feeder, and in late veg/early flower she’s a sipper instead. She drinks at the same rate, but her feed needs drastically change in each stage. Unfortunately I somehow managed to waterlog her in a fabric pot, so part of my issues are from the long way to fix that since she got waterlogged and nitrogen toxic at the same time.

In general she’s just looked like she’s been stuck in flower and reveg this whole time. TBH I’m not sure how I revegged her at all, but she’s been fitting the growth pattern pretty well. She’s nearly back to 7 fingers again. I’m seeing a decent amount of 5 fingers popping out now.

I’ve been giving her straight water since I first fed her from the bottom. Funny enough after I added the PK to the water she’s bounced back strong. She’s been working through anything left in her soil it seems and either I threw off the nitrogen a bit or she’s been stunted waiting for food after I gave her only water this while time. Whatever the case I’m glad she’s bounced back from that finally.

On that note it’s picture time. I saw her really look happy today :blush:

2 Likes

I have some pictures from lights on and off to share. Flash on at night.

Zelda

Tulip

Zelda flash

Tulip flash

2 Likes

Yeah, Tulip is starting to look better :slight_smile: Zelda looks like she’s od’ed on the Green Fairy :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah Definitely a crackhead nappy hair vibe off her, but she’s my crazy girl for sure. Every day she’s looking better, so I’ll take that as a win in my book.

2 Likes

Nappy hair? Hahaha :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yep. She’s just throwing off growth in all directions for the moment like a birds nest.

Honestly I’ve used the term so long I can’t really explain it well.

1 Like

What time is it where you come from?

1 Like

10:30am I’m eastern time zone. It was 3:30am when you asked. I had passed out cold around the time I posted last

1 Like

Apparently purple basil takes time to germinate. I just saw a couple of seedlings show themselves. Pretty dark from the beginning too. Good thing as the clover wants to cover them up. I topped the Basil in there to allow then to bush out. They just keep growing taller and thicker stems, so they aren’t stretching at Least. They just can’t support the top weight on average :joy: those leaves weigh a decent amount and with the smell that came off after they must be filled with terpenes :sweat_smile: I got a aromatherapy high from going in there. It’s odd

Zelda has a odd look to her leaves, but if I were to guess she’s finally nearly recovered. Ignoring the claws they are trying to go at a 45° angle. Though I have no clue why the claws are folding themselves up as it looks really strange.

Tulip is looking much better now and she’s getting a darker color on the bands at the edges of her affected leaves. She’s grown taller again. Not much else to say about her right now.

Zelda

Tulip

5 Likes

Today was watering day. I checked the soil and all spots from the edge to the stem we’re dry 4 inches down.

Sorry not a lot of info in the post today. I finally got a fridge again and hurt myself bringing it back home.

Zelda

Tulip

5 Likes

LITFA for Tulip. I watered with mosquito dunks infused water and seeing her now says she isn’t happy to me.

Zelda looks happy with the water I gave her. She got more water than Tulip got, but she’s always been a thirsty girl.

Altogether they need me to LITFA and observe what they need me to do.

Zelda

Tulip

Group

5 Likes

Tulip is looking more Happy today. Maybe I watered too fast or too much the other day :grimacing:

Zelda still is getting too much nitrogen and I Still haven’t given her any in awhile now.

Not much difference between today and yesterday for growth pattern. I have noticed Zelda appears to be making new leaves for her tops every day or so. I guess those are colas now😅

Once I get some maca in me I’ll be more aware of my surroundings to add a proper update, but until then all I have is the note about her tops I forgot to add last night.

Zelda

Tulip

2 Likes

I check on Tulip and I found out I was maybe a bit too heavy handed when training her. She’s fighting the bends and flopping over I keep doing to her, so if I can get some cash soon she’ll get trained properly and weighted down. Her stems though are healed all over the place as I definitely snapped her stems on nearly all of them😅 I guess she’ll need the knuckles, but it’s definitely an ugly sight for sure. I got a smell of Tulip that made me very happy to notice. She has a eucalyptol smell with the skunky smell she’s got going on.

Zelda is finally working on trichomes and she’s giving off a pine, citrus, and skunk aroma currently like an OG phenotype. She has some sweet smell too, but it’ll be a little bit before her smell changes to what it will be in final. She’s already got a leg up on Tulip for complexity. With the sweet note I’d guess myrcene and I’d wager she’s going to end up a fruity or peppery phenotype.

Also to be clear for those who get confused when I say skunk I do mean skunk not funk. Funk is the B.O., cheese, or foot note. Skunk just smells like a skunks ass.

2 Likes

Info to be filled later. In a rush to leave now and wifi isn’t where I’m going, so pics now details later.

Zelda

Tulip

2 Likes