Oni's 2nd grow. Lessons learned

I mixed up a gallon of water with 1.5g Epsom salts, 5g megacrop, and 10g raw sugar in place of molasses. It’s all mixed up now and sitting. I checked Daisey and she doesn’t need water yet. Zeke is definitely going to need some in the morning. The rest I’ll see when morning comes.

If anyone is curious I’m keeping the 1.33g megacrop a liter ratio as that seems to be the ratio for my soil to see healthy growth without burnt tips early on.
I can always water it down further if I have to. Benefits of it being in water and waiting is I can always dilute it for the babies to give them the ideal ratio. I’ve found mixing small scale ratios is troublesome TBH. Those bottle ones are the worst. Not even 1ml of it is too much for 2 gallons at 1/4 strength. Wayyyyyyy too much.

2 Likes

1/4 strength one they get true leaves

1 Like

I always mix a gallon of mutes as I can’t bother figuring out tiny mixes. Whatever is left I throw away or in some other random plant lol

1 Like

There’s some plants outside thriving in the cold I’ll give the spare. Worst case I feed the oak tree out front. It definitely needs something. It’s ancient and starting to fall apart. One of the blizzards last winter almost knocked a branch into my apartment. I was saved by a electric line that was surprisingly sturdy keeping it from collapsing the roof onto me as I slept. It was there for a week before we could remove it. I’m sure I mentioned it last grow in detail.

From what I saw the plants will all be fine tomorrow if I leave for a day, so it’s another dose of LITFA while I celebrate New year’s with the love of my life and the only reason I keep going each day despite how expensive it is to stay alive :sweat_smile: is it too much to ask for my body to chill and not want to eat $1k a month in food? Outside of staple foods I can’t afford to eat without 2k a month income or my bills get behind :sweat_smile: I’ll find a way. I always do. I just want to find it before self preservation kicks in to show me how​:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Be careful, my flowers and roses seemingly hated megacrop and it killed someone on here’s plum bush. Maybe a herb or veggie plant is best

2 Likes

The grapes loved it. Same with the entire herb garden at home. The mint and basil get a extremely strong response to megacrop I’ve seen.

IDK maybe it because the strength I use is at best just above seedling strength, so it could just be I’m not using enough to get the plants. I know for sure though that fish fertilizer and kelp is used in out yard. I’ve seen him mix the garden soil too many times. Maybe there’s something about the soil that makes megacrop work in all the plants in my garden or it’s because our garden is mostly all companions to each other that it’s less of a concern. I’ll have to find a day where he’s talking to me on a good day to find out what he did and why megacrop works so well on our garden

2 Likes

Stick with that as ornamental plants just don’t dig it

2 Likes

IDK what he does, but I do notice that our garden is extremely hearty and vigorous. It’s near impossible to kill anything in it. The apples fruited too soon this year and now it’ll be 2 years before I can enjoy honeycrisp apples again from the garden. They didn’t give the apples enough water and nutrients to develop the apples in time and they got rot from the cold. 1 tree escaped the rot and it was separated from the other 3 trees by a herb garden full of thyme, oregano, dill, rosemary, catnip, and a strawberry plant. Whatever affected the 3 trees couldn’t spread to the last tree and it developed in full then made fermented apples on the branches before I could pick them all. One really good rain made it impossible to pick them in time. The day before they were just about ready and the next they had too much water and were soft. Ah well. Next time I guess. Until then Russell orchards it is

I used some maple syrup and some golden syrup in place of molasses :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Sugar is sugar mate. Your feeding the microbes in the soil not the plant. :laughing: the amount of threads I’ve read on other sites going on about molasses making plants taste better is unreal. If your feeding organically or in a living soil you need to feed the stuff that feeds your plants. Please someone chime in if using molasses works growing in coco or a sterile dwc.

2 Likes

I always add sugar to the water in some way even if I have to use bleached, but I’d prefer to avoid it at all costs. The only time I haven’t is when I was watering with straight distilled water and started to see issues in the seedlings. Otherwise the seedlings had been given molasses and/or raw sugar since germination. The water I gave them still had traces of the water I fed Diana originally and they didn’t show a trace if issues and Zeke in fact grew really well and fast. I’ll go back to gently watering the surface until they show me they want more water. I’d rather slightly underwater than overwater in any instance.

1 Like

The plants are doing well today. It appears I was right and that Zeke needs a feeding on the next watering :sweat_smile: cotyledons are being eaten for nutrients now.

Diana

Zeke

Daisey

GSC

Indigo

Hygrometer

Humidity is very low. Sadly I didn’t store the pre mixed water correctly and it’s bad now. I’ll mix more later. They don’t seem in danger of drying out yet.

1 Like

Oh yeah I did the math and until I get more lights in here I’m at 11.5w/SF with my 185w in the 4x4x7 tent with 16 square feet footprint.
Last grow I had used the whole room and that made it 78 square feet for my footprint and 425w total used making that a 5.4w/SF grow with 0.5 gpw yielding about 230g total from 4 plants. For a first grow still not bad once I look at the math :sweat_smile:

Why have I not heard of any efficiency calculation for cubic meters and wattage/amperage used with costs of water, nutrients if applicable, cost of medium, cost of container, and the cost of any other care items and other electronics for total efficiency number per grow? Something to put the hard numbers down on what by itself costs to harvest by comparison and all that? Even without the bud itself I’m just curious what the cost of each method is over time and what I want to do in the future going forward until I can afford the expensive options I want to try just because I want to😅

1 Like

Hygrometer’s a strange name for a plant :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

That’s the name of the hygrometer below the name😅

Sorry if I’m confusing. I posted a pic of Zeke first after discussing them before posting the pics of Diana the oldest followed by Zeke and Daisey then each plant by age.

2 Likes

I know mate :sweat_smile:
It’s not confusing I was just joking on :wink:

1 Like

I’m a little bit high and drunk.:sweat_smile: I’m a little distracted, so I tend to not process things past face value quickly :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I can hardly process things on a straight head let alone when I’m high nd pissed :sweat_smile::wink:

2 Likes

Oh I’m not that gone yet. It’s hard to ki my ego in general I’ve seen, so it just takes the right things to get me on low amounts. A neat workaround is a capsaicin high and a runner’s high and even a small puff and I’m done with next to nothing finally.

5g pans and I was gone, but best I got for visuals was a 3d effect or a solitaire stacking effect. Not enough to forget anything though. I still remember where I put everything during the trip. Once I get the medium ready I’ll be adding a separate journal probably about the strains I have for my cubes.

2 Likes

What do you mean by capsaicin high and a runners high?

1 Like