Oni's 2nd grow. Lessons learned

If zeke were mine, I would give a foliar of liquid fish (1/2 Tb per gallon) followed by a kelp and earth worm casting slurry on top of the soil (1/8 tsp per gallon soil) then a dose of LIFTA for 3-4 days

3 Likes

Iā€™d do that if I had money to buy water even rnšŸ˜…
Iā€™m broke as a joke ATM. Only occasional work and that money went to giving the plants a home and then food as I havenā€™t eaten more than a meal in a week.

All I have is megacrop from last yearā€™s batch before the new recipe I see on the site, Epsom salts, foxfarm grow big, foxfarm tiger bloom, and foxfarm organic big bloom. Big bloom is a mix of guano and earthworm castings, but has 0 nitrogen in it. I have some coffee I can French press if thereā€™s any way thatā€™s useful too.

:sweat_smile: Unfortunately I canā€™t get any of those other options until I can get an income. Rn I just have to hustle and make money any way I can. Surprisingly legally LoL. No supplies to make any black market money. Favors here and there when someone needs help. I lucked out and had the water heater install job.

Iā€™m probably screwed here of Zeke canā€™t pull through. Iā€™m open to a new name. Maybe a better name would perk her up. Lol my auto-correct wants up to be yo :joy:

1 Like

I hear yaā€¦out of all of those, I think the grow big would be your best bet though your also adding P & K which they donā€™t appear to need. I canā€™t get to the post office until Monday but pm me your address and iā€™ll send you some then when you can, pay it forward :wink:

4 Likes

Totally forgot to do yesterdayā€™s update, so itā€™s getting rolled into a before and after update. Zeke has finally improved color and has come back kicking.
I pulled out most of the cilantro as it was becoming a mold issue and I can put them in my fridge to keep from going bad. Win win.
I watered Diana with about 4oz water. No nutes, just distilled water. I gave the rest of the plantā€™s soil a spray with 1oz water between them all.
Pics in a few once they adjust to the water. He rest of the plants donā€™t matter in the pics as they just had the surface moistened from near white dry dirt.

Once I got humidity back up Zekeā€™s color improved significantly, so Iā€™m thinking they may have been transpiring too much and lost color from that.
Zeke better move fast. The rest are catching up to them. Indigo in particular is going to probably end up surpassing Zeke in size. Iā€™m waiting until they need a transplant.

On another note does anyone know if I should be watering Zeke carefully or deep enough that the water can reach a certain point in the pot?

Diana last night 12 hours ago now

Diana currently

Daisey 12 hours ago

Daisey now

Zeke 12 hours ago

Zeke now

GSC 12 hours ago

GSC now

Indigo 12 hours ago

Indigo now

Hygrometer from last night. Todayā€™s is off as it found itā€™s way out of the room somehow after I watered Diana.

3 Likes

How old is the auto now? She looks so little.

1 Like

Diana? Sheā€™s just over a month old. 6 weeks. Daisey Iā€™ll have to check, but she should be about 4 weeks younger. Iā€™m outside rn and my muscles are locking up from the cold

Just be warned that if you go super hot peppers keep sugar, yogurt, and a chunk of soft bread nearby. Chew the sugar if it gets too hot. Yogurt if itā€™s too intense to handle following the bread chewing excessively to soak it up.

1 Like

Fk that I wouldnā€™t dare, it hurts too much coming out! :-))
I donā€™t like anything too spicy it hurts my stomach

2 Likes

I get that. Iā€™m a lucky person to not have the fire coming out. Either that or just like my lips my ass also likes the heat. No pain ever for me. Just white hot fire taste, but I probably have a mind over matter thing going on.

I really enjoy the high though. Not many things give me euphoria on that level. Cannabis actually never gets that intense. 200ug LSD is more intense, but not by much.

I canā€™t get easy access to acid, but peppers on the other hand are really cheap. I can get a packet of dried ghost pepper for $3 and thatā€™ll last me over 3 months of highs as I make something with it. My last recipe was my fermented ghost pepper Sriracha. All alcohol smell has now vanished and now itā€™s stabilized to a 4 stage death sauce.

It gives you a false sense of security at first. Itā€™s white hot fire that almost immediately turns into a savory carrot, garlic, onion, and cumin note before you get a sweet heat and last you just get a mouthwatering sour note while the heat dies down and you get a rush of euphoria.

The whole time you feel the burn, but itā€™s less intense as you reach the second stage. Personally I think I just got used to ghost pepper. I basically drank a bottle of it 4 years ago when I was camping.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll just stick with Fishermanā€™s friends thank you very much :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @OniTenshu
Fantastic post so far, I know now far too much about soil ā€¦ Im a hydro bloke :smiley:
A nice light would finish your tent ā€¦ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I canā€™t agree on that moreā€‹:sweat_smile: Iā€™m at 11.5w/SF rn and itā€™s not intense enough to beat the shadows from anything above the plants like my phone :sweat_smile:

Can anyone suggest a cheap option to hold me off until I can save up 500 to get the 2 solstrips to get 40w/SF in the tent?

1 Like

yaaaayyyyyy Zeke!!! He/she looks much better! Nice turn around :heart_eyes:

The cheapest that I know of that is comparable is the 135wQB for $213 though its only rated to flower a 2x2 or you could go with a 315cmh to flower a 3x3 for ~$200.00 going with a conversion kit if you already have the hoods or ~$180.00 for a no name complete kit or just keep doing what your doing and save up for the solstrips

2 Likes

I had mostly meant like a cheap one off Amazon or eBay thatā€™ll improve my light spread :sweat_smile: ATM itā€™s intense, but not spread out enough to cover the whole floor tbh. I had to redo my lights and bunch all the plants together to get them properly covered with minimal shadows cast. The hard part was figuring out where indigo and Daisey should go.
500 will be a long time from now, but 30-50 I can ask for help with getting tbh.

On the note of indigo: the roots are already poking out of the bottom of the pot. Just a couple stragglers, but when should I transplant them?

On the note of Zeke: Iā€™m not 100% sure, but I do believe I can almost presex Zeke with my naked eye and the growth looks different than a calyx to me, but not sure if itā€™s a pod. Itā€™s just small enough that Iā€™ll need my scope to see it. I lost the lens for my phone. Itā€™s whatever Iā€™m grabbing a loop soon.

2 Likes

Scroll down to where it says active heatsinks.

2 Likes

I donā€™t have access to any of those tools. My budget is 50 Max as Iā€™m asking a favor and in not being a mooch grabbing something for 300 or so when Iā€™m saving up for something 500.

I found a couple of blurple, white, IR, UV combo lights that will be good enough to cover the canopy evenly

This is also my fianceā€™s grow. She wants to use a full spectrum light using diodes that display 1 color and part of the spectrum. Similar to blurple concept, but essentially the goal is a macro version of a white led diode. Itā€™s her money, so if sheā€™s excited and wants to try something I wonā€™t stop heršŸ˜…
She just wants me to do all the digging for dealsšŸ˜…
She gave me the concept of what she wants to build and I actually found a few on Amazon that are almost exactly what she wants. Sheā€™s grabbing them tomorrow. Iā€™ll get the links and post them here. There not perfect lights, but they cover 3x3 and one of them were a 2 pack of them that cover 3x3. They wonā€™t be much better than my existing lights that seem to cover a 2x2 area with 3x3 max coverage that barely gets light. There dark spots in the tent for sure. When the walls of the tent get sucked in the tent is effectively an hourglass shape. IDK if the tent should be that sucked in or if I should just also get a fan speed controller tomorrow too.

You can use a normal drill.

1 Like

I donā€™t have one and borrowing is a no go for me.

Unless the build is around 50 Iā€™m letting the missus have her way this grow. She did a lot of research the other day and really wants to try this

1 Like

Hereā€™s the lights she wants to decide between tomorrow. If anyone has a better suggestion in that price range Iā€™ll tell her, but she kinda put her foot down here and isnā€™t spending a fortune on anything temporary. 50 is cheap enough that sheā€™ll give in rarely.

I only just started to feel better and not in horrible pajn for once, but I can barely see, so Iā€™m not sure if my aggressive behavior is from pain I donā€™t feel or the edible I had for breakfastšŸ˜…

To add context I occasionally get confrontational with weed in my system. No explanation on why. IDK what causes it, but Iā€™d guess that on the times it happens I may be feeling anxiety and I regularly go into fight not flight. If my life isnā€™t in danger my fight or flight response acts like it should, but I just wish my anxiety would stop triggering that shit. I smoke weed to be chill and not my normal psycho self. Unfortunately I get the aggressive side of ASD often. Too many things set off my sensory input like ice cold weather making my muscles stop working.

1 Like

It might be because weed makes you more relaxed and your more at ease to have discussions.
Cold weather is not good either I hate it as it makes me feel like an old man :cry: itā€™s like you just seize up.
Regarding lights, my friend @Esrgood4u and I bought meizhi leds and they are pretty good and quite cheap. I bought the 300w itā€™s only 140true watts but itā€™s a great light.
The light penetration is pretty strong with this one :sunglasses:(starwars quote) :sweat_smile:

That light in your link sounds good also as it has UV
which is meant to be amazing for plant growth I was reading about about it the other day.

Iā€™ve just realised it was UV-A I was reading about not sure of the differenceā€¦more to read :grin:

Heres a link, itā€™s quite interesting

3 Likes