Oni's 2nd grow. Lessons learned

We went through the cost analysis and anything that had anything close to the advertised par was 5-8x more expensive. It’ll be next week before I can order the quantum boards. Stop freaking out. The QB are still on the list, but 40 now won’t effect the 120 we can put down next week. These will be here by Saturday. Most likely a week before we can order the QB. Paychecks don’t come like magic or in large amounts.

Exactly. So why put the money out there knowing its very short term when you can get something more sustainable for the long term for just a bit more money …you’ll see when your package arrives on Sat. :wink:

2 Likes

Not freaking out just not understanding being on a budget yet paying for the extra expense of “throw away” lights vs pocketing the money to add to the next paycheck to invest into something more sustainable…you feel that is the best and that is great. I really hope you get your moneys worth and doing my best to help you along - just not seeing it from your perspective and I get the feeling its likewise though thats ok too …learning as we go :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

It’s not his money @MomOnTheRun so he doesn’t care. lol He wants something for himself before his lady changes her mind and spends the money on a handbag.

5 Likes

We’re planning to get the other ones, but we have about a week until we can order it and if they’re far away we’re looking at another week or so until it arrives here and by then I’ll have had see extra light in my tent at least as supplemental. She’s really curious how well these cheapo lights will perform.

It’s not wasted and her budget is much larger than mine is. I got her really interested in lights, so I’m not going to push her that hard if she can cost analyze this and say “even if it doesn’t work out someone has to try them”

1 Like

Oh I do care for sure. I spent the last few days going deeper into the Amazon hole I was comfortable with having regular panic attacks from the information overload. I found these after looking at cheap driverless cob options that offered less par and a smaller footprint. I’ve given her every out I could calling myself a mooch the whole way.

Also in her words: “it’s my money and if I want to waste 40 on a test I’ll do it” she okayed it and she personally ordered it after looking through the page and approving the purchase. She’s a manager at a store having to order stuff a lot having experience sifting through BS sales spieles

2 Likes

It’s all good. I was just going off of what you said in one of your posts. I was pretty sure you said a handbag, but maybe it was a skirt?? Glad she’s still interested in the lights!

2 Likes

It was a top or a skirt as options. That shop has some really good patterns, so I’ve gotten that text that she spent 70-150 there on a new outfit. :sweat_smile:
I love her, but I want a light with the cash this time​:sweat_smile: she has a clothing avalanche :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I know and he’s trying otherwise I wouldn’t have sent the single board set up, driver for the 4 board, liquid fish and ewc to help along…I just see the waste for immediacy rather than waiting for sustainability though in the same token, its “moms” advice and help vs finding out for yourself…sometimes you have to spin your wheels only to go back and say thank you while kicking your own ass for not listening in the 1st place. There is a learning curve for everyone… no one way is better than another though I just hate to see waste where it could be avoided though to each his/her own

ok may be not wasted as ya’ll have your own learning to do for what these plants want in an indoor set up just noting that its wrong in my experience on a budget perspective though each to his/her own as we learn in different ways. I’ll continue to help where I can just the perspectives are different and that is ok

Never understood how some women can spend up to 140 for a pair of jeans, 40 for a blouse. 120 for shoes, 60 for tight shorts “to keep it all in”, 40 for a bra, 20 for a halter top (to support the bra)…thats 420.00 for 1 “cute” outfit worn a handful of times vs something more sustainable like a couple seasons of whatever show, being in the states, a weekend get away etc. though I am one of those women that will wait for a mega sale to get the same outfit for 50 - 100.00 ok so it tends to be 2-3 seasons outdated though styles come around every 5-7 yrs so its all still good

2 Likes

I will even take that a step farther and add those ridiculously expensive work-out clothes from LuLuLemon and those other overpriced stores. I mean $120 for some yoga pants and bra thingy? Shoot. I go to the gym in the oldest most torn up clothes I can find in my drawers. Not gonna sweat and stink all over a 120 dollar outfit! lol Then again, I’m a woman who has thousands of dollars sitting on her dresser in expensive perfume that literally evaporates away with every spray. lol We all have our vices. :blush:

3 Likes

No worries on the QB. We both want them badly and once her next check comes in she can afford it. The money that was going to the QB is going to oil for us both as we ran out too soon😅

She’s very frugal when it comes to expensive stuff. She’ll wait for sales as well. Her frugal side is one of the reasons I love her. She has vices, but she’s smart about it at least and has plenty of clothing options and combinations. At this point if she never rewore an outfit combo she wouldn’t run out until 2022​:sweat_smile::thinking:

2 Likes

OMG! You get it rofl! Never has made any sense to me

Yeah, we all have our vices…mine is my smoke boxes: $35 a month for Goody and $30 a month for DHC. I don’t need them though whatever I can’t use becomes presents or gets tossed into my area’s adult hide/seek cannabis stash so its all good though I know I could use that same money to make additional memories for the kids by adding to it by turning cable off again for another $60 a month, get rid of the youngest $40 a month explorer box…thats enough for a yearly weekend getaway out of the state. Could also add to it by eliminating our weekly 120 restaurant visits and yearly 275 summer camping, 245 cubscouts, 245 boy scouts, 550 summer fishing, 875 fall hunting, 180 wrestling, 140 basketball, 130 volleyball and 325 football clubs though learning experiences but are extra costs that we could do without if/when push comes to shove …just different ways of living on a budget and prioritizing

Edited to add: Damn kids are expensive!

2 Likes

Yes they are😂 it’s why we’re waiting until we’re financially stable enough that we can support a family before we start one😅

2 Likes

If people waited until they could afford kids, most people would never have any. Pretty sure, people just make do and figure it out as they go along. lol

6 Likes

Great choice!! I love all 3 of my kids though all surprises…my oldest was a depo baby (no one told me to switch after the 3rd shot), my middle/oldest son was a IUD baby (no one told me they had to be adjusted if gain/loss 15 lbs) and my youngest was a tubal ligation baby (no explanation 7 yrs after the fact). Though all surprises and having their own handicaps, they are my life…everything else is secondary. You’d be surprised what you can pull off when priorities are turned around…just saying from experience with no money, no education til later on and raising 3 kids on 1400 a month…well 2 now, soon to be 1 in a 3000 a month atmosphere. Its not ideal by any means though where there’s a will, there is a way :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Worst case scenario my dad will help me get into a plumbing school to make sure I can 5 years down the line provide a better life for my kid should it end up happening :sweat_smile: he’s already trying rn, but he’s busy. Tis the season to call a plumber for too many reasons :sweat_smile: I really enjoyed it going out with him and especially now that I’m at a point where I would really need that financial stability I’ll be pushing him to get on that.

1 Like

Why not simply raise your plants to get as close as warranted.
Good luck!

2 Likes

@Calyxander the issue lies with light distribution. My HPS had a very large intensity. My corncobs do not. The HPS carried the light much farther than they do now. Though they do make it impossible to see where you are going around the house if all the lights are off. Normally there’s enough ambient light to see once your eyes adjust. Just barely though.

1 Like

Diana

Daisey

Zeke

GSC

Indigo

Garlic

2 Likes

So indigo is as wide as the pot they’re in.
What size would you all recommend next for her?
Also I’m renaming Zeke. She’s defying all odds of my naming instinct. The rest seem to be becoming their name I gave them

2 Likes