Oni's 2nd grow. Lessons learned

How is veg under 3000k?

How many boards can I hook up to the rack at once? I’m in a 4x4 tent, so I’m at 16 square feet :sweat_smile: I may have not thought about that when buying my tent, but it works out now.

Also is there anything wrong with having both drivers run at the same time with a mixed 3000/4000 spectrum?

This is info I’ll be making use of later on, but at least I’m curious about it now :thinking:

1 Like

Really well.

Here is Purple Narwhal and Mr Niceguy under 1 qb120 for veg and 2 for flower in a 2x3x4 cabinet

Triple Cheese in a dutch bucket under 1 qb120’s for veg and 3 for flower in a 2x3x4 cabinet

Blue Cheese under 2 qb120’s for veg and 3 for flower

All around the same age give/take a day or 2 :stuck_out_tongue:

Whelp, each board is 11" x 9" and angle aluminum comes in 2-6 ft lengths so ~20 if set side by side covering every square inch of the tent though that would definitely be overkill! For some reason, I thought you were in a 3x3 ahhh well Lets see, 4x4 = 16sq ft x 30w/sq ft (flower) = 480w/60w = 8 boards so you can easily have 1 rack with all 8 spread out or 2 racks with 4 each spread out

Nope, not at all. Iirc, each 15 amp breaker can handle up to 1500watts though don’t quote me on that as I am just going off of memory from a year ago though sounds about right

3 Likes

It can handle that but I wouldn’t go above 1200w for safety reasons. Also accounting for the amps for odd circuit styles like fast chargers or low watt high amp devices. They make it a nightmare for me personally. My house is wired odd. That room has 3 outlets off one 15A breaker. I’d need a way to use a extension cord safely. I don’t think making a brain is a viable option for me, so I’ll have to keep the draw of everything in mind on that one breaker.

Also my lights above the living room/bedroom and the lights above my grow room are running off the same breaker as the outlets in the grow room as well as half the living room outlets :sweat_smile: FML
I just don’t use those outlets and I use 1 10w led above my living room.

1 Like

With that in mind I might try and move the tent in the living room and reclaim my bedroom :sweat_smile:
I have 2 breaker circuits to choose from and would definitely keep my grow op more safe for me and anyone worrying for my safety. I know not to go above 80% load.

The only issue is I can’t explain away the vent tube, so it can’t go outside. I’m perfectly fine with my house Having a way to warm up a bit and keep humidity at a level that’s good for my allergies :mask:

I’ll do a load calculation once I can get the specs of my fans, lights, and humidifier all put together

1 Like

You could if you disguise the exhaust

1 Like

I had forgotten about that page​:sweat_smile: thank you for reminding me about this :blush:
I’ll still get questions about why my heat is on and a window is open. I think my best bet is a false AC exhaust I can put in the hole in the wall. Tbh that hole sucks. In both meanings. All the heat in the house escapes through there and comes in through the kitchen floor vent and the intake in the hallway floor. In cold months all the cold air seeps in through it as well making the heater work that much harder

1 Like

No problem! I 1st saw it somewhere else though can’t remember where so did a quick search and that page came up :stuck_out_tongue: Alternatively, you could disguise it as a dryer vent

1 Like

Sadly that wouldn’t fly either. Now that they pay the electric I’ll be best off spoofing a AC on the spot made for one. Feels too perfect of a spot tbh otherwise I have to work on a way to get it out the crawlspace

1 Like

After reading through this last bit with the lights, I’ve become even more grateful for the sun. lol

5 Likes

Completely unrelated to this, but I had forgot to mention on your other post at the time. Whenever you are having issues with the stepdad and shower problem, you can always fill the tub with cold water then boil 2 large pots of water on your stove and add. I took some really nice baths like that a few years ago when my water heater went out on a friday night.

2 Likes

I don’t have any large pots. I can boil 1 gallon of water at a time and by the time I get 4 gallons in it’s ice cold😅 that tub is brutal when it’s cold

1 Like

Thrift stores!! :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Honestly I don’t have to wait forever. If I bug my dad he’ll finally be around soon. He’s been working though, so I’m trying not to annoy him.
He wants to have me install my own water heater, so he’s been bringing me on jobs occasionally.

1 Like

I have 2 gallons of distilled water this time instead of just 1 gallon. I learned my lesson there and got more than I’ll need in case I have to mix more for any reason. I’ll mix up s gallon with 6g as they seem a little light now that they’re working on new leaf growth :sweat_smile::blush: indigo already caught up to Zeke and Daisey. I’ll have to think of a pot for indigo to go into as I didn’t think of her next pot in time. Should I go 1 gallon next or what size would be recommend for them? Worst case scenario I make her a new pot if I need to do it now​:sweat_smile: what should I do as the leaves have reached the width of the pot now

2 Likes

Should be watering day tomorrow or the day after. Daisey seems to be almost finished drinking and Zeke has some left to go after that last watering until runoff. It didn’t seem to slow them down at all and with the 2g per liter ratio they perked up nicely last time in color and stopped being stunted from plenty of water, but not enough nutrients available. Indigo has been watered until runoff each watering
GSC I’ve been more gentle with and watered until just before runoff after a few waterings at a teaspoon of runoff until I found out what they want.

How much Epsom salts should I add per gallon to balance out the megacrop magnesium content? Stick to my 0.30g per liter ratio? Should be slightly above 1g per gallon if the ratio I’ve been using is okay. I haven’t used it in a bit though. Last time was when Zeke showed true leaves and growth started to pickup once the soil acclimated, so I’m not looking to add too much to my soil if I don’t need any again yet. Now that all of them are showing true leaves I’ll have to find out who sips and who chugs nutes. GSC is looking light and it’s hard to say if the red stems are genetic or a deficiency as I’m starting to see some red leaf veins confusing me now😅
Diana has a bud not getting enough light that’s going to be one of if not the only popcorn bud. She has stopped focusing on lower growth and back on her buds.

After mulling it over Zeke is now Zelda.

Enough talk I’m out of stuff to say now😅
Time for pics

Diana

Daisey

Zelda

GSC

Indigo

Garlic

Hygrometer

3 Likes

@MomOnTheRun order placed and now we wait for the QB to arrive. Luckily I have a excuse for the packages. She had packages go missing at her place, so easy reason to get them here. Uses either of my 2 names I use she wants that makes sure they arrive here without any stupid mix-ups, lost packages, or stolen packages.

I made sure it was the v2 120s that we got

Also is there a reason I shouldn’t run all 5 boards at a lower wattage? I’ve seen that low watt QB seem to show higher par rating. Just checking before I do what I shouldn’t. Thinking of it now it can only handle 4 in parallel right? :sweat_smile: That would be a unsafe usage of electricity if it can’t drive 5.

1 Like

I have always read 1 tbsp per gallon, although I was told that’s too much. Therefore I’m doing more research as well… I haven’t came to any conclusions yet. Good luck with the no cigs thing bro! I quit a year and a half ago by switching to vape. It was the best thing for my health I’ve done in awhile. Its hard at first because they put so many addictive chemicals in cigs, it’s not even nicotine you crave! Its bullshit. But really congrats bro. It’s a big step.

2 Likes

If I do end up smoking it’s Ryo with no chemicals added. Usually reservation tobacco. I’ll spend the extra cash for a less addictive product that hits my craving with less worries. Most of the time my vape works though. On other times I dab using my nectar collector

I use my rig for pain and my NC for when I want to smoke. 1 rig dab spreads out over about half a day with this lovely piece

2 Likes

Right on! I believe you will be much happier

The QB120 V1 I sent is low watt at 60w…the big driver will run 4 at 60w each so they are already under powered as they can be driven up to 75w with no issue. Sooooo you’ll have 4 with the big driver and a single on its own driver for 300watts total with the 5 which is enough to flower 10 sq ft (30wsq ft)

1 Like

Not bad at all😊 once I can manage the other Half of the boards I’ll upgrade the tent to a full quantum board setup. Head pounding, but I’ll do my best to keep the update tonight. Apparently I caught what has been going around and I feel like something has been on my face for the last 2 days now

2 Likes