Oni's 2nd grow. Lessons learned

Its a lot to take in though the most cost effective that I have found so far…all except for the Infra red though far red is pretty darn close.

Idk about the garlic though imho, Indigo looks fine to me…on her way to asking for rehydration in the next day or 2. Daisy, Zelda and GSC needs some nitrogen though with an up pot in the near future for GSC and Indigo

1 Like

I’m honestly probably just going to harvest the garlic now and put indigo in the orange pot there. I saw on bottom of GSC soil is a large mycorrhizae colony. I’ve watered GSC, indigo, and Diana. Just plain water this time as I need to get a good mix in. I’ve tried mixing heavy with them and the issues seem to persist if not get worse, so I’m not sure what it is TBH. Though I do know my soil is very fungal dominant for sure​:sweat_smile: plenty of mycorrhizae and possibly even from last grow helping the new one. It’d be nice :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Now for tonight’s pics. I’m waiting for them to adjust to the water before new pics.
Diana

Daisey

Zelda

GSC

Indigo

The plants are definitely drinking more easily. The soil became hard and crusty down to the bottom. I can’t rely on previous estimates rn and watering habits will have to change. I’ll water from the bottom if possible as I’m terrible at dripping 1 drop at a time and waiting for 5 minutes to watch it go down. Not literally, but it does take a few minutes to head down sometimes and I usually have to start with a spray bottle and very small amounts of distilled water dripped on top to start. It seems I have dry pockets is what I’m trying to say.

2 Likes

As promised here’s the last pics of the night.

Diana

GSC

Indigo

@MomOnTheRun still the same conclusion on deficiency issues? Just checking to be safe on the next watering. I haven’t watered Zelda or Daisey yet. I see them with the leaves angled up now.

Also indigo has perked up slightly after watering. Not sure what’s going on with her

2 Likes

Yeah. They all look nitrogen deficient in this last batch though be careful with Diana as she could be at the eat self stage though she looks pretty young still. Idk. I am still learning and practicing with auto’s.

3 Likes

IDK how much longer autos can get tbh :sweat_smile:
@ReikoX this is one of yours what’s your input here? I thought she was supposed to be harvested soon. My calendar says the 27th is her 10 week mark from sprout

Depends. Some say 8 weeks while others say 10 - 12 though I was reading on AFN that if you want to get them bigger then don’t start flowering formulation(s) until bud set which is ~6 wks and if you want to keep them small then start flowering formulation(s) just after showing sex ~3-4 wks so I am sure that can have an affect on her as well as, not getting enough light until now so she is definitely behind

1 Like

True. I was able to get her a better home and environment first at least. No word from my dad on work in awhile, so I’ll be out tomorrow looking for something at least part time for now.

Oh yeah😅 @MomOnTheRun should I topdress now for Daisey and Zelda while I mix up a fertilizer mix for them? I’ve been spacing out half asleep tbh, so I forgot to make the foliar like a putz😅
Knowing myself I have to wait until I’m awake in the morning to do it or I’ll do something wrong while I’m nodding off standing up. 3am is usually my crash time.

Also I did notice that consistently when it’s nearing time to water I can’t keep the humidity much higher than 15-30% it’s not a reliable check, but it’s at least something. I should invest in a moisture meter for the plants. If only there was a kind that could measure multiple ones at once😅 that’d be great for my wallet, but on a positive note my friend is definitely in for helping me out this grow. Even if the autos will end up harvested by then I’ll still have the photos I’ll be keeping in veg until I pretty much have to flower them. Ideally it’ll be when he can buy me a new set of lights. I definitely need some more Support bars for stabilized hang points as you see in my earlier pic it is starting to look like a spider web up there.

Oh yeah before I forget there’s some 4 row led strips I’ve been seeing lately and all I can think of is that I want to make a light from them😂

1 Like

Go ahead and mix them up, get some sleep then filter out the ewc (sprayers hate the stuff), put the ewc slurry around the soil and foliar feed just after lights out…next Mega Crop day the ewc will filter through the soil

Awesome!

Just a bit…you’ll get it figured out :wink:

Cool…do you have a link?

2 Likes

IDK if anyone has made them waterproof yet though

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/led-strips-and-bars/2835-white-high-cri-led-strip-light-bright-quad-row-led-tape-light-24v-ip20-1317-lmft/3658/7667/

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/led-strips-and-bars/2835-white-high-cri-led-strip-light-bright-quad-row-led-tape-light-custom-length-24v-ip20-1317-lmft/3616/7827/

I think I waited too long to mix it up, so I’m going to crash and mix up everything before I head out for a bit tomorrow to grab rye berries and an Amazon gift card should I find out they’re not in stock locally.

Night :sleeping::zzz:

2 Likes

Oh I saw those on a giant dollhouse at the local Science and Tech fair last year…it was really cool how they programmed them for different spectrum’s. Personally, I wouldn’t waste my money as there are much better options out there

Night! Sleep Well!

1 Like

Hey @OniTenshu
where you mention remote monitoring, some of us use sOnOff equipment. they offer remote temp and humidity monitoring as well as on/off combination switches and plugs in banks of 1 2 or 4, you can set timers, schedule for on and off and scenes based around turning one or more switches on or off based on conditions recorded by another device, ie turn on fans at 25c or turn on my humidifier to maintain RH between 60-70% etc, turn off my tank heater at 24c, turn on my dripper for 15minutes every 6 hours,…all this is managed via a smartphone app

Tent looks like its getting there lighting wise :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s almost to the finish line. So close :sweat_smile:
How does the humidifier part work? I assume it’s a system hooked up to a humidifier rather than one that has one in it.

we have a TH16 sensor for temp & RH and you can set levels for it to automatically switch on a connected device, in my case a humidifier or on another TH16 I have a heater in my nutrient reservoir…

1 Like

2 Likes

O think I’m seeing that I’ll need to get a humidifier in my main part of my house as well. With it circulating so fast that the humidity won’t stick around easily

Not a challenge for me in the UK its pretty damp here in winter :-), I only need the humidifier in my cab until the plants are a reasonable size then the problem will reverse itself, so I have a fairly high capacity de humidifier in my shed which extracts up to
5 litres every day, in late veg / flower

1 Like

Dayummmm that’s a lot of water at once
:sweat_smile: This has been sitting in reply limbo for a bit now :sweat_smile: my friend stopped by and smoked me up.

1 Like

Here’s today’s pics. Daisey is showing sex now. Top is throwing out pistils now.

Diana

Daisey

Zelda

GSC

Indigo

Group Shot

Hygrometer

Now I’m gonna go and mix up the ewc mix and get that ready for later.just gotta scroll up😅

2 Likes