ORANGE smell and taste

Had some bud a friend gave me that smelled and tasted of orange :tangerine: it had a very nice happy uplifting high. He didn’t know what strain it was but I would love to grow something like this if anyone has any suggestions

4 Likes

I’ve grown zkittles auto from fastbuds. It has a real pleasant orange peel citrus smell. A pretty good high aswell

4 Likes

Dinafem Orange Juice is a great strain.

Also, Critical has always had an orange smell to me.

5 Likes

Last summer I grew some Tangie x Orange Sunshine which provided buds with an amazing orange, zesty flavor. Real nice high also. These seeds were provided by @Scissor-Hanz.

I have since been tempted to get some Tangie seeds and give them a run.
I have a hunch that they would offer a big snoot-full of orangey, delectable goodness.

7 Likes

Agent orange from mz jill or TGA depending on how far back you want to go. Orange velvet underground from ethos. Orange star from LEDseedz. Some phenos of tangie. Off the top of the dome.

7 Likes

Orange sunshine or orange goji are another couple to consider.

7 Likes

I’m on a serious orange bud hunt obsession now :joy::joy::joy:

8 Likes

Tangerine Haze is prob my favorite orange type. I have not had the chance to ever have it, but the Useful Seeds - Bag of Oranges has many fans. It’s been out of stock, but just today DCSeedexchange may have put them up because Useful Seeds logo was on the email.

3 Likes

Kool & the Gang said you should “get down on it”. I have the seeds I need with more on the way, but damn. Useful Seeds has a very good reputation too.

6 Likes

That sound pretty legit…i need some orange in my life. Next grow I’m all over it!!!

3 Likes

I’ll add Jilly Bean (same orange velvet parent)

3 Likes

Orange Creamsicle by MTG seeds.
Like driving through the groves of Valencia in spring.

2 Likes

I’m a sucker for tangie Its amazing how it tastes of oranges and tangerine. Very lifted high,…love that tangie.

5 Likes

Thanks guys…didn’t realize there were that many orange strains. I can’t wait

3 Likes

Ive got orange blossom special from greenprint- supposed to be pretty orangey, Idk I haven’t run it yet.

3 Likes

From the Oldies But Goodies drawer is California Orange/CaliO.

8 Likes

Didn’t someone here run a tangie in dwc and pull over a pound, no problem?

1 Like

Old school indeed Buzz. That is the parent of a lot of these strains. I believe the Orange Velvet TGA used/uses is a Cali-O selection.

4 Likes

The evolution of Cali-O has been so interesting. What I used to get in Victorville 1995 used to be so hairy red and dark green. We used to do stupid shit like collect the pistils till we had a bowl. You could see trichomes on the leaves and that was crazy to me at the time, then every couple of years you would see an improved version in every way. And now these varieties are probably more than I can imagine.

7 Likes

Is the real Cali-O clone only, or are there seeds to be had? Is there a particular breeder’s version that’s good? I’ve wanted to try it for a long time. A guy was going to gift me a cut, but he passed before we could make it happen.

7 Likes