Organic Adventures

He seems to know his shit lol he was talking about how Red Wigglers had been breed in the 60s or something to get the world’s best compsting worms. Kinda how cats/dogs are crossed to get new breeds. :thinking: was too much info for me to take in :laughing:

3 Likes

I just wanna be a good Worm daddy hahhaa.
Feed the worms, make that poop :poop: and grow the garden.

3 Likes

Nice… :rofl:

I’m sure you’re gonna do great. As long as you keep them fed, and watch the moisture content, they will do fine. It’s just about like plants, with less maintenance and bitch yellow leaves.:wink:

4 Likes

One thing I would suggest is adding small amounts of things that you’d ordinarily put in your soil to the worm feed. Rock dust, gypsum, kelp etc etc.

3 Likes

Cool thanks. I’ll do that :wink:

4 Likes

Hey everyone, My new friend @TheWormGuy is here :wink: Badass. . Welcome Brother.

Not sure how far along you are on getting started on your first grow, but OG is the place to be, tons of awesome people with tons of knowledge… You need anything, let me know. This is the thread I’ll be using to showcase the Red Wigglers from you @TheWormGuy … I hope I can be a good Worm daddy 🪱

7 Likes

Welcome to the best community in this solar system @TheWormGuy . I think. I’m sure you’ll fit right in. :wink:

6 Likes

Welcome to OG @TheWormGuy. Look forward to seeing your worm bins.

7 Likes

Added more Shredded Cardboard to the worm bin and mixed up the soil and gave it a light watering. It wasn’t bone dry or really wet. More like a run-out face cloth. The banna peel I chopped up was black and worms are balled around it. :wink:

5 Likes

Try tomato, pumpkin or watermelon…
Worm orgy central! :rofl: :+1:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

I’ll try that for sure.

1 Like

Haha thanks man!!

11 Likes

Holy crap, ya made it :wink: @TheWormGuy

3 Likes

Pulling up a chair, this should be a great show. Love watching no till gardens, you guys will be the guys we be running to for weed if the world ever turns to shit :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Can’t wait to see you have everything up and going.
I may have missed it, but may I ask what strains you’re going to be growing out?
Best up luck​:v::v:

1 Like

Welcome @TheWormGuy !

:seedling: :green_heart: :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

Checked on the Worm Bin today:

Soil felt a little dry, but the worms look happy and are not tryin to leave and are staying under the soil during the nights :wink:

So I gave them a feeding;
Egg shells
Bannana peel
Strawberry :strawberry:
Sweet pepper
Green pepper
Tomato :tomato:
All chooped up and frozen.
I mixed in some Dry Neem Leaves a few days ago as well…

Also gave them a sprinkle of water to get things nice and moisty…

10 Likes

To my surprise all the food was GONE already …

Re up the frozen food, ( there is a pile of frozen Bannana and strawberries under that tomato) a water sprinkle and added more Shredded Cardboard, they love that stuff…

8 Likes

@TheWormGuy how do I order some? I’ve been wanting to vermicompost for years but have never started!

4 Likes

Watching along :call_me_hand:t4:

2 Likes

Looking great @CADMAN On track of getting some worm gold right there !

Tip; those huge ass zucchini that everyone gives away In the summer and are only good For making bread ? Freeze them , thaw them and put them in the bin ! Avacado tech orgy hotel? How about an orgy squash hotel?

12 Likes