Organic hydro 🤔

Im trying to figure out a way to do some organic hydro. I know it can be done with the use of a bio filter but have been unable to find useful info about it.
Any info would be amazing as i would like to try and create a all organic fed dwc setup eventually through trial and error
Much love in the garden everyone

2 Likes

Hi MinirKush, what I’ve heard is that hydro and organics doesn’t go along very well, I don’t know if the reason is because they attire pests, let’s hear more opinions … :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Ive heard its a availability issue organisms breaking down the nutes to make available to roots ive seen organic nft on a jorge cervantes video but he pretty much just mentioned the bio filter and moved on. I feel like it should be possible just need to figure it out :joy:

Hmmmm i wonder… Could i just place the organics into fine mesh containers in the reservoir almost like making a compost tea

Im sure you could do hempys with teas. Just take a lot of time

1 Like

Plants take in organic nutrients the same as chemical. They just dont depend upon microorganisms and protozoa to break it down to something they can take in. At least rhis is what i read

1 Like

Yes exactly which i think is what the bio filters are for… Just found this on making a “fertilizer” tea that i might try out
https://bioponica.net/2015/07/18/making-compost-tea-and-fertilizer-tea/

1 Like

You could look at Aquaponics and see if that’s the type of bio nutrition your lookin for.

3 Likes

Ive looked into it years ago but feel cannabis needs a bit more then fish emulsions. However those that prefer to live more self sufficient i would say def have an aquaponic system that way you got food to go with your smoke​:camping::national_park::eagle:

2 Likes

Step 1: collect up a bunch of animal shit and mangled up fish remains
Step 2: head up to kitchen and borrow wife’s favorite wooden spoon
Step 3: smoke infinite weed with Jesus

8 Likes

Man thats great… Got me rollin

1 Like

Botanicare, botanicare, botanicare. Great stuff. +1 for me :wink:

What I would like to try, maybe this will fit your bill, is advanced nutrients plus bud candy. in theory you can use their cheap synthetic nutes, mix in some bud candy and their microorganism package, throw that in a brewer for a couple of weeks and kazam, pure organic nutrient goodness.

1 Like

Ive been looking up bioponics and it seems like what you just said

Well the science is sound. Microorganisms convert the “synthetics” into organics. It seems like this is the direction we’re goin but not much publicity on it. A side note alot of the synthetics are just chemically extracted from farm waste.

1 Like

Didnt know that… Ive barely found anything on it myself alot seem to be stuck in the whole its incompatible thought

Yeah alot of the techno farming stuff is pretty hush hush as it’s big business. Take gibberellic acid and the green revolution…it occured in the 60s and mainstream farming is just figuring it out.

I personally think we are about to head into a new, and second, green revolution.

1 Like

I’ve recently started trying out Pure Blend Pro Soil for flowering and so far I’m impressed with how well it works.

But even on my plants I’ve used just the powdered chemicals, when I do recharge, kelp extract, fish emulsion or high n bat guano I just add them straight to the plant and bypass the res. But I run coco dtw so I don’t have the issue of it leaching back into my res.

1 Like

There has been a major movement for sustainable agriculture going that looks promising… For other reasons, farmers and growers are starting to wake up

1 Like