Organically Done Easy Organic Amendment Mix

Has anyone tried this mix before? I remember it working pretty well when I used it a long time ago. But I had nothing to compare it to because it was the only thing they had at my local hydro store. BuildaSoil and KiS seem to really get a lot of praise. So I’m trying to decide which route to go for optimal results.

2 Likes

Dr earth that’s available at Lowe’s home Depot and tractor supply for about 25-30 bucks for 12 lbs(240 gallon coverage)

I don’t see a whole lotta difference, both are just a balanced meal package

Dr earth does add a microbe package too, not sure if that one does

Just my $0.02

4 Likes

Well that’s interesting. So I’m guessing you use dr earths?

Yup, live in a small town area with limited things available, can consistently get a lot of stuff local using that brand like blood meal, bat guano, bone meal, and the veggie/herb and flower girl amendment meal packages and prob some others I’m forgetting. Price point is reasonable too

1 Like

Yeah I’ve heard good things about dr earth actually.

There’s so many choices in organics. I wish some super experienced organics grower could just be like use this :joy:.

1 Like

I found this in southern Ontario:

I’ve bought some but I haven’t tried it out yet.
This is the same as KIS Organics in the States, but produced locally.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

I’ve been growing for a decade bud. This is that organic grower saying use this hahahaha easier to find, great results and price isn’t terrible. I amend my soil in between runs with that package and my gardens get AACT( Actively aerated compost tea) feedings every two weeks

3 Likes

That’s interesting also lol. What I take from that is they both probably work very well then.

2 Likes

Here’s just some of my plants last year running it :wink: I’m in AZ we have several grows a year lol

5 Likes

They both ABSOLUTELY will have great success, pretty much the same thing, down to earth has another version as well that’s essentially the same

Shit. Ok then :joy::pray:.

That’s what I like to hear :sunglasses::man_dancing:.

I figured these cannabis based amendments get a markup purely because of the marker they’re in.

2 Likes

What do you use in your teas?

Any top dressing or just pure teas?

1 Like

In a lot of cases that’s true, but go straight to the ingredients and it don’t lie, when u study basic nutrition for the plants and look at all the different brands and what’s in their mix u start to realize it’s pretty much the same stuff with maybe one or two things different so they arent copying the other guys recipes. But it’s all balanced to accomplish the same end goal for the most part

2 Likes

Depends on the recipe, there is 3, veg, flower, and finishing. Just pure teas based on what cycle it’s in and contents of tea bag gets thrown into my soil catch crate

1 Like

Pretty similar ingredient list…
Anybody that’s going to use good ingredients will be getting it right.

The one thing they told me was Black Swallow’s is Prilled. (pelletized)
This gives you extended storage and shelf-life

Cheers
G

1 Like

You have been more than helpful I appreciate you so much :sunglasses::pray:.

I really wasn’t planning on using any teas for veg really. Maybe a little ewc worm castings once in a while.

But for flower I was looking at an alfalfa, ewc, molasses mix with some rootwise products maybe. I don’t wanna overcomplicate it too much.

So I’ll have to do the kilo conversions lol. And international shipping costs.

But if it’s cheaper than KiS I’d love to try it out obviously.

I think once I get my phenos sorted out I’ll do a side by side with 3 different companies. So I feel satisfied knowing what I’m using works the best.

1 Like

That’s interesting, guess I never even thought of that. My bags hardly last here but I’m also working with 1100 gallons of soil :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

Jesus my brother :joy:!

2 Likes

Earthworm castings are the base of any good tea, u wanna take those awesome microbes give em some molasses to feed on and let the populations explode then dump it on your soil :smiley:

If u want some bomb recipes and some tips how I’ve made em better then just say the word and I’ll shoot ya over the recipes :wink:

3 Likes