Organizing Repro Projects

The last few summers I have been trying to reproduce/F2 a pack or two from my collection. I started off with some of the older packs in my collection, but I got through the obvious ones I wanted to be sure to deal with and am now looking at my list and trying to figure out where to go from here. Obviously there are a number of people on here who have been up to similar projects, any advice on how you decide what pack to take on next?

4 Likes

I try to set it up so the next strain on the list would pair well with keepers from the previous run

Lifesaver seed run, kept 2
Orange "calio seed + cuts, kept 2
Sour strawberry + cuts, kept2
Skunk seed run + cuts
Hashplant seed run + cuts

Etc

So there’s preservation going on and personal projects moving too

9 Likes

I’m back to thinking about this topic again, I chopped two seeded (F2s) plants a couple days ago, and I’m thinking about what I might try next growing season.

I’m trying to keep plants alive over the winter, so far they’re still alive but it hasn’t gotten really cold yet (will get down there overnight a few nights this week).

As for next year, I have a list, but I keep noticing other people are already doing F2s of the same packs (mostly thinking of Mountain Temple), so why bother, and I can’t quite settle on a plan. Or maybe I have a plan but it seems a bit daunting and I’m trying to talk myself out of it (Rajasthani Space Probe could take up an entire summer).

1 Like