Original C99

I bought the original Bros Grimm C99 back in 2001. For the last 22 years I’ve had one been in my seed collection in the fridge, I planted it 16 days ago not expecting it to pop but to my surprise! it popped! Gonna grow it outdoors and pray its a girl to splash with Silver Thiosulfate. If I succeed and get enough fems off her I will be glad to share them with any off you veteran overgrowers! I dont know how the remade C99 is or how close to the original it is but this will be fun. I made some worthy crosses with her in the past, never disappointed. Peace!

95 Likes

I have a few of the original bro grims myself and also have homemade crosses …

48 Likes

I have a bit of f4 I did with a pk of f3 from relic.i ve found pineapple, grapefruit, and some green dankish phenos in them easily

9 Likes

Very cool dude! :ok_hand: Even if it’s a male, you can reverse it with florel and you’ll end up making regular seeds (with some duds) I’ll be watching this one for sure

3 Likes

Best of luck! I’ll be following.

If your ever curious to see a really good Cindy 99 I mean a real good one that will bring out the racey holy shit sweats go take a look at Fleur De Mal seeds by @Baudelaire .Primo seeds and killer freebies.He has a new Ortega out too that is with a look at as well as Oldtimer1 ESB

16 Likes

Love me some Cindy 99. Good luck to ya.

4 Likes

Ooh original C99. When I first started reading OG back in early 2000, C99 was “the one”.

Sativa high with short flowering time, and pineapple phenos?!?!

I’m sure many more like me will be watching closely and hoping you make some seeds.

If you do get a male, let me know I’d love some pollen!

I have some quicksilver going now for a seed run and it’s 50% c99. I took clones so it would be fun to pollinate some of these with the original c99 pollen down the road.

Sending good vibes your way!

15 Likes

Ooooh Ortega huh? Sweeeeet!

2 Likes

Very cool and most definitely worthy of preservation. That’s awesome I love hearing stuff like this. Got my fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:t2: while I sit back and enjoy the show.

3 Likes

I had the Pineapple Pheno years ago from some Mosca beans. Made a bunch of F2’s and lost em to the freezer.

1 Like

Never know what that out of the vault stuff will produce. I am pulling for the best outcome for you and will be following! :fire::sunglasses::clap::facepunch:

1 Like

Good luck! This will be fun to watch.

If making pollen using chemical methods I read LED light is not recommended

From the man’s own freezer from a bunch of beans that were literally frozen in time.Will be getting a pack of these with Oldtimers ESB to keep in my vault

4 Likes

Nice! Watching, and best of luck

Definitely will be following along for this one I remember the c99 back in the early 00s and absolutely loved it had some pretty damn good packs make it to Florida from Cali a few years back not sure the breeder but they did a killer job
Sending the headiest of vibes to all my fellow overgrowers. Cain wait to see some bud pics n smoke reports :fire::fire::fire:

2 Likes

I wish you success!
I also agree with the opinion about the need to preserve the male plant (if it suddenly happens). I currently have 4 girls and one boy c99 plants (Brothers Grimm 2016). It would be interesting to see a C99 (2016) x C99 (old school) cross.

6 Likes

I also made some seeds from around the time of the original release,I grow them every year and it is still one of my favorites. It’s hard to find a strain that will work outdoor where I live that has a quality high.

32 Likes

Nice tree @Buzz !
In your area, is late season rain / humidity a concern and if so, how does she do? Any powdery mildew or bud rot resistance?

That’s cool you made more and keep it going all this time! Do you grow sensi or have you made a few more generations of seeds along the way?

2 Likes