Original Overgrow Website

Hi guys,

Do any screenshots from the original website exist? I remember that even in 2003 it felt ahead of his time. Do we know what code it was built on? Would it be possible to replicate the look and feel of the original?

3 Likes

Stuff is gathering here I think.

99%

6 Likes

Hi @AK_Toker , sure there are some screenshots, for example here and we’ve got the code available. Platform used was vBulletin, but that is no longer leading-edge technology. Rest assured that current platform that we use is much better because it allows mobile devices, endless scrolling with timeline and uses a bunch of other modern must-have approaches and features. The result is that it is a lot faster, can be maintained and governed by community itself. I’ve summed up most reasons here.

But we are trying our best to replicate the look and user interface to be comfortable. The feel is much more about members of the community and sense of friendship :slight_smile: than the software used …

You can read more about modern trends of communities I wrote in some older topics:

8 Likes

Hey @LemonadeJoe Do you have any other screenshots available or would you be able to give access to the code? It’s for a very very special project :wink:

4 Likes

Hello @Weedmaps!

Thanks for sharing details about the project privately :slight_smile: Truly very special for OG fans… I’m looking forward to public uncovering…

I’ll send you by email what I’ve found and I hope it can serve your purpose well :smiley:

4 Likes