Other_barry and the Ogreberry Chronicles (Adam's Winner)

Alright Ladies and Gentledudes,

I put 2 of these beans into damp makeup pads yesterday, and today they have little tails. I moved them into RapidRooters, and into their tote.

This run, I am going to try using Jacks again. Had a stoner moment and did the initial seedling nutes with GH, but I will switch to Jacks on the next fill.

The new ph pen shows a vastly different value than my previous pen, so I am hoping for much better results.

I cleaned up the tote, but there is some sort of salt or something on the lid, and in the tote, that would not scrub off :{

24 Likes

19 Likes

Which Jack’s products are you running? I was looking at it but their customer service email is useless. Sent them 2 requests for info but got ignored :frowning:

4 Likes

Same here. I told them I wanted to make sure I was buying the correct items. Usually $ motivates. lol

For now, I just went with Part A, Part B, and off brand epsom salt.

I went with Amazon because the savings on shipping was incredible. It looks relatively similar if you just look at the pricing on their site. They getcha with the shipping costs.

7 Likes

Call Indoor Farmer in Kitchener Doug. They carry Jacks and can probably answer your questions.

4 Likes

Yeah, my questions were about their tap version. It’s a one part instead of 2 but the feed schedule shows multiple products. So many versions of their stuff I was just trying to figure it out. They speak about their customer service in all their videos but sadly when you reach out all you get is cricket sounds.

Thanks @Floyd , will give them a shot.

Thanks for the links @other_barry

3 Likes

The RO version also shows additional products, but I was advised by a friend who is more familiar that those (at least the ones shown on this feed schedule) are not necessary

3 Likes

Ah front row seats! this is exciting! :fire:

2 Likes

So that’s the RO version you are using without the Bloom and finish? I am looking to use the tap since my RO setup wastes so much water.

2 Likes

Yeah. I was hoping to use tap as well, and likely the issue I experienced in my trial was caused by a ph pen that was badly out of calibration, but it’s gonna be a bit before I try that again.

I grew up on Pennsylvania well water, so I haven’t ever been able to stomach the Arizona tap water. I won’t make my cat drink it, and would feel badly giving it to a plant :rofl:

4 Likes

Lol, our water is not so bad. I used to use RO but my last few runs were with tap and it worked out well. It just bothers me to waste so much water.

1 Like

I totally agree. That is a huge downside that comes with RO.

2 Likes

Grow green Michigan has nice discounts and free shipping on Jacks

1 Like

Thanks, I will check them out when its time to re-up :slight_smile:

I’ve been trying to shift away from amazon, at least a bit, but most often the savings are just too much to ignore.

4 Likes

Sorry everyone is having troubles with their cust service. I’ve had amazing experience with them. I just got a water test done and they said stick with the 321. I am just now trying out the blossom booster and finish. I did notice a difference last round with the finish. Our City water is 140ppm(.5 scale) and 9.0ph. Only thing close to being over is chloride.

3 Likes

I will say its probably been over a year since I tried to reach out. Maybe they have gotten better since then. That’s pretty awesome that they got you that sort of information back.

4 Likes

Yeah 40$ isn’t bad at all. To know what you really have in your water.

2 Likes

They have not gotten better, totally sucks. Even their schedule says that customer service is where they shine, just call or email. I emailed, waited 5 days and emailed again. That was 2 weeks ago, not one response. I am sure it would be fine if you called them but stil annoyed me to be ignored twice for so long. The place Floyd gave me has the stuff in stock and if I grab tap, bloom and finish its free shipping plus 10% off for first purchase. May give it a shot.

4 Likes

Sounds like a great deal. I hope it works out well for you!

4 Likes

Thanks bud, I pulled the trigger. Was around $126 for the Bloom, finish and tap delivered. Will give it a try and see how far 1kg bags go. I already have Epsom salt. Fingers crossed, have only ever used GH.

7 Likes