Ottafish’s seed giveaway to members, who will grow them and document

I had found a list of organic amendments on the USDA website which listed a bunch of materials and what they were comprised of nutrient wise but now the link says page not found. I suppose If one really wanted to do this they could make the castings per nutrient and then mix accordingly.

3 Likes

I think clones are a good idea even if you toss them later. I don’t know how many plants I’ve grown and wish I’d kept a clone…

3 Likes

Yeah that’s what I was thinking! I completely relate. Soo many over the years that I wish I would’ve cloned n kept around.

2 Likes

Still thinking about… it would be very interesting to make a compound this way, but it would be a lot more work!!!
For me, time and space would be the biggest obstacle…
Soon some company appears doing this and taking money from growers, as I have never seen anything like this.

3 Likes

https://digitalcommons.usu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1001&context=cpl_nutrients

1 Like

Day 23

No nutes, Only tap water.

(SB x LA) x GTH

Sugar Belts x (PR x BV)

17 Likes

Had two babies pop up yesterday. Moved under the led, hopefully have some more by end of the week. Beautiful looking plants Otta/guys!!

16 Likes

They got topped, now let’s hope for roots from the cuts. Might throw the cuts into flower under a clamp light so we can see what we’re working with :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Hello OG
Hope everyone is doing great.
Looks like we are ready for a party.
3 females 100% sure 2 sb and 1 NGxSB
1 that I am about 80-90% sure it is female.
I live in Vegas so I will gamble with her :joy: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl:
So it looks like 3 SB and 1 NGxSB for a total of 4 plants going in to the 5x5 flower tent this weekend.
I just topped all 4 of them and I will transplant this weekend.
Let’s gooooooo!!!

18 Likes

Beautiful plants, Super healthy! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Its getting fun now :grin:
Topped yesterday ( photo from yesterday). They will get flipped next wednesday.
I will do a more thorough update on them tomorrow. Hope everyone had a great day!

15 Likes

Nice bro! Those are going to be some nice big plants! I can’t wait to see the buds you pull!

5 Likes

Two more babies (one top left) looked to have popped. I potted up the first two la x sb x gth seedlings into a landscape potting mix from a landscape yard.

This mix consists of cow compost, mushroom compost, rock minerals, gypsum, humus and coir peat/pith. Ph 6.6-6.8, and yes I do like my mulch!

12 Likes

A little update.
Of the two I soaked. Two opened and one unknowingly died. Unsure why but the other one if living nicely

10 Likes

Sugar Belts x (PR x BV)

Day 26

A

B

C

D

E

F

(SB x LA) x Ghost Train Haze

A

B

C

E

D

F

16 Likes

Sounds like a solid mix! I’m excited to see these little babies take off.

1 Like

Looking good bro! Are you going to mainline them?

2 Likes

I haven’t mainlined before. I’ll tye down or stake the branches to open up the plant and let continue them grow up on their own. I may try to mainline in the future. :vulcan_salute:

Also just realized my timer failed and was on at least two days straight. Back to manually turning lights on for a couple days.

4 Likes

The topping didn’t slow them down, very lively n vigorous!

16 Likes

Hello OG
Hope everyone is having a great day.
Well these plants were well over due for a transplant.
Started noticing a bit of yellowing on the half part of the plants a bit but nothing on the new growth so let’s hope nothing develops from here.
They should be much happier now with the transplant.my ppms /440 ppmsare pretty high and I am not using an RO system this grow so I wonder if that could be the issue.
I will move in to my 5x5 and hook them up to my autopots this week.

14 Likes