Outdoor autowater raised beds for veggies

Iv been bitching about a veggie garden for a few years now and expecting the Mrs to back off on some… I’d just run peppers and tomatoes if I had my way. She likes her low height Bush string beans.

So she showed me this.

Anybody use something similar? This would help us both and make weeding much easier, and i might even stick an auto in one or two.

Wondering what my medium choices could be. Iv been unlucky with thrips coming from bagged medium of late so I’m considering options.

4 Likes

That seems too good to be true. I see how large that bed is, think about the weight of that volume of soil or any wet media, and imagine the bottom falling out, or the legs buckling. I use grow bags in saucers and bottom water. I do use bagged soil, and dry amendments on top as needed. I have never had a bug issue outside related to bagged soil, but maybe all the other outdoor bugs handle it for me haha. No weeds, and peppers love it!

1 Like

That is total BS.
It says selfwatering and the lady in the ad is watering the plants…

If they couldn’t even get that right?

2 Likes

Looks like a larger version of the earth box. A sub irrigated planter. Pretty low price, makes me question the durability.

2 Likes

In most photo’s there’s a big lawn showing… you can just convert the lawn to a garden.
Who the fuck likes mowing lawns anyway. If I had my own place there wouldn’t be a patch of grass anywhere! Saves a lot of money, time and effort, no need for any machine or fuel/electricity or maintainance.

If you sow vetch you don’t need to worry about thrips they’ll stay on the vetch and leave your other plants alone, and with a bit of luck the ants will farm them and keep them docile, and on top of that: vetch fixes nitrogen into the soil. Caterpillars prefer vetch as well.

Covercrops hold so much moisture in the soil, even in a very dry climate you won’t need to water if you sow everything thick enough. All you gotta invest in is a fuckload of seeds of many different veggies, mix them altogether and throw them around by the fistful, then only the best will aways survive.

Harvest only half of what you get and let the rest go back to the soil, then next year you won’t even need to sow, it’ll all just sprout by itself from the seeds that went into the soil from half the harvest you left there. It’s so simple and easy. Every new generation will be stronger and stronger, and more flavourful.

And after sowing once, all you need to do is harvest, for the rest of your life, and your kids lives, and their kids lives… That’s it. You’ll leave behind a legacy of fertility and food security.

I use a variation of this and am quite happy with it
Gardenzz

6 Likes

https://www.scam-detector.com/validator/sheinen-com-review/

Great… I asked the wife if it looked legit. She said if not paypal would reimburse. Think I’ll have her file claim now with that link provided…

I gambled on it, knowing I can contest it with PP if need be.

At that price, it looked shady. You’re getting an AWFUL lot of material for $50 otherwise… At least ya got PP to back you up (and they generally side with buyers so…)

2 Likes

Love this idea!

Where did your payment go?..usually these go to individuals from another country…not a business.
And yes…paypal will refund you. Please check your calendar to see how long that reimbursement takes. Then you will realize why paypal allows these scams. They look great saving the day for you…you are thankful to get your money back, but the reality is that Paypal knew it was a scam already…remember, they never actually paid that scammer to begin with, but they have had that money working for the 3-4 weeks it took them to close the “scam”

Our good pals paypal, hahaha, what a crock of sheeeeeeit.

1 Like