Outdoor soil mix

https://www.teris.co/en/catalog/product/view/_ignore_category/1/id/9873/s/asb-professional-mix-vpw-30/

For outdoor fabric pot grow what is everyones opinion on this mix? My local home hardware has 107L/ 3.8 cu/ft for $25, seems like a good price if its a good mix…

1 Like

Looks fine to me buddy. I’d look further into what fertilizer they added to see if it meshes with your particular style.

2 Likes

That is what confuses me like added fertilizer… I think i am over thinking this honestly but at the same time i don’t wanna fail…

2 Likes

Most of the time when they say added fertilizer it’s at like 1-2% NPK. My concern would be whether it was organic or salt based fertilizer.

3 Likes

And, then, how much?

Often, store soils come with a “minimum charge”, insufficient food to complete a 4 month grow period.

Keep reading. Lots of good stuff on here.

2 Likes

Definitely been doing alot of reading… And yes i agree there is alot of good information and seems like a lot of good people…

2 Likes

I’d think it would be alright like said earlier my thoughts would be leaning to the time release granules often mixed in which like @99PerCent mentioned but then your can find an all around good all organic fertilizers amendments and then start something up like a ROLS method I’d like to see the contents at times and make sure there’s less cheap fillers like wood chips in the mix.

I decided to go with Green world vpw30 rather than non stop over thinking…

1 Like

This vpw30 actually worked really great with my last years outdoor crop, i picked up a bag today gonna use it when i start my 2nd indoor grow, i also picked up a couple bags of sheep manure and thinking i will get some worm castings and mix the 3 of them up and give it a try.

2 Likes

Get a 4 cubic ft bag of medium (5-6 mm) perlite, you’ll be surprised how heavy amended mixes can be.

1 Like

I thought about perlite but wasn’t sure if the vpw30 had enough in it or not… But it makes sense what you’re saying it won’t seem like much once everything is mixed,thanks I’ll definitely be getting a bail to add to the mix.

1 Like

Bagged soil products are always expensive I buy bulk a load of growers mix ultra is $40 dollars a yard . Already has organic amendments when dumped into the truck its hot to the touch . They will deliver transfer loads right to your front door 25 yard loads .lol