Outdoor veggie and herb garden plans

starting my garden stuff from seed tonight

7 Likes

I will be right behind you brother.

4 Likes

I went to the garden shop to get some and they didn’t have them out yet. I am sure they want you to buy seedlings. I just want to do a couple tomato plants.

2 Likes

the typical early girl & better boy didn’t produce for me last summer so I’m doing seeds this year just for the house not a big op

2 Likes

that’s a nice collection of heirloom stuff I had 2 heirloom plants my sister gave me they did the best last summer. I’ve been collecting seeds since last fall I’ve got burned sandwich slicers , American seed delicious, American seed Rutgers & a couple of repunzel climbers foe small salad tomatoes I’m hauling in soil from the San Joaquin delta islands to mix in my potting soil started some Thai peppers & some Caribbean reds as well our soil here is rocky so I’m burying buckets with the bottoms cut out for drainage

4 Likes

I can send you tomato seeds!

1 Like

This year I’m trying something different instead of veggies I’m doing medicinal herbs. :green_heart:

8 Likes

Some neat looking plants in there.

I have some of the Echinacea and some Flax David (white and purple) but that is some collection.

Not too painful a price either.

Hmmm.

4 Likes

Stinging Nettles are a lfeline Medicinal Herb???

3 Likes

Seems to be missing opium poppy…

3 Likes

Yep, apparently it stops bleeding, helps hay fever, and relieves eczema among others.

3 Likes

you forgot menstrual cramps and constipation

3 Likes

Prostate problems too, I just want it for mulch :grin:

3 Likes

I had to buy some seeds to put in my doomsday box
will try and grow em this year

all the neighbours loved tobacco last year
see how they feel about opium lol

2 Likes

I moved this to a seperate topic so as not to clog up @horribleherk56 thread. There is enough here for its own topic.

I’ve never successfully grown anything outdoors, this year I’m going to try.

3 Likes

And who could forget such things?

5 Likes

Good call @ReikoX.

Tried to do straw bales last year for veggies. One worked better than the other three, then a critter shredded it up really well looking for grubs. Got a couple melons and a few green beans to take off.

Hesitant to start anything right now since we might be moving? Makes my thumb hurt thinking about it.

3 Likes

I think I want to build a raised bed around my tree with retaining blocks like what @99PerCent did with his compost pile.

The front yard I’ve been landscaping slowly with native desert plant. Last fall I collected lots of wild grass seeds and bushes for planting this year. Having a lawn in the desert is not very practical.

5 Likes

Soaking some herb seeds in Ful-power. Boy are they tiny compared to cannabis seeds. :laughing:
Yarrow, Official
Tulsi, Temperate
Lemon Balm
Marshmallow
Nettles, Stinging
Echinacea, Purpurea

5 Likes

I’ve got it all together & im gonna finish mixing my dirt tomorrow probably gonna set things out early march

4 Likes