Outside temps and seedlings

I have started this seasons crop and plan on growing them in my greenhouse. My question is, even in the greenhouse the temps drop close to outside temp at night. I’d like to keep the seedlings outside but outside temps will get to about 40F overnight. Is this too cold?

3 Likes

You should be plenty fine, I’m also a greenhouse grower too and just finished up a a run Dec 15th- end of march and the plants weren’t bothered at 28 degree nights

6 Likes

Thanks! Much appreciated!

2 Likes

U got it growmie!
Here’s to a killer season! :beers:

Use a heat mat or some type of bottom heat if possible, at 40F growth may be slowed a bit.
I think plants can usually take freezing temps pretty well, even not in a greenhouse, but frost/moisture is what will kill em fast.

2 Likes

Yeah in the greenhouse it’s protected from frost, and the 40 temp are only for a few hours… maybe 6-8 hours?

2 Likes

How about seedlings in the desert like seeds breaking dirt today? @AzSeaindooin420 @DesertHeartGardens
Also super dry hot wind should I use clear cups or humidity done? Have seedlings from 1-9 days above ground in pots.

Going to be hard for any seedlings in this hot of heat @420noob I’ve had mine established for over a month now

1 Like

Alrighty then! Let’s see what I can pull off.

1 Like

Shade cloth heavy mulch layer keep as moist as possible and big of a pot size as you can @420noob

I e grown many non desert plants in desert. Hell I still have honeysuckle. Got 30% 50-60% and 90%. It’s the only way my melons, grapes, squash and peppers.