Ozzie has another crack at it

Well, a low final yield and the cramped conditions in first go at indoor grow has seen some changes to the room set up. Tray gone and Cooltubes gone. Still 2x600 but turned 90 degrees, extraction overhead and exhausting through 2x150mm ports, air con to be installed, co2 to be monitored. 6 feed tubes to 15L pots run to waste that’s collected before drainage. 4 pots for flower, extra 2 so clones can be taken. Extended veg planned. Running full line up of Cyco nutrients. Only have a few pictures of changes but more to follow.

15 Likes

5 Likes

I dig it serious setup compared to my meager grow boxes cant wait to see it full of flower my friend godspeed and grow on

2 Likes

nice setup for a scrog. removing the glass will help with the light, im liking the setup. are you running the same strains that you did last time?

1 Like

Thanks mate, I’m looking forward to testing it out aswell.

No mate, change of strain. Barney’s farm blue cheese for this run, then Acapulco Gold next run. And will be having a look at scrog this run too.

5 Likes

Nice. I’m in for the show.
Are those nutrifield pots? I’m looking at using them next run (after new years), unless something else catches my eye.
And if you don’t mind me asking, which vendor do you source your seeds from? The majority of reputable vendors knock me back being down here…

2 Likes

Gday Jay. Yeah mate they are the 15L pro pot from Nutrifield. I’m not using the pot stand just pot and bucket and feed ring. Filled with Nutrifield 50/50 coco chips with expanded clay top and bottom. Used pots of about half the size last run and they were root bound to buggery. Local shop has ordered in the Cyco sugar rush full line up of nutrients. I used Nutrifield last time and they were ok, but I’m looking forward to seeing results with this run

1 Like

Intake fan.

1 Like

Extraction fan. Reduced from 200mm to 150mm and centred it over plants.

1 Like

Layout done, some minor plumbing and stuff to do but pretty much ready for them to go in

2 Likes

just the waiting game…all 7 cracked in water so next day or 2 should see sprouts. 5 x Barney’s farm blue cheese and 2 x herbies bulk Afghan OG Kush

3 Likes

Room looks sweet mate. Exciting times ahead.

1 Like

Thanks mate. Yeah good times, love it. And I’m glad there’s a place to share ideas and opinions aswell, especially for blokes like you and I and others who live where governments are putting us on the wrong side of history. It can be a lonely, secretive road to walk when growing. Times are changing, but I fear we’ll be the last to see any real societal change. Like any other issue this country faces the tiny minority have the loudest voices. If you ever find yourself in the south message me, I’ll have a cold one waiting for ya. (Not XXXX, I’ll draw a line on that shit :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

2 Likes

I’m hearing you mate, pretty sure XXXX is brewed in the same contaminated waste containers as VB, and Bundy is the slop left at the bottom of the fermenting bucket, watered down with battery acid
These OG blokes seen fair dinkum, i’ll hang around a while.
We do have some hope with the legalisation process bloke. SA has been decriminalized for donkeys now, and moving there is always at the back of my mind. I wouldn’t move to the ACT for quids though, it’s a target rich environment as they say. Quite a few quacks up here are verbally recommending oil as treatment, but sourcing it is beyond them and left to the patient. I can sniff a change in the wind, i’m thinking maybe another 5 years or so :frowning2:
Sorry to derail your thread brother.

I wasn’t going to do another run before early new year, but the bug bit and that’s where the autos came into it. Next run is rdwc for me, i hate soil growth mainly because of the pest issues. Watching your grow to help decide whether to go the nutrifield system or just DIY, even if our rooms are at opposite ends of the spectrum!

3 Likes

Yeah that’s the part that is most frustrating, everyone who has even taken a mild interest in the science behind its use can see its benefits but everyone’s hands are tied by backwards laws against even testing it properly. Anyway, it’s a can of worms ay!

Yeah rdwc is definitely on my try it list. For the cost the Nutrifield bucket pot combos are worth giving a go. The 27 litre ones. They lift up and if you turn pot in bucket 45 degrees they sit up half way so a good size reservoir in each. I thought about it but it’s major change of set up and I may only get 1 more through before a possible house move as I’m renting and lease up in Feb. but hopefully a resign. Fingers crossed.

Don’t be sorry for hyjack, this what it’s all about. :+1:

1 Like

5 Barney’s Farm Blue Cheese up and going. That would be about 20 from 20 from Barney’s Farm including last run. Can’t really fault that mob.

5 Likes

2 Herbies Bulk Seeds Afghan Kush OG popped up aswell

4 Likes

Few dramas holding me up on this one…time to finish changes is proving difficult. Seedlings have been under fluros for 3 weeks, I’ve had water leaks, had to source an air con, then I find this bastard and his mate making themselves at home. Woolly Aphid? But few more hours and finally it will be lights on…

4 Likes

Hey there @ozzie ,just pulling up a chair mate, grabbing the popcorn and ready to watch the show.

Cheers Johnny

1 Like