Paintedfire studio 🔥 🖌

Do a true SCROG, yields better than SOG, longer veg time, worth it in the end.

Are those in little pots you have to water every day???

3 Likes

BTW Your CCK Mom has beautiful leaf’s and structure. MY personal keeper was way different than her.

1 Like

What do you mean a true scrog? I thought this was. I folded everything under the screen until it stopped stretching. If that’s not a scrog then idk what is.

She’s in a 6 gallon pot this one but she still needs at least 2 full soaks per day. I’m going to get some 10 gallons for next time I try this technique.

Thanks bro. Which pheno was your mother keeper? This one is weird. possible rare 3rd pheno? She’s nothing like anything else from the 2 packs I grew out. Everything else was distinctly Ms Universe or Bubba Kush. Was your keeper anything like these?

Here’s the Ms U pheno I found several times.

I can see why he called her Ms Universe. Man my biggest regret not loading the fuck up on those packs when they were 25 bucks.

And here’s the bubba pheno I found several of as well.

The 2 distinct phenos are even amazingly easy to identify in the males lol

and this is my keeper, the one in veg, found in the last few beans of the 2 packs I bought. She seems like a solid mixture of both parents and has way more smell than any of the other plants I had.

23 Likes

Got the same flopping problem. Gotta set my scrog higher next time.

4 Likes

I think something similar to this may be what he was referring to.

2 Likes

It’s a good problem to have :smiley: :laughing:

3 Likes

@paintedfire420 Oh yes it is exciting seeing the weight of THC pulling down a donkey dick! Haha

2 Likes

thats what i did 202020202020

holy shit dude! That’s crazy that was 12 days? Everybody’s been telling me that I need defoliate some branches nose are so tight have to go Eddie Scissorhands on it LOL you always got something fire popping off don’t you?:call_me_hand:

1 Like

12 days from when I took the picture of the underside.

I’m a fan of defol now. I’ll definitely be experimenting with that technique some more. Thinking I should defol the Doc Holiday x C99 this saturday, day 21, and they might turn out to be some donkey dicks.

Also nice thing about defol is it cuts down the transpiration and humidity a bit. Less plant tissue breathing water into the air.

4 Likes

Some more Big Nose Kate. :pray: for donkey dongs :laughing:

They have stacked wonderfully.

21 Likes

WOW! Yes they have, does not start out much better than that!!! You shall have your wish I would guess!

5 Likes

What you’ve just said about defoliation is the same thing I’ve realised battling humidity this last week!

It’s made a real difference (coupled with a little dehumidifier) and has put my mind at ease in regards to mould. Plus I’m kinda getting some of the trimming out of the way early :slight_smile:

Tx

4 Likes

YESSS I also LOVE the fact that it makes harvesting that much easier! I’m looking forward to harvesting the scrog for that reason. I always dreaded that part of harvest.

And yes the improved airflow is awesome! All around good technique in my mind. It’s my first time but I’ll definitely be experimenting with it more in the future. In the past I was very against it.

4 Likes

I think as long as you have a nice thick covering of leaves at the canopy so minimum light is wasted, you can be kinda ruthless down below. I’ve just been going at them pretty much daily for a few weeks, just a bit at a time so I don’t stress them out, and they love it. You can get rid of the early signs of popcorn bud too and focus everything upwards. That’s what I think is happening anyway, I’m no expert :slight_smile:

Tx

6 Likes

You got it! It does work like that. :slight_smile:

I hate popcorn. Both on plants and at the movies hahaha

6 Likes

Heres a little vid, they go defoliation crazy. I haven’t bought their book or seeds but its a good time lapse video.

7 Likes

Great video @Shadey Thanks for sharing that. I loved the timelapses. :thumbsup:

2 Likes

dude if growing was a Marshall art you be a fucking black belt third degree. You need to patent your name for real that’s one of the best names I’ve heard in for a seed company and It just fits perfectly. It’s always a pleasure to see your plants dude they’re so healthy from top to bottom I did some defoliation as well like I was told my plants needed it they were covering multiple branches that I couldn’t get too since I put the trellis up

3 Likes

Cool video. They really took everything

3 Likes