Peak Seeds BC - Far West Genetics

I plan grabbing his blueberry and some of his kush crosses in the near future.

7 Likes

I went ahead and grabbed both the blueberry and the skunkberry.

3 Likes

His kush crosses are amazing . The cut he uses really is something very special.

5 Likes

For those wondering the Kush cut he uses is a cut of purple kush from way back that was very popular with commercial growers in BC and elsewhere.

6 Likes

Your not helping my itchy seed buying finger over here man.

3 Likes

I know the feeling, just got these in… Getting close to owning the whole catalogue by now.

@Deach69 Thanks. I’ve enjoyed smoking all of those strains, they have interesting effects no bland generic stone here imo.

@Greenhighlander Haze x C99 grew like a dream. I’m a big fan of your Peak journals !

8 Likes

Hmm. Mine came old school style. Plastic corrogated sheets with tiny wood sticks to keep em from getting crushed.

3 Likes

He takes the stealth route for us yankees.

3 Likes

“I like it. I like it a lot.” In my best Jim Carrey impression.

4 Likes

Send him an email, he has a few strains that aren’t listed, and that’s one of them

2 Likes

Yep just bit the bullet and sent him one with all the questions. See what happens.

1 Like

Mike is a really great guy and he does always seem to have some goodies on the go that aren’t advertised on his site.

3 Likes

How’s that NL x Haze from him? Still couchlocky like he says the NL is or is it an upper like the standard nl5haze?

And the pure NL pics still look awful sativa to me, makes me think they’re NL5’s he’s been working this whole time :thinking:

Definitely going to pick up a few things I think…

1 Like

I’m grinding up the last of my nl for comfort cream.
Aint worth smoking, found 1 pheno out of 20 beans that weren’t bad.

3 Likes

His NL is BCSC NL#5 x Hemcy NL worked towards NL#5.

5 Likes

Seems like he told me a couple of years ago that the sweet skunk was his favorite. I never got it yet but have always kept him on my radar.

5 Likes

Ah yep that explains it completely, thank you sir!

Really gonna have to debate on it now. Was thinking of grabbing his C99 and his NL x Haze, and likely something else to make it an even hundo. That sweet skunk does sound real nice. Tho looks like he’s saying you wanna flower it 2 weeks after germination to keep the height manageable, sounds like it’d be fun times :joy:

2 Likes

Its not. It has big fat leaves when you grow it. Also has very low stretch and a decent yield. The high was mediocre but i attributed that to harvesting way too early due to some bud rot i encountered. I’m probably going to run it again at some point to give it a fair chance.

3 Likes

Not sure what haze he’s working with… But it’s not the classic NL x Haze. A recent creation.

I grew just one NL x Haze plant, so your mileage may vary. It had an incredible lemon pine smell. Mild potency but great daytime getting shit done without being too fucked weed. A clean clear sativa, which is what I usually prefer for depression and focus problems. Probably not a good one for the heavy smoker or indica fan.

My Skunkberry had a 3x stretch, wouldn’t be surprised to see the same on the parent.

I haven’t tried the pure NL, saw it described as pretty chill and mellow a few times before and can see that in the NL crosses I have grown. The old treating yourself forums are a good source for info on Peak strains, and there’s a big thread on RIU.

6 Likes

I’m a broadleaf, sedative cultivar kind of guy but I’m going to order some of his Northern Skunk and Sweet Skunk. SS is supposed to be a great breeding plant for making hybrids. From what he told me… “I’ve kept this line quite varied as I hate to loose any qualities until I’ve fully explored them.” So there should be a good variety to select from. I’m glad we still have access to Peak here for the time being.

8 Likes