Peanut Butter Pie

This is Peanut Butter Pie from Raw Genetics I just flipped her. She is a fem reg photo period in cloth 5 gallon pot. She got topped and a bit of lst. a little molasses in reused dehumidifier water fed through top dressed soil and castings once a day and occasional Recharge. She’s been super strong and hearty from day one and a lot of fun so far. I’ll try and update as she progresses

39 Likes

Very nice! Looking forward to this one! Welcome my friend

4 Likes

But what does this smell like? :thinking:

2 Likes

When I rub the stem it smells like a kosher pickle, that’s weird right? A bit like some GMO I got from a dispo once. I’m expecting it will change throughout the process, at least I hope it does.

6 Likes

Had me at pickles, then really had me at GMO :drooling_face: RIGHT UP MY ALLEY! Raw stuff is always raunchy, frosty goodness imho

8 Likes

Gave her a hair styling and blowout for the spring season. Got rid of a few big handful of first month fan leaves. Bud sites are running up and down the length of each stalk so I thought opening them up a little might help toward the end goal. Amazing vigor, speed and shape so I took a few clones fed her a big meal and put her back rest for a few days. I’d like to see what she would be without me doing any training or pruning and then a hydro version. Good times.

9 Likes

This thing turned out clones with four inch roots in seven days. I’ve never seen anything like it. Aero cloner with 1/8 tsp superthrive in the rez changed out with fresh tap water every four days. No chem hormones. Woot! Fun, fun, fun.

The stems have a neat purple stripe on them and all the leaves have a distinctive purple stem.

This plant has a wound on the lowest branch that was from the first weeks that may have caused the plant to grow so big so fast, the constant stress. It still is not healed but the branch seems totally healthy. Really interesting how some plants react positively to stress.

2 Likes

Has gained about a foot in size since the trim and has filled out again. Will get another defol at the end of the month. Feed it, twist some stems and leave it be until then.
Feeding molasses and recommended schedule from website of Sensi Bloom A+B and Big Bud. Thought I’d give it a shot. Plant seems to be tolerating and even enjoying it so far. It really has been at 12/12 for two weeks, I spent a few days walking down from 16/8 so not to anger the plants.

We have some nice flowers started and I am really enjoying the purple stems and purple leaf stems. (notice how this stem is two stems that never fully separated like conjoined twins. It leaves a flat wide stem like a speaker wire, pretty cool.

5 Likes

This plant has stretched to twice it’s pre flower size. She started going real lime green on me and nothing I fed her seemed to change that so I decided that she prolly had too many salts and may have a little problem with nitrogen uptake so I checked the ph of the water in and water out and it seemed in tolerance. So I finally thought it may be salt lockout because I got a little aggressive w the nutes and she is an older plant. So, I gave her a flush and ran three gallons 6.0 ph water through her until she pissed out half of it or more and this morning she looks a bit more green and healthy especially on the lower leaves so I think that was the issue, the buds seem fine and are still growing well, photos to come. Also I think she needs more water when I do feed her, she was in a state of being water deprived but getting enough to get along.

I am working with a big powerful light that is new to me so the green leaves white pistils and light colors could be light bleaching in addition, idk. So, I turned down the intensity a bit. I’m in no hurry so time isn’t a big worry. Take your time.

3 Likes

Clones, discovering a lot about cloning with this plant. It has given great material to work with. I start 5 inches of root in an aero cloner, The cloner has tap water with a 1/4 tsp of superthrive in it changed fresh every four days. I usually get roots in four to seven days and only about ten percent seem to yellow and none have failed to show roots. Moving them to dirt they seem to prefer a small dirt container with air to the roots as opposed to a large pot. Trying a larger pot more clones failed. Probably because they were trying to spread roots at cost to the plant, idk. Also stopped cutting the leaves and have much less clone failure yellowing etc, they are healthier overall without clipping the fan leaves. I think it is a vector for disease when you clip them.

2 Likes

So here we are at about day 30 of flower. The buds are sticky compact, big around as quarters and have white and pink pistils. She is lime green and the Ph is a little hot prolly. oops. I think I will feed her molasses and 6.0 ph water and stop the ferts since we are prolly not uptaking them anyway. I’ll try to hit my drybacks for watering and pray little. The smell is straight strawberry quick right now. I’d like to try her again and pay more attention to the ph. Good thing I have a cut.

7 Likes

I like your entries so far, good work. Keep it up!

Paws

2 Likes

Thanks Homie!

1 Like

For sure man.

1 Like

Even a half assed grow is better than I had it growing up in the 1980’s

14 Likes

Day 45 ish, this plant is turning all the colors of the rainbow, pink, orange and white pistils, the leaves are going lime green, purple, and yellow fades and patterns it is fascinating to watch it do it’s thing. The buds are sticky, thick and have a deep smell of hubba bubba strawberry gum or strawberry quick, that artificial strawberry scent with a smooth floral almost creamy background. Probably more like a cold glass of strawberry quick smell than anything else. I think the UV light could be used to your advantage with this strain since it bleaches out pretty easily. If you applied UV on the last ten days that could possibly get a lot of nitrogen out of the plant and give it a quicker cure leaving the terps safely intact and lots of fun bud colors. Maybe ten more days of straight RO water and that will be a wrap. I’m hoping for a jar or two.

9 Likes

Looking good! We are about the same stage of flower. I’m looking forward to mine expressing some more colors soon. Sounds likes gonna be some good strawberry smoke.

2 Likes

Day 55 looking good maybe another week

20 Likes

Snipped a bud off last week to look at trichs (not steady enough to use the loop on a moving plant doh!) and put it on a shelf. Took about three good hits off the bong once it was dry enough and it is extremely psychedelic for me, did something to my visual processing where I was making out faces in textures, lol, too much for my personal enjoyment. Tried it again and same. I figure it will settle down after a long cure, at least I hope it does cause I can’t use this for meds.

5 Likes

Its a potent bitch eh? Thats always awesome hahaha

1 Like