(complete) Tiger Berry - Chinese Indica Landrace - Preservation Run

Hey OG. Happy New Years. Hope I’m doing this right. I’ve been meaning to do this one for a while and I’ve finally gotten around to it. I was gifted these seeds close to a year ago now. I haven’t been able to find these for sale anywhere, or very much information on them for that matter.

What we know:

This is an unknown Chinese landrace cross, originating in the Namgerville jungle. Supposedly named after tigers due to the large population found in the gorge this strain originates from. This is a high THC strain (supposedly 19-25%), with terps ranging from sweet baking, vanilla oats, to fruity and piney profiles.

That’s literally all I’ve been able to find so far, I encourage everyone following this to try and dig up some more information on this strain for us. When I was gifted these seeds, I was told that it is a light feeder and it is relatively easy to grow. Let’s see if that holds true.

It appears that cult classics released a cross of this strain at some point:

I found a post from Instagram, supposedly a picture of this strain:

Enough background, on to the grow. We went 4/5 on our Tiger Berry germination. For extra fun, I’ve also germinated:

3x Chunky Mint Kush.

These were gifted to me by the same person, this is Uzbekistan landrace x thin Mint Kush. The landrace mother had a strong menthol stem rub as well.

3x Columbian Gum from @LegsMahoney.

We’re 1/3 for germination on these so far. We have no idea what these are but I guess we’re about to find out.

I’m planning on reproducing Tiger Berry, and crossing these strains to each other. I’ve also got some PPP pollen from @DougDawson that’s going to make an appearance.

The seeds were all soaked for 24 hours in dechlorinated tap water and placed into the medium. Medium is old reused organic soil with Gaia green amendments, worm castings, and microbes.

These are a few days old now. One of the Columbian Gum may pop still.

I’m not sure how frequently I’ll be updating this, but pull up a seat and let’s see what these strains have to offer!

Seeds will be made available at the end of this run.

I don’t like to “count my chickens before they hatch”, and have more of these seeds tucked away in case of failure.

Thanks for stopping by :love_you_gesture:

164 Likes

Definitely sounds interesting. I’ll be in the corner, :eyes: and not being creepy…

7 Likes

Hell ya man! Usually all the landrace stuff I see around are Sativa’s usually. Should be pretty awesome to see this play out :+1:

9 Likes

This is an interesting one for sure. I’ll be following along.

5 Likes

Super cool project @BasementBeans I’ll be following along !

7 Likes

Wow… that IG pic is insane. Love learning about new strains from around the world. This will be a fun one!

5 Likes

very cool man, love it!
i’ll be watching and learning!

Happy New Year @BasementBeans and OG!

6 Likes

Super awesome :ok_hand: I’ll be around ,)
Could be something magical

7 Likes

sounds lie it could be something special ill be looking in from time to time.
thanks for sharing the grow

6 Likes

Very intriguing, can’t wait to see these grow.

Found some info

45 Likes

Excellent find thanks for sharing OTUG! These should be interesting.

18 Likes

You’re most welcome, the pleasure is mine. I’ll be sure to post any detailed info I come across.

Thank you for sharing the grow :pray: and I hope you update as often as you can.

14 Likes

Well, the first update is that I’m germing a few more seeds that could be involved.

I’m popping 2x:

Palestinian princess F2 (7eastgenetics) x Raspberry breath (thug pug). The Palestinian princess is also a landrace cross. Let’s get weird.

18 Likes

a bunch of info at this site

13 Likes

Hell yea! Along for the ride here, gotta see what those Columbia’s gum beans are

9 Likes

I’ll be here watching. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Great project here Arriba|nullxnull, following along popcorn, this year the Chinese will have the year of the Tiger, and so will us em198|nullxnull, thanks for sharing and to everyone involved … beer3|nullxnull

Captura

26 Likes

Always been fascinated with what China might be hiding in those land races

12 Likes

I’m gonna pull up a chair and come along for the ride, that is, if you don’t mind :v:t4:

9 Likes

Absolutely, the more the merrier. I hope I can keep this updated!

8 Likes