No-Till Perma Pot: Aurora Borealis auto . Secret Dragon

Continued from my other thread, to make it easier to find grow diaries of these strains.

https://overgrow.com/t/rogue-grows-the-permaculture-way/50034

@Oldtimerunderground @Slick1

13 Likes

Looking good @Rogue hope all is well

1 Like

I’ve got a couple AB seeds floating around, I’ll keep an eye on this

3 Likes

Hell yeah!

1 Like

^ Aurora Borealis auto

^ Secret Dragon . Look at those curves… “That’s sum golden ratio shit, dUde.”

11 Likes

Thanks for the update @Rogue they are really looking happy! :grinning: must be all the local natural stuff you have in those pots they’re starting to tap into.

2 Likes

They’re getting a few hours of sun every day too. :sunglasses:

Watered the NL5xAfghan from the bottom with some pasta water.
The day after it was smelling rank, so that means lots of microbial activity and decomposition going on, haha. Another day later it smelled less, and the day after it was only faint.

2 Likes

Pasta water? I’ve never heard of that. Do you see benefits?

2 Likes

That’s why it smelled.
I cut my pasta/vegetable water 50-50 w/rainwater.
Water from the top.
My mix has no issues with it.
Last time I tried bottom watering the cohabitators in my home objected very strongly as it was water from cooked brussel sprouts.
lol phew!
edit
Actually that water usually goes into my recycled soil mix.

3 Likes

Well, the flowering is going wonderfully, growing faster than I expected.
You could consider pasta water an alternative for molasses. Slow carbs instead of fast carbs.

18 days after flipping to 11/13 and I’m seeing trichromes.

2 Likes

^ Aurora Borealis surged upwards overnight, showing preflowers, so I hooked her down.
Accidentally broke off a branch, I stuck it in a pot with sandy seedling soil, no high hopes, but who knows…

^ Secret Dragon doing great.

10 Likes

Topped the Secret Dragon, didn’t even flinch and is trucking on.
Lower branches shot upwards, all is well with my soul.

4 Likes

IMG_20210619_232427379

^ Secret Dragon, the topping was like a shot of steroids, lol, wtf.

ˆ Secret Dragon again, this is two days after topping, new tops were still needle pins.

^ Aurora Borealis

^ Aurora Borealis, decided to stop holding her down, it felt like she needed her freedom. Feels very stiff and hardy. Like she muscled up from being held down. It’s probably best to do LST only for a little while, so not too much energy is wasted on building fiber. I want strong stems but they don’t need to be able to hold more than their own weight.

Topping seems like it’s the least stressful for the plant.
Imagine getting pinched in the butt for a split second, or someone having their boot in your neck, for days or weeks. Which do you prefer?

Gonna top the next Aurora Borealis I grow because this one looks so strong, and I will remember to do so.

10 Likes

I know everyone says don’t top autos. When I grew them back in the day I ran the shortstuff mix pack. I topped 6 and let 6 go natural, other than 2 main colas and longer side branches and slightly higher yields, I saw no difference. It was just like topping a photo. I did it at the 4th node, so 3 levels were left to grow out.

4 Likes

My first auto grow

You could say I topped a little…

@Rogue the Secret Dragon is killing it! I didn’t make the strain, I didn’t make the seeds, yet I have a sense of pride anyway somehow lol

11 Likes

Still grown by you so that’s all that matters, as at that point it’s your plant.

5 Likes

^ That Secret Dragon is something else. Many vigor, very grow!
Maybe the urine diluted with rainwater has something to do with it… :thinking:

5 Likes

Just went to turn the lights off and the Aurora smelled faintly of wet dog, lol.

1 Like

^ Secret Dragon. Never had my herb grow this fast, what a spectacular joy!

Will probably top the two main ends tomorrow.

5 Likes

Oh yeah! She looks nice and healthy! I’ll have to grow one of them out myself one of these days :laughing:

3 Likes