Pest/worms in Runoff Coco?Anyone Knows?

Hi guys,I am having problems of deficiencies with my plants,but in One in particular I have those critters in my runoff,but got NO fungus Gnats.Really.

2 Likes

Link to the other thread.

1 Like

What ever it is I’ll bet it’s eating the roots… :thinking:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

I found this.I saw those in the tent,like 2 or 3 of them day to day…It says those eat organic matter in decomposition…Could It Be rating my roots??Cause they call from nowhere in the runoff,there Is none of them in the Coco surface
@Gpaw

1 Like

Decomp foragers are not usually picky…

That would go a long way explaining the deficiencies etc you are seeing.

I grow organic soil so no experience with Canna A+B so go by what the other guys recommend.

I don’t recognize that little critter, what’s it’s name?

Cheers
G

1 Like

They are Drain flies.
I would be Happy but other plant has same problems,Just a Little different and has no critters in Runoff,so I am assuming defeating the critter Is not my goal :skull:
@Gpaw

2 Likes

These guys are bacteria feeders… They’re are not your problem.

I was studying decomp feeders a couple months back to get a handle on the critters in my worm bin. I had an interesting zoo this last grow.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

I just saw one of these this weekend crawling from my bathroom drain after scrubbing down it, obviously not deep enough… grateful for this post as I’ll be looking out for these in my new coco grow. The city I live in is known for sewer flies in some areas, assuming they are the same as drain flies :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I have seen these come out of drains in my barn.

:green_heart: :seedling:

1 Like