PGTs road to self sufficiency

Hello everyone,

I am here to learn and grow. Literally and figuratively. This is my first grow and while starting a bit late I want to document the experience.

4 G.S. Cookies by Humboldt seed co. were popped July 4th. 3 died/were culled by PM. Because I didnt adjust the humidity/didnt have a fan that oscillated. This one survived me cutting the bottom 2 nodes and has been pretty forgiving. I topped it about a week or two ago and since its shown new tops on the top node and the one under it. Ive learned an invaluable amount already.

Shes in 4 x 4 tent under a 320w qb with another waiting if she needs.
Started by a soak in a glass of water followed by a day in a paper towel. Planted in a solo cup with PRO mix seed starter and then transplanted to a 1 gallon pot with FFOF. Since the pm shes got one leaf wipe down and then a routine spraying of monterrey complete disease control. Shes been given PHed/distilled water with the recommended amount of cal mag and 1/4 tsp protekt. I have been watering based on the weight of the pot. Humidity has been kept at 55% with the controller set to allow 4% variation. Temp has been ~73-75.

Ive been reading the cannabis grow bible which seems incomplete.

Im sure Ive missed plenty but will be back later to edit/add more.

28 Likes

You’re in the right place man. Thanks for starting the thread. Looking good so far.

9 Likes

They look good, your reading is paying off.

8 Likes

Looks good for all it has been through so far. Glad you got the temp and humidity under control. Are you going to drop a few more since the others died?

6 Likes

Thanks everyone! It takes alot to not kill her with love. @Old-Ron I know am going to drop atleast 2 more of these tommorrow. I just discoverered tony greens gg4 ril and really want to save some space for them now that I have my wifes permission to buy. I got a diff gg4 cross freebie pack to pop but tonys seems much more promising for my needs.

12 Likes

Nice tight node growth going.I love pinching tips to make them bush.have got up to 6 new tips off one pinched tip…I also like to bend and train plants to .Your on your way to a fine grow and make sure you take a couple of clones before flowering.

7 Likes

Awesome. Can understand about wife’s permission, have one of those too. I have not dropped any GG4 yet, so I will look forward to following along on yours.

8 Likes

Is that the same as/close to FIMing? This one kinda just blew up all over the place after being topped. Im going to try lsting when the new top gets a little longer to get those other nodes get some more light.

9 Likes

@PGT710 yeah same as FIMing its a great way to make plants explode in branch growth especially mothers for cloning

4 Likes

@Old-Ron My wife is the best and thank you. Whats been your favorite strain to grow so far?

5 Likes

I love bending and tying them to keep an even canopy…snapped some in half doing it and used 2 popsicle sticks and rubber bands as splints and they grew the fattest stocks when recovered.Weed is a very hearty plant.

6 Likes

Back in the days of the original Over Grow i was a mentor in the Outdoor Grow threads…My favourite strains back then were Master Widow a beautiful cross of Master Kush x White Widow.I had Dj shorts Blueberry, Northern Lights x Cali O, OG kush, Sour Diesel, Sweet Tooth #3, K2 ,ICE QUEEN, Cindy 99 x Ak 47 were a few of my favourite back then…Got out of growing until now.starting an indoor grow in the next week.I just received 8 strains of beans from a long time friend i mentored on the original OG site and is a master grower here now.looking forward to starting his creations

The maui waui x cherry bomb intrigues me as i was a fan on the wicked maui waui i tried back in the early 80s…Going to start 5 seeds of each and see what i get.

19 Likes

The helps come full circle and youre here starting it over! Posted it on your thread but im looking to foward to seeing it!

6 Likes

@PGT710 like wise i will be following your thread and grow to :+1::+1: be nice when i am making and sharing beans and clones again to :wink:

4 Likes

Glad you have a great wife like I do. She tolerates my obsession…lol.

I am a sativa guy. So, anything that is sativa I like. They just take so long.

Although I do grow some indica for my friends who can not.

5 Likes

Took some pictures today. When I checked on her the pot was light. Im not sure if its the best way but something I read said to transplant a day after watering. So I will try that. I still havent decided between a 3 and a 5 gallon. Im thinking 5 so I wont need to transplant again. Just need to be cautious of over watering. Im hoping the transplant also clears w/e is causing her tips to yellow.

16 Likes

@SmknCanuck talkin’ that Breeder Steve and Ray Davies!!! :sunglasses:

This is a great thread, you’ll have success!!

5 Likes

I wish I could smoke more sativas too many give me anxiety so I try to avoid them. I love smoking the ones that just feel like a ray of sunshine. cries about missing chocolope*

6 Likes

I like Blue Dream for a start of a sativa high, that then turns into a relaxing high. At least for me.

4 Likes

I will be starting DrangBlood Hashplant been told to expect 13 weeks to finish flowering…really looking forward to a nice sativa high again.

10 Likes