PGTs road to self sufficiency

Hello everyone,

I am here to learn and grow. Literally and figuratively. This is my first grow and while starting a bit late I want to document the experience.

4 G.S. Cookies by Humboldt seed co. were popped July 4th. 3 died/were culled by PM. Because I didnt adjust the humidity/didnt have a fan that oscillated. This one survived me cutting the bottom 2 nodes and has been pretty forgiving. I topped it about a week or two ago and since its shown new tops on the top node and the one under it. Ive learned an invaluable amount already.

Shes in 4 x 4 tent under a 320w qb with another waiting if she needs.
Started by a soak in a glass of water followed by a day in a paper towel. Planted in a solo cup with PRO mix seed starter and then transplanted to a 1 gallon pot with FFOF. Since the pm shes got one leaf wipe down and then a routine spraying of monterrey complete disease control. Shes been given PHed/distilled water with the recommended amount of cal mag and 1/4 tsp protekt. I have been watering based on the weight of the pot. Humidity has been kept at 55% with the controller set to allow 4% variation. Temp has been ~73-75.

Ive been reading the cannabis grow bible which seems incomplete.

Im sure Ive missed plenty but will be back later to edit/add more.

22 Likes

You’re in the right place man. Thanks for starting the thread. Looking good so far.

6 Likes

They look good, your reading is paying off.

5 Likes

Looks good for all it has been through so far. Glad you got the temp and humidity under control. Are you going to drop a few more since the others died?

4 Likes

Thanks everyone! It takes alot to not kill her with love. @Old-Ron I know am going to drop atleast 2 more of these tommorrow. I just discoverered tony greens gg4 ril and really want to save some space for them now that I have my wifes permission to buy. I got a diff gg4 cross freebie pack to pop but tonys seems much more promising for my needs.

8 Likes

Nice tight node growth going.I love pinching tips to make them bush.have got up to 6 new tips off one pinched tip…I also like to bend and train plants to .Your on your way to a fine grow and make sure you take a couple of clones before flowering.

4 Likes

Awesome. Can understand about wife’s permission, have one of those too. I have not dropped any GG4 yet, so I will look forward to following along on yours.

6 Likes

Is that the same as/close to FIMing? This one kinda just blew up all over the place after being topped. Im going to try lsting when the new top gets a little longer to get those other nodes get some more light.

6 Likes

@projectgreenthumb710 yeah same as FIMing its a great way to make plants explode in branch growth especially mothers for cloning

3 Likes

@Old-Ron My wife is the best and thank you. Whats been your favorite strain to grow so far?

4 Likes

I love bending and tying them to keep an even canopy…snapped some in half doing it and used 2 popsicle sticks and rubber bands as splints and they grew the fattest stocks when recovered.Weed is a very hearty plant.

4 Likes

Back in the days of the original Over Grow i was a mentor in the Outdoor Grow threads…My favourite strains back then were Master Widow a beautiful cross of Master Kush x White Widow.I had Dj shorts Blueberry, Northern Lights x Cali O, OG kush, Sour Diesel, Sweet Tooth #3, K2 ,ICE QUEEN, Cindy 99 x Ak 47 were a few of my favourite back then…Got out of growing until now.starting an indoor grow in the next week.I just received 8 strains of beans from a long time friend i mentored on the original OG site and is a master grower here now.looking forward to starting his creations

The maui waui x cherry bomb intrigues me as i was a fan on the wicked maui waui i tried back in the early 80s…Going to start 5 seeds of each and see what i get.

14 Likes

The helps come full circle and youre here starting it over! Posted it on your thread but im looking to foward to seeing it!

5 Likes

@projectgreenthumb710 like wise i will be following your thread and grow to :+1::+1: be nice when i am making and sharing beans and clones again to :wink:

4 Likes

Glad you have a great wife like I do. She tolerates my obsession…lol.

I am a sativa guy. So, anything that is sativa I like. They just take so long.

Although I do grow some indica for my friends who can not.

4 Likes

Took some pictures today. When I checked on her the pot was light. Im not sure if its the best way but something I read said to transplant a day after watering. So I will try that. I still havent decided between a 3 and a 5 gallon. Im thinking 5 so I wont need to transplant again. Just need to be cautious of over watering. Im hoping the transplant also clears w/e is causing her tips to yellow.

11 Likes

@SmknCanuck talkin’ that Breeder Steve and Ray Davies!!! :sunglasses:

This is a great thread, you’ll have success!!

4 Likes

I wish I could smoke more sativas too many give me anxiety so I try to avoid them. I love smoking the ones that just feel like a ray of sunshine. cries about missing chocolope*

5 Likes

I like Blue Dream for a start of a sativa high, that then turns into a relaxing high. At least for me.

3 Likes

I will be starting DrangBlood Hashplant been told to expect 13 weeks to finish flowering…really looking forward to a nice sativa high again.

6 Likes