PGTs road to self sufficiency

Gave her 24 hr tap water with protekt last night. Shes looking happy and her leaves are clearing up! Contemplating cutting off those baby leaves at the bottom. I feel like even with LST they would take forever to grow and i could divert that energy. Thinking Im going transplant tonight. Nervous as this will be my first big transplant. Since Ill have room Im going to put her in a 5g pot. Due to my anxious and meticulous nature Ive avoided some research untill it got to that point. I need to see how tall this strain gets and see about what height im going to flip. Hope anyone reading is well.

13 Likes

hey man, great thread! enjoyed following along. I am new to Overgrow and haven’t really taken the time to dive in. I’ve had a couple small grows but i still classify myself as inexperienced or new, despite that i feel like i know a fair amount.

either which way, thanks for posting. yours & a couple others that i’ve read this evening have inspired me to maybe document my own journey with the girls i have ( am growing 2 , one is High Priority by 710 and the other Black Valium by top shelf elite)

good luck with the transplant!!! mine are just now 3 days in flower and i wish i had put them in 5 gal. instead of 3

7 Likes

@v32Finish Thank you and both of those sound wonderful! I was really flip flopping so hard about which size, figured it would be better to let it get settled it then flip. I hope you start one. Everytime I mess with my plant now I try to add it here. Wish I could get off my butt pop these seeds and do this transplant.

4 Likes

Also welcome to OG!!

3 Likes

Heck yeah… it seems really therapeutic. Lol. Both gardening, and then writing about it as well. Im gonna try to do it. I’ve really learned alot just from watching others’ grows! I am thinking about transitioning into a tent, too… we’ll see what happens :sunglasses:

6 Likes

@PGT710 lol get off your butt bro :rofl::rofl: once i start the addiction takes over always acquiring new strains and growing out crosses i make lol.just about to set up my first grow tent and already thinking of my big storage closet as a flower room and another tent in my bedroom already lol

I start my seeds or clones in 16oz beer cups,do one transplant to a 5gal pot for indoors.Outdoors i go from 16oz cup into the ground.

Glad to see your lady bouncing back.Happy growing brother :+1::+1:

4 Likes

It really feels like it! Also helps to keep me from bugging her. Though im sure shed love some new dirt to spread out in.

1 Like

Lol! Im already telling my wife I need another tent for breeding. I atleast tried to slow it down by telling her Id research/read up on breeding schemes first.

4 Likes

Lol make sure you still spend time with the wife and make her feel special.Happy wife for a happy life lol

Between the growroom and OG we can get consumed with growing :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

For sure! My wife’s isnt always happy when I’m reading on “grow green”. :joy:
Gotta make time for the better half, for sure.

4 Likes

Happy wife happy life is a very true statement indeed! Try to spoil her with the right things. Hope everyone is doing well. Really need get my butt up and motivated. Been wanting to start an outdoor garden and compost bin. Realized Id prob want to wait to transplant till right before lights off so Ill be doing that soon.

3 Likes

Well, shes transplanted into her new home. The rootball wasnt that big. Im going to try to work on a better watering scheme/watching for dry cycles. I need to go back and adjust the height of my light before lights on. Wonder how big it would be if the 1g was filled out. Guess I really need to take a clone.

Next on the list is dropping some more beans in water.

Hope everyone reading is well! Any feedback is always apprecated!

3 Likes

Also forgot to add ill be giving some water with mycochum tonight.

I know you should prob only stick to 1 strain but I popped 2 bubbas pupil by katsu blue bird and 2 g.s. cookies by humboldt seed co. Have to wait on getting tonys gg4 due to life happening. Its ok though, am greatful to still have seeds to pop lol.

@PGT710 time to get to work lol .the early rising farmer gets the best buds

I am starting 8 strains of seeds and 10 clones of gardeners choice

1 Like

@SmknCanuck My girl has been transplanted and seeds dropped in water! Excited to check on her at 10 when the lights come on. What strains are the clones you got?

1 Like

Well, shes not showing any transplant shock which is great. Shes reaching for the light. (Per @SmknCanuck I raised them.) Im going to lower it back and look at turning the power up. Been giving 12kish lux at the top she started to show stress at any higher. Need to figure out how to do my lights better. Hope all is well!

9 Likes

Well, all 4 seeds have tails after 24 hrs. 1 of each were pretty dang long already. Put them on a damp paper towel (Poured seeds out from each cup into the paper towel then a placed paper towel over top and poured all water off). I will be most likely put them in dirt tommorrow since they already have tails. I also prepped my cups and watered to drainage which should be ready by tommorrow.

My inline fan came in for my veg/clone tent today. All I need now is a veg light. So excited. Hope everyone is well and happy friday!

5 Likes

New seedlings looked like they were beyond ready to go. Next time Im going to skip the soak and either just do a paper towel or just directly to solo cup. Not the biggest fan of having to handle seedlings. One of the seedngs had a massive tail I couldnt deal with. My wife reassured me they were only seeds and to stop stressing. Remember its not a loss as long as you learn.

11 Likes

I have started going right into solo cups. This round I was 6 for 6 on germination. 3 Afghani #1 and 3 OG Cake. I agree with you, hate to handle them with a tap root.

4 Likes