Phattys Grow Diaries (Bodhi Sakura, F2'd by Nube) (Chemdawg 4)

Update 6 Day 9…wish I would have had the foresight to intentionally make those 2 numbers appear together like that…

So far after a day in the towel 5 of 11 have split and are showing tails…will give the other 6 another day, but generally at least for me, they won’t pop if they haven’t by now, but I’ve got lots of time, so I’ll give them another day, what can it hurt right?

As for the 1st bean that was started…growth is chugging along…much lighter cup, will probably water in a few days…yay veg life! :slight_smile:

So as you can see in the circled section, I’m pretty sure that’s a representation of the crucifixion. Guess it could be worse, I could have seen the Virgin Mary in my bag of Lays :smiley:

6 Likes

Update 7 Day 9

Chugging right along, i’d say a solid 22.4% biomass increase overnight…this super secret product I’m using is quite impressive…I believe they called it Eau De Ville at my hydro store…it’s only 40 bucks a jug…and it’s crystal clear with no smell other than trace chlorine…it’s great in any medium…in fact they said if I was doing hydro, I’d never need to use my own tap water!!! WOW!!! Guess who needs to get out more?

I dunno, its waaaaaaaaaaaaay early to make a prediction, but I’m guessing Katsu leaner…

9 Likes

Is the main active ingredient H20? Lol… my shop sells the same stuff for 35$ sounds like you need to shop around for better prices or wait for it to go on sale for 10% off! Lol

4 Likes

Eau De Ville translates to “City Water”, I was attempting to be humorous as veg pics are ZzzZzZZ to most (even the guy taking them!) Was hoping somebody would call me out on that :smiley: I’m sure I never mentioned it in this thread, and it would be fairly pertainant…Water only with the occasional frass…we all have our mixes I guess…mines heavy on Kelp and some alfalfa sprinkled in…several other constants as its ROLS…it’s been cycled a lot so exact breakdowns of whats in it are sketchy at best… Some day I’ll restart from scratch, but to be honest I’m pretty sure my herd is older than my dog, and possibly loved more? :wink:

6 Likes

Update 8 Day 12 (CORRECT DAYS ABOVE GROUND)

Off to a good start already…seems I can’t even tell what a 2 or a 5 is…anyways 12 days, personally I like the growth, HOWEVER the LED I switched to burns hot…just happened to check and noticed it was 88F in there, with a whopping 25%RH, pretty lame tbh, and after 13 days of growing experience I should have this mastered already… (this is one of those bad jokes I do…it’s obviously only 12 days of experience if you look at the first post ;)) 10,000 comedians out of a job and I try to be funny… /oldmanrambleoff

I’m still going with the Katsu leaner …

soo…on the other 11 seeds that I had of this F2 I was able to get 5 to split and they are just starting to peak above ground…will start their photo show tomorrow…the 6 that did not crack, after a pretty solid examination 2 of the seeds are pretty malformed and were discarded, the other 4 I shook with some sandpaper, added a little gibcid to help propagate and put them in a paper towel, we’ll see what happens.

6 Likes

Update 8 Day Lucky 13

Well…all 5 have broken ground and and are about 2 weeks behind #1

And of course the star of our show…

7 Likes

Update 9 Day 14

Chug chug chug…the #1 is growing like a champ (forgive the gross thumb nail, i’ve been working hard all day scrubbing stuff, just think Danny Tanner level OCD with house cleaning)

I would think it’ll drop the baby leaves just in time for it’s next water. the babies were started in damp “ish” soil so they are gonna need a bit I’d imagine as the tops of the solos are looking pretty dry.

7 Likes

Update 10 Day 17 (time flies when you’re having fun!)

Where to begin, not much excitement, gave #1 some water bubbled with kelp meal, black strap and some ewc from the bin, and i began it’s strengthening abuse, smacked it around like a red headed step child! drooping, but it’s standing back up already. i even went the extra mile and did something I haven’t done in a very looooooong time (17 days of experience as per guide :slight_smile: ) I checked the PH of the brew with some fancy drops, I know I know, pretty high tech, came up $$ green…yay me… that was about 30 minutes before the photo was taken.

The babies #2-#6 got watered with the above but dilluted down to about 1/8, unneeded except for the fact I needed to water them anyways and used the last little bit I had…waste not want not!

(#5-#6) cotys are drooping, would imagine they got a touch to dry but I’m sure they’ll be fine, turns out these are pretty resilient plants overall :wink:

Since I only have the 6 plants and the Original Bodhi F1s are going to be around for a bit still I’m just keeping the girls around. I know I know not what I said I’d be doing, but it would get in the way of my Dank Sinatra F3 project (talking like I know what I’m doing and have a plan on paper or something) ((I don’t to the first, I do to the second!))

4 Likes

Update 11 Day 21

Stuck #1 in a 1gal and boy is it not very happy with me atm, you’d think it would be happy to be the hell out of a nasty beer cup, but whatever…as you can see by the first pic the cotys were yellowing, and 3 little birds once told me that’s a good time to do it… :smiley:

The white specs are perlite from turning the cup over, I scoped that out pretty thoroughly)

It’s not exactly happy, and the RH in the tent is roughly mid 30s, so I’d expect that to play a slight role in the crinkle…now it’s in my living dirt with everything it could need except an RH boost. (well more wet dirt should start helping with that if I keep my fingers crossed long enough)

The babies #2-#5

As we can see, after 20 years…er 23 days of growing, I made a less then stellar mistake, stretchy stems on the seedlings, put a new light in which at first didn’t appear brighter then the one I had (150w true watt, bright white led)…till I went blind like a teenager playing with himself for to long…certainly more intense then a 600 hortieye, but time will tell if it’s any good for anything I suppose…

Yeah she’s not pretty, I took off the trimmed fans from cloning, it’ll get topped for a clone then it will be much more uniform looking I hope :smiley:

This came from a friend on another site, haven’t flowered it yet so can’t say for sure what exactly it is, but it cost me a Pizza in trade… damn pirates praying on the weak and desperate!

ALSO, 23 days no cigarettes…CBD seems to have knocked the urges out, so 2 thumbs up for the guys that chased CBDs, they might be on to something!

7 Likes

This guy rambles a lot

3 Likes

I actually heard that 1 day to a plant is in flowering like 1 year to a human. Strong argument to check them every day.

3 Likes

Great, now harvest times are going to feel even longer! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Update 12 Day 22 (I regret not using stardates as per the star trek dork in me, not I don’t speak klingon but green girls intrigue me…) :smiley:

Well #1 is opening up, still a little light but a few more days and she’ll be right as rain once her roots start filling the 1 gallon and eating. Got my RH% back into the mid to upper 50s so the extra dirt worked out (who knew eh? ;))

2-6 the babies are plugging along, will be another 10ish days before they explode if they are like #1…a day in the new light and the stems on the seedlings are getting better…I’m treating them like they were katsu clones till I see different, the dirt isn’t overly hot so might have to rely on more teas then usual, which isn’t a big deal as I have just gotten myself like an extra 11 minutes a week of free time…FML :confused:

So the one I was assured is Sour D got put in the 3 gal 2 days ago roughly and it’s exploding, just seems a little to happy…but again I’ve got like 22 days of growing experience and all…to be honest I want to put in in a much larger pot but I’m to old to be lugging 10 gallon smarties around to water, I could do some trays and plumbing, but I’ll be honest I’m doing a GIANT NO NO…growing in dirt…on WHITE CARPET…my bissel gets quite a workout :slight_smile:

Chem4 is starting to be pretty happy in its new pot as well…guess I got lucky…I don’t have fancy transplant concoctions…just ground up baby asprin and some worm poo, rarely get shock, it happens, especially when I go all bull in a china shop and tear root balls out of smart pots…

3 Likes

Update 13 Day 24

1 is still chugging along, been lights out for a few hours so it’s pretty limp…(whiskey limp… if you get what I’m saying without saying it :money_mouth:) the crinkle would seem to be a trait among the plants, as 4 of the 6 have it to some degree…believe it to be genetic as the other plants in the tent aren’t expressing any crinkling of the leaves…

As it sits 1, 2, 3 and 6 have the similar crinkle trait going on…

4 and 5 don’t have the crinkle going on at least as of yet, never know what the future holds…i mean originally I thought I was going to get rich out of my closet right?

6 Likes

Update 14 Day 25

Now that 1 is filling its shoes in the 1 gallon it’s starting to take off pretty nice, still has the crinkle in it’s leaves, as do 3 of the other seedlings. I’m still guessing it’s a Katsu leaner, also I’m thinking it might have started filling this 1 gallon up a little fast root wise…I’m to buzzed to check back, but could have sworn its only been a few days, but probably weeks…stoner time lags…thank God for the internet and grow logs

The babies 2-6 plugging along and looking pretty diverse all the sudden :smiley:

Even think I seen a root or 2 at the bottoms :smiley: (No i’m not suffocating them with more plastic upon plastic, just easier for the group shot, and as you all see MASTER PHOTOGRAPHER with my LG phone)

3 Likes

Update 15 Day 27

Needed to up pot the solo cup plants into 1 gallons as I’m going to be tied up with nonsense adulting garbage…#1 really should get up potted it’s roots are starting to pour out of the bottom of the pot, but it’s staying in the 1 gal till it sexes…

1 is starting to get some side branching going, not hating it’s structure so far, pretty solid, stem feels hollow, but at a month old it’s still pretty soft all around, I might have to break out some stuff and junk to keep them happy throughout and amend the soil properly for the next round of them…well at least the ones that make it to round 2…They are starting to diversify pretty well being F2s, I could make predictions on Katsu/Wookie/Hybrid but who wants to embarrass themselves when they’re wrong? :smiley:

3 Likes

This was the guide I used to get me started in the world of Organics, and I haven’t really ever needed to deviate from it other than adding the additional amendments it mentions as you progress.

No slaughter house/No fishies here either, gross :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing @Phatlewtz that’s a great link for anyone wanting to get into the “organic” game i’d like to cross reference this into another thread for the soil newbies out there!

2 Likes

@Tinytuttle Well you know your shit…organically speaking that is! :wink: If it helps some peeps out that would be golden for sure…just make sure everyone that reads it sends me a dollar, then send it to 10 more people…send me a dollar…rinse and repeat! That’s how business works right? :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s cool all I ask is 10% is for my services! Lol

1 Like