Phenotype seed development

So I was hoping and praying for rouge seeds in Crippy A w how pollen spreads. What I found were tiny claw ends, weak shells and sorta oblong shaped. I thought my targeted areas showed infertility, but now I’m wondering how phenotypes play in developing their seed. Some just weaker and prohibitive from full development to deform at the end ? I’m thinking this A pheno type has a defect in fully mature seed. Has anyone had experience w this before ? My B phenotype fully developed round seeds w hard shells, so this has me scratching my heads :thinking:

2 Likes

Yes that can happen. Some plants can be sterile, or some just develop tiny white blank seeds. Some plants that have been overly inbred or reversed on themselves upto s4 or 5 can have bad issues reproducing or be sterile too. Some plants just dont give great children or can have deformities same as other species of life. Its why it beter to breed with good plants an use stock with traceable pedigrees using good plants. In your case it could be either of the parents causing the problem. Though from what you say id say its probably that mother carrying that seed as the other mother turned out fine.

1 Like