Photoperiods one by one in a 2x2

My last grow I found it nice to have a place online to journal and upload pictures of my plants as they grew because I learned a lot when I looked back and reviewed everything. My first try growing the occasional note on my calendar didn’t seem to be enough to keep me motivated. But lucky for me failure is one of my biggest motivators. All aboard to my hall of shame!

I ended up composting my first plants grown outdoor in potting soil. They were autos and beyond saving!

But some research here and proper tracking in the diary I did ok with the same seeds. Here is a pic of first and second try with the same auto seeds.

I’ve started running seeds given to me by @HashstasH that have a bit of mystery lineage. But the female was strawberry glue pollinated by either strawberry glue or purple urkle. Expect bite marks :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: I have a very tenacious cat and didn’t get a chance to take a pic before he got into them today.

So mainly I’m going to use this new diary as a personal journal to compare all my plants as I learn and improve. I will be keeping track of my next few grow cycles here and trying to stay as on topic as possible.

• Lights are two 110W full spec LEDs *for seedlings a 30W full spec LED T5 *
  • Media is always coco or coco mixed. Seeds start in solos & final containers are between 2 & 4 gals, maybe bigger depending on my skill level as I go on
  • Growing in an AC Infinity Cloudlab 422
  • Nutrients are for now Advanced Nutrients Brand: SENSI Cal Mag Xtra & 3 pt. Micro, Grow, Bloom, hand watered mixed into 24 hrs sitting tap
  • One 4” in-line fan & one clip on vivosun no air exchange system or exhaust system/ventilation(could change), ventilation is just leaving the vent hole opposite the in-line open

As the title says everything recorded here going forward is photoperiod. I have a few stashed packs and they are all photos. Next post will be seedling pictures.

17 Likes

Failure. That’s a great way to learn for sure.

As for those seeds, good luck.
I questioned the authenticity for a reason. I have one of “those feelings” someone isn’t being truthful about the lineage of that purple urkel. but I won’t push it anymore.
If they work out for you, great :blush:
If they don’t and you’d like to try a pack from a reputable breeder who uses verifiable clones, give me a shout and I’ll send you a pack or two. :sunglasses::pray:

8 Likes

Little jerk completely cranked the stem sideways on this one. It got the worst of it. I’ll be burying it down when I repot. I was going to be choosing between these two if they were both female so maybe he has made the choice for me.

First seedling is 12 days and second is 11.

8 Likes

I’ll follow. If I may.

1 Like

Thanks dude! And thanks for stopping by :grinning: I’m a strawberry fiend and am more hoping one of those phenotypes are gonna pop out, but thanks for your offer, you’re a GG: Generous Gentleman! :green_heart:

2 Likes

Please do my dude!! :grin:

Well. Thank you. I am more of a purple fan. But then again I am a personal use only type. But I do gift a little. Lol. I’ll keep looking in. :+1:

1 Like

Don’t worry I won’t turf them if they show purple, the healthiest female will get to live, no matter her pheno! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

as of today, I am sitting on these. Lol

11 Likes

Looking great! I hope I can get away from the lime greens my plants give off and get to deeper green like yours! Still learning how to balance nutes and pH and all that lol.

2 Likes

Effort will gain results. :+1:

1 Like

I see an empty space in that far right corner…“DIBS!!!” Continued success, take care, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Welcome my good sir! Thanks for stopping and hangin! :grin:

The “corners” I hope. Will fill up very soon. :+1:

1 Like

I love it…
I always pop a few extra beans as their always seems to be a few sacrifices to the Cat overseers of the garden. I will have great success popping beans only to have a few tops eaten right off by the cats.

I will be pulling up a seat if that is ok … :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Welcome! :green_heart: Haha yeah I should probably just start planning for it like that. He left my stunted ones :expressionless: I’m actually sprouting him some catnip and considering making some kinda mini tent with the T5 as a decoy or ‘his’ grow… hopefully it will appease him :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Days 18 & 19

I’ve been a little lazy and haven’t up potted and haven’t set up my humidifier so if they look stunted that’s probably why! Very low RH at like 36-48% and they are only under T5. Need to get it together but just been busy.

4 Likes

Day 25

Day 26

Still in solos… just going to keep them like this until sex shows because I’m going to flip on day 30 and am trying to conserve my coco/it’s a 2x2x4.

Thursday I hooked up the inkbird and humidifier for 75% RH as well as put up my two 110w lights at 50%. As much as I love the tent and how it withstands my cats abuse the poles are so thick no clip I could find will fit around them! But somehow I never thought before to use zip ties…

3 Likes

A little over 10 days from flip and they are starting to show signs of sex, one of each, I think the taller and first of the plants is male, which is exciting to me as I haven’t grown regular photos before and wanted a bit of experience with identifying, but he is going to be hacked up and made into stem tea.

It got quite tall though for the cup size
Noodle cup for scale ha!

Will post some pics of the supposed female I kept when lights go on tonight. They’ve been getting the advanced nutrients recommended dose of 4 ml per litre split into two waterings a day and just pH’d water with the recommended calmag every third day. RH set at 75% with a dehumidification/humid differential of 5%, temps have been between 21° and 25°.

5 Likes

great work @Cocobubble! really nice, vigorous growth for being in a party cup. how often were you watering that? i can’t wait to see more!

1 Like