Phototrons...SWC/TRON

@Zubenal, this is what the bottom of the newer Phototrons look like, it’s flat…Does yours have a bump on the bottom of the Phototron?

I’m using one of the smaller Phototrons as a veg only chamber 18/6…I’m gonna break out one of the bigger Phototrons to flower my MTH as soon as I get my Chicago tap water.

4 Likes

@PhilCuisine Sure do, sundews and pitcher plants too. I have a nice little collection of bug eaters. There are so many different varieties of flytraps alone, just like cannabis.

!

8 Likes

Mine does not have a bump on the bottom. It looks like yours, except white.
Im going to put a pot in it and put my starts in soil. I have to get some soil building stuff. I will use the nutes you directed me to to grow in soil. I called the company and spoke to Andrew. He is a trip. He was excited to talk to someone about the Phototron.
He agreed with your suggestion to go with a soil grow. He is a hydro guy.

3 Likes

Do you have these lights then, the T5’s in your Phototron?

These are the lights for the small Phototrons…

These are the lights for the big Phototrons.

3 Likes

Was just reading the beginning of this thread and was wondering about how you made your cloner not wanting to spend the loot on a mass produced one I can make

2 Likes

Click on my profile and it should take you to a link bromigo…Hope this helps.

Building a Cheapo-Aero cloning tub

1 Like

Mine has those u shaped lights.
Can they be upgraded?

3 Likes

Way too much work to change those out because you would have to change the ballast too I think…The only thing I can suggest is get that garage light and just add some under the cabinet leds lights to it…you can link them together bromigo…

1 Like

Very cool. I am talking to another guy on another forum about upgrading the lighting but he wants me to fabricate a light fixture. I am going to see if I can just use his led light strips like those you pointed me to. But, the ones you pointed me to are so cheep. Menards is great. I had never heard of it but you love it. I get it!
There is a plug hanging from the top of the middle that a double sided florescent light was plugged into, one of those swirly type bulbs. I lost that fixture, I used it around the house as a trouble light and lost track of it. I went to Lowes and bought a two sided light buld socket that I can plug into it and I bought two led grow bulbs. Lighting is a work in progress. For now, I am making my soil and putting some seeds on to germinate. I should have the system up and running over the weekend.
I should start a journal, right?
And, I think I do want to figure out the hydroponic system fir a future run!

2 Likes

I know they are cheap but they will work, check out my cloning area on my kitchen counter these LED strips are 22" long…they do have led strips with more lumens …try and get the led strip that at least 22" in length and a lot of lumens for your Phototron its gonna cost more but that’s what I would do…these LED strips under my cabinets were $10 each, put 3 or 4 of these linked together in your Phototron and a garage light for the middle plug in…Btw, I didn’t put these under cabinet lights for growing.:joy::rofl::sweat_smile:

Garage light

4 Likes

Im afraid I dont have 22", I am looking for 12" strips. Your screenshots had a 12"er but I couldnt find it on the web.

1 Like

These 22" LEDs I got at Menards I think they were $9.97 or something …just leave your Phototrons as is and just supplement it with more lighting

1 Like

I think your right. I did spray paint the inside bright white, from dingy yellow.

1 Like

Dude, I am going to buy some seeds. Can you suggest what I should go with?
Somebody suggested Black Jack Auto Feminised Seeds. That looks crazy awesome to me.

2 Likes

I’ve grown both Sativa & Indica strains in Phototrons…its just a matter of when to flip the lights to 12/12…You need to ask yourself this, what kind of highness do you prefer energetic or narcotic? You have a small P-tron just make sure not to let plant get too tall…I would flip the lights into 12/12 when you plant is 6.5"-7" tall. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Something for you to think about autoflower seeds bromigo…

Are autoflowers sensitive to light leaks?

1 Like

Why autos?

1 Like

You were the one thinking of buying auto seeds from your post…

Help me with the right strain

1 Like

Yep this was the thread I was thinking of haha . Might be building a small box for a buddy and like the phototron style .

I turned a couple of these into a homemade Phototron bromigo…

5 Likes