Picking the suitable GROW TENT & a little push from the lovely buds!

Maybe start 4 plants…you can cull the weaker ones once you get the others going well. Starting 1 or 2…if you have issues you may have to start all over. Good luck!!

5 Likes

Buy a tall tent. 6’

I have a 2x4 and run 4 females at a time.

8 Likes

2x4 Tent, I prefer @VIVOSUN because it’s the only major brand with lower side port holes.

200watt led light at least. I use 400w but I would at least have 200.

FloraFlex nutrients, u can buy the complete set though their website for less than $50

Coco for growing medium.

You could get ~3lb a year with this once you get yourself going, maybe more with autos

1 Like

Thanks and any particular FloraFlex nutrients, because I see many?

Buy 2 Octopots , start off with a leg up :sunglasses:

5 Likes

offlate I am hearing a lot of buzz around Octopots, any real time experiences?

1 Like

Personally I’d highly recommend NOT to cheap out on the actual tent, like I did… I’ve owned 3 different brands of cheaper costing tents and I wasn’t happy with any of them overall.

After researching, I’m very happy I’ve chosen to go with AC infinity brand tents, Mars hydro also makes great quality as well.

After the tent, get:
Inline duct fan (exhaust)
Fan for inside the tent (air flow)
Controller (optional)
Kasa wifi smart 3 plug power strip (you won’t regret this)

3 Likes

this is my suggestion. Has plenty of space for at least four plants and an area for clones. Just my opinion.

2 Likes

Here’s the link for the starter kit. The price has gone up quite a bit, $80 for the set, but it’s a complete set with bloom booster and the set would last you at least 4 grow cycles so not bad. It’s also a very simple formula so good for starting out with. Only 2-3 parts to mix depending on the phase.

2 Likes

I’m not sure where you are, but here in Canada there is plenty of (barely) used tents/lights/inlines etc to be had for peanuts. I shopped on Kjiji here for a few months and got what looks like a brand new (the new grey model) Vivosun 4X4 tent, a barely used 640 watt foldable LED light, a brand new still in box 640 watt LED of the same, hangers for both, a 6 inch AC Infinity inline with brand new filter, 3 small fans like new for 300 bucks.

And the guy delivered it to my house and showed me everything worked.

3 Likes

If you find an HLG 300 the kind with the gap in the middle buy it for me and I’ll buy it from you.

I’ve had bad luck on Kijiji recently but good luck in general.

Sorry I just woke up from what I can only describe as hallucinations, not dreams, about bagels.

3 Likes

I’ll keep my eye out

7 Likes

I’ve tried three tents thus far. Ac infinite tops the list. I use the ac infinite 4" fan applying positive pressure mounted outside the tent. I can take my lights all the way up that way giving me almost a foot for the sometimes tall sativa girls

1 Like

I have a Mars Hydro tent, have been abusing it for 4 years, and must say it’s top quality.

3 Likes

The material for the @MarsHydro tent itself is definitely among the best. I feel like you’d have to do something insane to damage them. That’s the one thing I wish @VIVOSUN would do is upgrade to the 1680d canvas

gorilla tent with height extensions. (if you have the ceilings for it)

photoperiod Family Jewels (10 pack) | ChiTown Seeds

1 Like

Thank you :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

1 Like

I would not going cheaper than an AC Infinity Tent. I have a AC Infinity 4x4 that is 80 inches tall(6’6’) and it is a decent tent. Do not get one shorter than 80 inches if you have the space. Once you have a tent up I would not take them down unless you absolutely have to move the tent for some reason. Each time you take one down and reassemble it you are going to get pin holes around the top where the poles form the frame.

I would stay away from grow kits. It is cheaper and better quality if you take your time and buy decent equipment when it is on sale.

Edit- Be watchful of cheap LED lights. Too many cheap LED lights have caused fires. Same with cheap clip on fans for the tent. Vivosun had a cheap fan a few years ago that could catch on fire. Search vivosun clip on fan caught fire reddit to learn more.

I am with @Jetdro

Either Octopots or Sub Irrigation Planters (SIP’s).

They are great especially if you will be away from your grow for a bit.

Take a look at @CrunchBerries SIP thread below for all kinds of great info.

1 Like

Go with the Gorilla light with extension (if needed). Quality heavy duty zippers and seams are critical. IMHO the Gorilla light is the best value for the money

1 Like